Saturday, May 2, 2020

May is here

Hello Folks it is hard to believe it is May already. It is day 53 of being isolated. One day slips into another.  The governor has said that my county and two others will be in isolation until the end of this month. 

This morning the scent of three 'unknown' red roses is filling my little space. Just wonderful and a joy to look at also. (excuse my dust, something I plan to work on today.)


Day before yesterday I went out to rake up 'again' all of the leaves in the driveway. I thought about mowing, but was pooped after raking and bagging. The full bags are out by the sidewalk to be picked up and will be turned into mulch by the county.

Looking north.


 Looking south, the bags are at the drive-thru gate waiting for me to take out to sidewalk.
 

After coming inside I noticed the sky was black to the north. Didn't see that while outside. We got a little rain here, then later in the day we had a T-storm roll in and dump more rain on us for about 15 minutes. Yesterday morning I was able to mow and am glad to have all of that done.

I have made stuffed shells, froze 2 meals worth, then I made a white bean, sausage, kale stew. Not sure what I'll do today. Would like to make a loaf of quick banana bread.

Stuffed shells served with a cucumber/tomato/onion/kalatma olive vinaigrette salad.


Now for some more flowery eye candy. 
'Carpet roses'

 


 
Frangipani
 

Unknown orchid


Queen's Wreath, I tied down the stems.



You can see the purple garlic vine flowers in the background. This arbor is a 'throw together' from things I had laying around. I cobbled it together October 2013.


Next, the secret garden, for roses and butterflies, is filling out. The birdbath is now filled again after the rain we've had.




Now for some hearts, one stuck to the glass door, the other is made of shell rock and was found in the driveway.



Ok, it is time for me to take care of making the inside of my little home happier and sweeter by washing dishes, vacuuming and dusting, maybe making a loaf of banana bread, and whatever else I might get done today.

Here are a couple of songs that have blessed my heart this week. May the be a blessing to you as well.




Love, hugs and prayers for all,

FlowerLady

13 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely pictures!Blessings.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love those pretty flowers. You sound like you are keeping well while in isolation.

Terra said...

Frangipangi, sounds so tropical and fragrant. Maybe you can name your unknown red roses, how about Isolation Rose? Or Home Rose? Be well.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Oh, your garden is lovely! Food looks delicious.💖

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Lorraine. I always love pictures of your cozy cottage and your beautiful garden. I can just smell those roses. Lovely! Have a good Sunday!

Vee said...

So lush there, all tropical forest like. Your flowers are lovely. Did you get to bake? 🍌

Thelma said...

It's nice to see all your pretty flowers. Happy Spring.

Ann said...

Your flowers are always so beautiful. You've gotten a lot accomplished. Way more than I get down around here, that's for sure.

Lynn and Precious said...

Your meals sound yummy and look appetizing. This long lockdown is boring,
but safety first and hopefully it will end in June. June! Hard to think
ahead to it already. We expect frost here Friday night, just as I had
planted hanging baskets and patio pots. Just have to drag them inside for
a day or 2. Love the orchids, so graceful looking.

Betty said...

The stuffed shells look good. Your flowers are so pretty. We are getting cabin fever here in WV. Hubby has to work, but we are not going any where when He is home. Cannot wait until this is over, even if it is for a short time. Be safe and hang in there.

pilar said...

Yay to hearts found! I noticed and saved the teensiest little paper heart on my bedroom floor the other night; I'd been ripping paper earlier in the day, since I don't have a shredder, and somehow one miniscule piece took its special form. Constant blessings abound. I'm surprised I haven't cleaned as much as I expected I would during this isolating period. The place is fairly dusty, but I'd rather read. In Ottawa Canada, some folks are getting back to work today...We'll see what happens. May God give me patience! Blessings to you Lorraine! The garden, as always, so beautiful

ellen b. said...

Things are looking nice at your place. It looks like you are eating well during the pandemic. Glad you can enjoy the scent from those red roses. Happy May to you!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your meal looks so delicious. Stuffed shells, Yummy. I love that area with the red roses and the birdbath. It looks like a pretty and peaceful place for you to relax. And the Frangipani is so delicate and pretty. Love its color. You live in such a charming area, Lorraine. I noticed the little doll in the corner of your room. I love dolls, and cloth dolls are my favorite.

~Sheri