Friday, May 29, 2020

You CAN do it!


Good morning folks ~ It is a new day, the sun is shining, there are clouds flitting by in a blue sky. I've already been out to the grocery store, home within an hour. Got what I needed, should last me another month. The perishables are put away, other stuff waiting to be dealt with, later. I had a bowl of cereal with fresh strawberries and some Greek yogurt and a glass of mixed juices, prune and FLA oj.

I wore my mask and gloves.  Always so good to get both of those off. Few shoppers, most wore masks. Follow the arrows on the isles and you're good.  I've got an order from Walmart which is supposed to be here today, time will tell. That order is for TP, brown rice, cereal, and dried beans.

I was a bit afraid getting ready to head out on the road this morning, but said a prayer with thankfulness and did it! You can to. I'm really a homebody, so being here doesn't bother me, it was the not being able to shop for myself at first, and then not being able to see physical family, church family and friends is the hard part. Being in isolation makes one a bit apprehensive about going out.

I am so thankful for my gardens, weeds, overgrowth and all. We've had LOTS of rain and things have only grown all the more. At least I'm not having to pay for watering. Here are some shots below.

I have to say that I think the photo quality has been diminished with the new blogger, the pics all seem fuzzy in my opinion. They used to be great quality. You CAN enlarge the pics, by selecting the photo and grabbing hold of the little boxes at corners or middle and pulling outwards or upwards/downwards.





Also, in comment moderating, when the comments show up, to the right are some symbols, and the last one is a checkmark, I think, and it says something like if this is not spam and you approve for this to be publish, that's the symbol you click on.  I did NOT want to have to get them in my email, get enough stuff there as it is.

So, things are doable in the new blogger, you just need to know what to do. I do hope the pics will be clearer once uploaded. I'll see after I publish this post.

I've been working on less procrastination and more doing around here, dusting, cleaning windows, folding and putting away clean laundry, keeping up with dishes, mowing, trimming, etc.

That's it for now. Let's remember that we CAN do things. We may have to learn new ways, and to step out in faith, and to be more thankful than ever, but we can DO it. Here are a few of my favorite verses from God's Word:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13 KJV

"For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs." Zephaniah 3:17

That's it for now, groceries need to be put away, dust bunnies done away with, etc. etc. May I do all 'heartily' as unto Jesus.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady


8 comments:

Dewena said...

I've been smiling while reading this, Lorraine! Your enthusiasm and can do spirit are contagious! I think it did you good to go to the grocery store. I haven't yet due to a new back problem but miss picking out my own groceries so much.

As far as tackling the new blogger change, I'll give it a try soon although the quality of the pictures does worry me. It actually looks pretty in your pictures, gives the garden an old English look that is charming. Have a nice weekend, sweet friend!

Vee said...

Yes! For getting out. I'm going out myself in a few minutes.

Oh I see what you mean about your pictures. They do look fuzzy and not like your usual ones. I will have to see what happens whenI try it. If I don't like what I see, I will definitely be yelping.

Morning's Minion said...

I appreciate your comments on the new blogger format--the notification landed on my 'dashboard' today. Not looking forward to the changes, but will choose a fairly calm moment to tackle it.

Ann said...

Well it's good to hear that it's not too hard to figure out. I still haven't made the switch. I'm saving it for a day when I don't feel rushed or tired.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Doesn't it feel good to accomplish some of these things and know that you can do it? I know I get a sense of satisfaction in figuring things out by myself.,

ellen b. said...

Good for you for getting out and buying some groceries. I don't use blogger so I can't help you with the new blogger issues. Hope you have a good last weekend of May!

L. D. said...

Your photos look great. You live in a paradise with all the trees and flowers.

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you for the verses this morning, Lorraine. I loved hearing them. It looks wonderful around your neck of the woods, and it's always a pleasure to see your garden with all your interesting things....statues, flowers, shrubs. Enjoy your groceries. And it seems there's always work to be done around the house, doesn't it? Dusting is my least favorite chore. ; )

~Sheri