Thursday, May 28, 2020

New Blogger problems

Hi Folks ~ Hope you are all doing well. It is hot and humid down here in s.e. FL. I am so thankful for air-conditioning.

We've had LOTS of rain, day after day, although I was able to get out and mow the other morning, and then yesterday morning and this morning I've gotten laundry washed and hung out to dry. I got laundry in yesterday before it rained, hopefully today I'll be able to do the same.

Blogger has sent a msg saying we will have to start using the 'new blogger' by the end of June. So I finally decided to try it and so far it is a real pain.  I can't see where the button is to write up a new post. I happened to have this post in draft form so am able to write here.

Also, I don't know where un-moderated comments are now. So, if anyone has left a comment and it's not showing in blog post, it's because I've not found it to be able to publish it.  Of course, maybe no one has left a comment because I've not put up a new post.  I'll see what happens after I publish this one.

I finished an embroidered heart, nice and calming to work on. Here it is in the beginning.


  Here it is finished.




Some people have been having trouble uploading photos, so I'll see if these are posted or not. I remember not like new set-up the last time they made a change and it took awhile to learn, then it became easy. Maybe they don't have all of the bugs worked out yet.

I've been playing with a 'free' photo editing program that my dear husband installed for me in 2011, GIMP. Have had fun making photos of flowers into looking like oil paintings.


Ok, that's it for now. Wear a mask, wash your hands, pray, be thankful, let others know you love them, find the beauty in each day, try to let go of all stress. Know that God loves you and that He is with us through all of this, working all things out.

For those who have lost loved ones, lost jobs, are having relationship issues, depression, I am sorry and am praying for the whole world at this time, that includes you, even though I don't know you.  I pray that you will sense His loving presence and help.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady





9 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Lovely heart you embellished, Lorraine. I'm not good with tech change and
I am new at blogging, so who knows if I am using the new or the old blogger!
I see the flower pictures just fine on your post. Thank you.

Louca por porcelana said...

Thank you for this encouragement post.Love your pretty embroidery,I hope I could learn how to do it someday.Hugs!

Terra said...

Hi Rainey, I always love your posts. That is a nice photo edit program your hubby set up for you a few years ago. I have never tried any artistic photo edit but I like your results. Your newest embroidered heart is lovely. I have not even thought about the new blog look yet, but I know I must face it soon!

Linda said...

I always read your postings but have never commented
I love love love your heart embroidery!
Just beautiful

Morning's Minion said...

I've noticed the banner suggesting 'new blogger'format, but didn't realize it would become mandatory. Sigh! Learning curves take too much time!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The embroidered heart is so beautiful . I am sure you will figure out the new blogger.

Ann said...

I saw the notice about the new blogger but haven't tried it yet. I don't know why they have to change it.
Your heart is beautiful.

ellen b. said...

Sorry about the new blogger editing problems. I've heard a few people complaining about it. Your photos and post came across very nicely, though. Lovely embroidery. Have a great day!

Henny Penny said...

Lorraine, I'm late seeing this post, but so glad I did. It's so sweet. I especially love your last two paragraphs. Thank you. The embroidered heart is beautiful. You make things so pretty. I haven't heard a thing about changes in Blogger. I'll be totally lost!