Friday, May 29, 2020

Not blogger, but the photographer

Well, after thinking about fuzzy photos and blaming blogger, I think it is the photographer that was the culprit. Forgot to switch from close-up to normal. At least that is what I think happened. I don't have any fresh pics from phone which is what I was using. Below is a pic of pink angelwing begonia flowers using the phone, close up mode and not fuzzy.

Wow, I just stumbled on something else. When you click on the photo, up pops a little window and if you click on the pencil/edit tool up pops another window with size choices. Yippee!

These next two photos were taken with my old Canon PowerShot A650, in macro mode and they are fine. This rose is the Florida Cracker Rose or Louis Philippe. Have had this rose since the early 80's. I need to root some cuttings of this rose.



Next photo is taken with the PowerShot and it is not fuzzy either, taken in normal mode.


I apologize Blogger, for blaming you for fuzzy pics.  I have to say, I think the new format is easy to use once you know how.

Ok folks, it's time for a nap. May you all have a wonderful weekend.

FlowerLady

13 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Amen, Lorraine. Time for a nap here too. ;-) I love your pictures. I am still figuring out the changes to blogger too, so I appreciate the tips. Have a good weekend!

Nancy J said...

Love those close-ups, beautiful roses, and such deep shades. Well done to sort out the focus dilemma.

Joy said...

Hello FlowerLady,
It's my first visit here and I have enjoyed your flower photos. Especially loved the beautiful rose. We have been to Florida on a few vacations. It's where we took our honeymoon eons ago and we always love returning there during our Canadian winters.
Best wishes,
Joy

Melanie said...

Your flower photos are beautiful! Oh, how I wish I could take a nap today. I was up way too early. But I have contractors here right now and they are verrry noisy, even though they're outside. And they've also needed me a couple of times, so they knock on the door. Oh well, I'll just go to bed a little earlier tonight.

lil red hen said...

I have a rose from which I would like to take a cutting. Could you tell us the process by which you root your roses? You have such lovely roses! Two of mine have bloomed beautifully this spring in spite of all the rain we've had.

Cheryl said...

I love your beautiful photos! Your garden/yard is just gorgeous.

Ann said...

Good to know on the photos. You'll have all the tips and tricks figured out before I even try the new blogger. It'll be helpful when I finally get around to it.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Way to go!

ellen b. said...

Well these photos are lovely for sure. Glad you figured things out!

Vee said...

Well then I must be highly suggestible because I made a test post and, using a very clear picture, thought that it was fuzzy and out of focus, I went looking for more information and found a number of articles about the quality or lack thereof of photos on blogger, These pictures are beautifully clear so who knows? I agree with the assessment that the new Blogger is not so bad and is easily learned. ☺️

Lynn and Precious said...

I love the roses. I only have one plant, it is a miniature in orange. It is
in a pot that I over winter in the garage. I would love more , but with a
herd of 20 deer, there are limits of what I can plant that they will not
eat.
I posted the Basement blog with new blogger. I have not tried all the
"buttons" on the writing page, so thank you for more info.
Glad you ventured out again. I don't mind wearing a mask, I actually get
irritated at those who scoff the idea.
Have a wonderful weekend. We got 2 1/2 inches of rain yesterday, and
now the sun is shining and it will be 47 degrees tonight.

L. D. said...

That top flower is unknown to me. Your flowers, roses, are beautiful.

Red Rose Alley said...

I have the Canon Power Shot as well, and I love it. I call it my best friend haha. That last photo of the flowering tree over the window and the statue is so charming. And is that Saint Francis? I love him, and he's one of my beloved Saints. The pink angelwing flowers are lovely.

~Sheri