Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Blessing

Good morning Folks ~ well, this morning I woke up feeling weary and a bit depressed. This isolation from others is starting to get to me. I am missing the camaraderie, the hugs. It's been two weeks today since I ventured forth to the grocery store and I don't plan on going out this week. 

 The past few days, I've been watching different church groups, different nationalities, singing the song 'The Blessing' by  Steven Furtick, Chris Brown, Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes. This morning I saw some new versions of this uplifting song taken from scripture and have been blessed once again. The two versions that got to me today are below. 

The first one is sung in their native tongue, Dutch. God speaks to all of us no matter what our nationality is, and uses us all to share His love and tender mercies.





The next one is by kids. Here is quote from their version on you tube. 


"Recorded in 5 days during 'lockdown' in May 2020, and featuring children from the UK, USA, NZ, AUS, SA  and many other nations , 'The Blessing (Kids)' unites the voices of children to sing these powerful words of scripture over friends, family, cities and our world."


Out of the mouth of babes we are blessed.



 Here is the scripture that this song was inspired by.
 The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
 
the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;

the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.

 Numbers 6:24-26

------

Here are the lyrics to the song.

 The Lord bless you
And keep you
Make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The Lord turn His
Face toward you
And give you peace

Amen

May His favor be upon you
And a thousand generations
And your family
And your children
And their children
And their children

May His presence go before you
And behind you
And beside you
All around you
And within you
He is with you
He is with you

In the morning
In the evening
In your coming
And your going
In your weeping
And rejoicing
He is for you
He is for you

He is for you

-----------------

Here are more versions and I'm sure there are others and more being produced. A blessing for the whole world.


"A gift from the Churches of Hawai‘i, The Hawai‘i Blessing was recorded during the first week of May 2020 by worship leaders from 25 churches across all 6 major islands of Hawai‘i. During this time of sheltering-in-place, isolation and uncertainty about the future, we could all use a blessing and a sense of togetherness. In Hawai‘i, we call that ‘ohana - family. "
------


The Blessing South Africa

"During the April 2020 lockdown people from across South Africa united to sing a blessing over our nation. The heart of this is to bless you - to give you hope and peace! Sing this in your homes, proclaim it over your family, your community, your city, your province - over our nation and our continent Africa! Share this with your friends, make it your own - sing it in your language "
------


"Zimbabwean musicians heeded the call to unite and come together as the world grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic.

Although physically we have been forced apart due to social distancing, we hope this performance serves as a message of peace and blessing upon your lives as we power through these challenging times - together.

Be blessed and inspired."
------


The above is by the writers of this song.
------


The Blessing (Symphonic Version) - Passion City Church
------


The Blessing & Way Maker | Eastside Worship | Live From Anaheim, CA
------

I will end with the video above. Jesus is the way maker and He is always working.

Love, hugs and prayers,
FlowerLady


 

 


 
 





9 comments:

Terra said...

The isolation from others is starting to get to me, I am with you on that. I am beginning to wonder how confident I will be in going out again when the lockdown is lifted. I will listen to a couple of these videos you have gathered and later today listen to some more. Thank you Heavenly Father for sending us the blessing of Jesus! And Lorraine, you are a blessing to me.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have found that during this time, I get much encouragement from Gospel songs. We may each enjoy a different genre, but the words and the message remain the same. Be blessed.

Dewena said...

Oh how I needed this! What a blessing to hear this song that is new to me sung by so many all over the world. I was especially blessed by the Zimbabwe singers. I pray that it blessed you to gather them here for us to hear, Lorraine!

Ann said...

I think there are a lot of people who are feeling isolated and alone right now. I wish they would open things back up and let people get back to living life

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I hope that as the day brightens, so will your spirit. Like your flowers that may be closed during the darkness, and open up as the day brightens. Good music often helps cheer me up when I am feeling low and you have some nice music here to listen to.

Take care. You know you have many readers who send blessings to you, me included.













Cheryl said...

We love this song and often play the version of Kari and Cody at home. Sorry to hear you are fighting depression - I don't think you're alone. So many are struggling. It is surely a difficult time.

Cheryl said...

My heart goes out to all who are enduring these stay-at-home days alone. Of course, God never leaves His children alone . .. but He has also designed us with the desire for human companionship. Keep on connecting (whether it be through blogging, emails, Skype, etc.) until the days come when contact can be more face to face!

I have enjoyed seeing how people are using online platforms to sing together! Two of my grandchildren are in a choir that they love. Thankfully, their director has moved their practices to Zoom and they recently recorded a song together that sounds wonderful!

I am thankful that during this pandemic (unlike any other in history) we have the aid of technology.

Lynn and Precious said...

Please don't be too depressed over this isolation. You are obviously a
strong woman to have gotten through so much grief in life. We all continue
to pray for an end to this virus and get our lives back. It is wonderful
you take the time to find these beautiful videos and songs. I just don't
spend that kind of time trying to, as I really don't like messing with
the internet! As much as I enjoy doing emails, and now sending out blog
messages, the rest is too much like my old job. Went to the dentist this
morn, that was an experience! A lot of waiting in the car and texting back
and forth until I could get in with my "covid 19" checkup paper work, then
having my temperature take.

Red Rose Alley said...

Lovely words, Lorraine, and the children's versions of songs always get to me. They are such precious little people. So sorry you are feeling isolated at this time. Sending thoughts of comfort and love to you. : )

~Sheri