Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Waiting in limbo

 

Good morning Folks ~ Here it is Tuesday morning, and we’ve not had the stormy weather that was predicted from this tropical system. We’ve hardly had any rain. Yesterday was a tad cooler, but I stayed indoors, as I’m sort of ‘in limbo’ ~ “a situation characterised by uncertainty, as when waiting for a decision to be made.”

Tomorrow morning is my interview. I’m somewhat calm. I’ll be glad when it’s over and I then know which way my life will be going for awhile. Either working full time, or I’ll get proper paperwork done for my Etsy shop and keep creating pieces for it.

Here’s the latest heart that I am working on.

08-29-latest-heart

The skies have been different and pretty the past couple of mornings.

This was Sunday morning. I just love this ‘sliver of silver’. When I thought of this for the title of picture yesterday, I thought oh my gosh, an anagram. Smile This was looking east.

08-28-silver-sliver

This was looking in the other direction, south. I love the colors and the tree silhouettes.

08-28-sunrise2

08-28-sunrise

This was taken yesterday morning, looking east, a whole different color scheme.

08-29-sunrise

I was going to mow yesterday morning, but it rained. Thought about doing it today too, but its already lightly rained and is supposed to rain more. So, it will be another indoor day, ‘waiting in limbo’.

Last Saturday morning I went out with my two pole cutters, one with a tree saw, and one with clippers, to cut overhanging limbs that were touching the roof of the house, and then limbs on the workshop. It’s a good thing those limbs weren’t any higher, because I was at the end of my pole length. I always say thanks to God for being able to and getting a project done. Such a relief and an accomplishment for me.

Below are photos of two different types of pink hibiscus.

08-29-pink-dbl-hibiscus

08-29-pink-dbl-hibiscus2

08-29-pink-hib

08-29-pink-hib2

I’m looking forward to knowing one way or the other which way my life will go after tomorrow’s interview. One of my commenters said “a job will add structure to your life”.  That is for sure, something I’ve really lacked since first losing my husband 3 3/4 years ago, and after losing my job 16 months ago. I’ve been more or less lethargic.

I thank you all for your prayers and your words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me, more than words can express.

Enjoy your week, looking for the beauty, joy and goodness in each new day.

FlowerLady

***

Every day is an opportunity

to make a new happy ending.

Author Unknown

***

Life is a great big canvas,

and you should throw all the paint on it you can.

Danny Kaye

***

To live remains an art which everyone must learn,

and which no one can teach.

Havelock Ellis

***

Life was meant to be lived,

and curiosity must be kept alive.

One must never,

for whatever reason,

turn his back on life.

Eleanor Roosevelt

***

Today,

fill your cup of life

with sunshine and laughter.

Dodinsky

***

The world itself is but a series of footnotes

to a vast unfinished masterpiece.

Vladimir Nabokov

***

Even if you make a mistake,

make it part of the dance and move on.

a dance saying

***

You don't want to get to the end of life's journey

and discover you never left the interstate.

Robert Brault

***

Be glad of life because

it gives you the chance to love

and to work and to play

and to look up at the stars.

Henry Van Dyke

15 comments:

Jane said...

I love your sliver of silver Rainey. Well, tomorrow you'll have your interview behind you, although I'm not sure if you will get your answer. In the meantime, I hope you are doing something enjoyable today.

Hugs
Jane

Terra said...

I saw a silver smile in the sky for you in your photo, and I believe God has a good plan in store for you re your job opportunity or Etsy store or something else entirely.

organicgardendreams said...

Dear Lorraine, I am wishing you the best of luck for the interview tomorrow! I think it is great that you have two options how your life will continue (job vs etsy) and that you are not desperately relying on one.
The detailed work on the new heart is really amazing!
Love, love, love the frilly pink hibiscus flower! Have never seen one like that. It is so beautiful!
Warm regards,
Christina

SimplySingleSenior said...

your skyscapes are very beautiful. I wish you good luck in your interview tomorrow. I trust God will guide you through it and you will be relaxed!

Leslie Kimel said...

Good luck with your interview--I know you will do great!

Debbie Harris said...

Waiting in limbo can be hard, may you find peace and contentment in the Lord as you wait, sweet lady.
You ALWAYS amaze me with your desire to accomplish great things in your beautiful yard, even when you may not feel like it.
Your flowers are gorgeous, love the pink and those sky's are awesome.

Sending you love and hugs~~

Cheryl said...

Again I pray for the Lord's guidance in this next step of your life. Looking forward to hearing how He has led...

Janneke said...

Great post Lorraine, I enjoyed your different skies and the wonderfull Hibiscus bloom, but the heart you are working on is a real gem. Today is the day.......I hope you are the lucky one!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I was thinking about you reading about the tropical storm this morning...seems it may head towards Florida after all but I hope that you do not get inundated. Also hope that everything works out the way it is meant to be for you and oh you have such lovely skies and blooms captured here in this post! :)

Sallysmom said...

Praying that God will lead your life in the direction that he wants it to go. Listen to His voice, Rainey.

Jessica Jarrell said...

Well, it's Wednesday morning so you should be at your interview! Good luck, I hope you do great! 😁 I love the quote about life being a canvas, I added that to my quote book that I keep ❤️

Melanie said...

Will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers tomorrow! Glad you are pretty calm about it so far.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such lovely photos of the sky and flowers, my dear. Oh, waiting is so hard, but hopefully by the time you read this, your interview will be over. Then more waiting, maybe......I am a firm believer that if something doesn't work out, it was not meant to be and better things are waiting down the road. Wishing you the best....however it turns out to be! Hugs xo Karen

Ruth Hiebert said...

I trust that by now your interview is all done.I also hope that the outcome will be good for you,whatever direction it takes.I love those varied sky shots.

shadesofidaho said...

Hi Rainey, Tried to email and it did not go through. I lost my Joe on the 19th. Three years 8 months with pancreas cancer his poor body just had had enough. Heartbroken as I am sure you know. We had a great 31 years.

Your Heart with beads is wonderful and Gorgeous. You sure do have a way with your needle.

Read about your job interview and I am glad you made the best decision for you. I am retired and will be scaling back with the loss of income with only one of us here now but I will be ok.

Love to you and email me if you get a chance. going through what you have been for the last couple of years and so proud of your accomplishments. I am also changing the house around for me painting and and and. Love to you.

Chris