Friday, August 19, 2016

Latest happening at Plum Cottage

Hi Folks ~ About 24 hours ago I was contacted by a lady from church wanting to know if I was still looking for a job.  I told her yes and she asked if I could work full-time? I said I could, but it has been 8 years since I’ve done so. She said it is a secretarial position, answering the phone, typing and filing charts for a home health care co.

I emailed her this morning asking the size of the office and what the dress code was. The office is small, so I won’t have to deal with a ‘lot’ of people, and the dress is casual. Yay, I was hoping I wouldn’t have to wear a uniform made out of polyester.

The office is a block from the intra-coastal waterway, and I’m wondering if there is a view. That would be nice.

She gave the one owner my name and number this morning, the other owner is out of town and they will both want to meet me and I should hear from them on Monday.

Needless to say, I am nervous. Last night I could hardly get to sleep for thinking of a gazillion and one things that this job would have an impact on in my life. No more coming and going or doing as I please. That’s one biggy. When will I do any shopping, etc. How will I take care of my gardens? But the other biggy is making an income. I don’t know how much yet and I kept thinking is the $ worth the hours away from home and my life? The plus is the money will definitely be a big help to me at this time. If this job is meant for me, it will happen. I will just go with the flow. I am praying about it and others are too. God will give me the strength I need to do it if I get the position. The ride to and from work is easy, about 10 miles or 20 mintues away.

Today was hot and humid once again, with a big clear, blue sky and a brightly shining sun.  We did finally get several afternoons of rain recently and that was a blessing. I did lose one of my favorite rose bushes though, ‘Kathleen’. I’d had her for around 20 years and our latest dry conditions did her in. But, I had taken a cutting from her several weeks back, wish I’d taken more, but I didn’t. The cutting has new growth coming from the stem.  Yippe doo! I hope it continues to grow well for me. It will take a couple of years or more before she’ll give me blooms, so I’ll just watch her grow. I loved this simple rose and her scent was so delicate and sweet.

05-24-kathleen

Tomorrow I’ll be joining others from my church family as we have another ‘paint party’. The last one was at my house in March, when 20 people showed up to paint the exterior of ‘Plum Cottage’.  Tomorrow we’ll be painting interior spaces for a couple who just bought a home.

So, that’s it from s.e. FL.  Keep me in your prayers that I’ll stay calm. If the job is meant for me, it will be.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

27 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can imagine how full your mind is as you think about this possibility! The field of home health care is exPLODing - and for good reason, I think. After the past years with my mother (and anticipating the future for my father), I have great appreciation for the need for well-run, well-staffed companies like this one. SO necessary! I will be praying for you. Like you said, if the Lord opens this door for you, the details you are contemplating will fall into place... ♥

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I pray that everything will work out perfectly for you.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so happy you took a cutting from your Kathleen rose - she's so delicate and pretty. I'm with you about the "if it's meant to be, it will be" way of thinking - (worrying sure doesn't help, change or prevent anything). I'll be sending some calming thoughts your way this weekend and keep you in my prayers. Blessings, Lynn

Terra said...

I like your church painting projects, a way to make any tiresome project fun. Your attitude toward the job is ideal, what is best will happen.

Val said...

It sounds like it would be worth trying out, at least, for sure. You're not required to stay if it doesn't work or feel right to you, after all. :) How wonderful that someone has paid attention to your need for work and thought of you when this opportunity came up! I love that goodness.

Best wishes! ♥

Darcie said...

I get all the feelings you are experiencing. I never worked full-time until 3 months ago...it is different and does take some adjusting. However, if it is something that is meant to be, and if the door opens for you...you are right...He will give you the strength. I'm thinking of you, and will wait to see what transpires.

Susan said...

You're definitely in my prayers. You're right, if it's meant to be it will. Don't stress and Enjoy your weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

If God opens the door to a new job,He will also supply everything you need to do this.

Nancy J said...

Be quiet for a moment, enjoy those beautiful flowers, and know that whatever happens is meant to be for you right now. A short drive, bonus, no nylon uniform, better bonus,and not a huge office to share with so many others, maybe best of all. What a wonderful thing to happen, and I know that your darling Plum Cottage will do equally as well, should you be away from home for a while.Hugs from NZ.

Jane said...

You'll do fine Rainey. Many, many people have jobs and still manage to get their shopping and gardening done. When so many people are looking for work and can't find any, I'd say it's a blessing to be offered one out of the blue like that.

Hugs
Jane

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Here's hoping it is just right for you / I love the paint party idea that your church participates in!

Morning's Minion said...

Rainey; If the job works out it will indeed be a big change--and perhaps at first very unsettling. I think you are exactly right to pray about it--if this particular 'door' opens for you, you'll be given what you need to walk through.

Sallysmom said...

Just keep praying that God will do the work in your life that he wants. Praying that your needs will be met.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Rainey
Don't be silly by being nervous. It would be rat for you to be out of the house and the income is an answer to your prayers!! You'll find some help with that gardening. Certainly your church has a boy or two that would love to be helpful a few hours a week. Put it in His Hands.
xx, Carol

Connie in Hartwood said...

I love your attitude, of how things will happen if they are meant to. Taking this to heart can really reduce stress and worry in most situations. I hope that this works out and that you are where you are supposed to be.

Kathleen is one of my favorites, too! Delicate flowers in spring and summer, and super gorgeous hips in the fall.

Leslie Kimel said...

It's so scary to start a new job, I know. But you will get comfortable very quickly, I'm sure, and really come to enjoy it!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Rainey, Best wishes for everything to work out for the job if it's what you want and need. I think you would be fabulous in this position. God guide your decision and direction. Prayers and Blessings for a wonderful Sunday. xo

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Wow, Lorraine, that's very exciting news!! Prayers for you - be strong, if it's meant to be, it shall be. xoxo

Junkchiccottage said...

Lorraine this is wonderful news. I am excited for you. It is always nerve racking starting a new job but I know you will do well. God puts these wonderful opportunities in our path and I think he has laid this one out for you.
Good Luck on Monday and I hope your interviews go well with the owners.
Hugs,
Kris

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Rainey, adding your name to the prayer list; God will work it out and praying for His perfect will. It's difficult to know what His will is so I pray you'll have peace, clarity and knowing as you go thru this interview.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Potential big changes coming in your life. I do pray it will all work out in the best way, according to His will for you. That's a compliment to you that your friend thought of you for the job. I will pray about this, and hope you sleep better.
So glad you got a cutting from your rose. Very sweet and pretty. And I remember the painting party for Plum Cottage, What a great way to help each other!
xo Deborah

Cheryl said...

Well that sounds exciting, Lorraine!! I pray that the Lord will continue to guide you and make this part of His plan for you clear...

Homemaker's Heart said...

I am excited for you! A change means growing and the Lord stretching us in ways we don't expect. I pray you are good to yourself during the transition and please don't forget to update with us.

Praying for you!

~Dee

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Lorraine - I hope you get the job, if it is meant to be. Lovely flower pictures as always. God bless you with all your needs and a wonderful week!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You are being positive and I truly believe that everything will work out for the best. The rose is beautiful! Glad it's growing for you.
hugs,
Jann

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

It is exciting a prospect for a job...but also a hard decision to make. It seems like you would prefer a part-time job? and going full time would surely be a adjustment. Only you can decide which option is best and will work for you. Physically can you handle the demand of a full time job and everything else you need to take care of....Prayer you make the best decision for you....

Jessica Jarrell said...

I feel like you are having the same reaction I would have- fear. It's hard to get out of our comfort zones, although sometimes that's the best thing for us. Whatever the outcome, just know that everything will work out ok 😀