Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Oh dear… eating crow?

 

If I do hear from them, I’ll have to deal with it then.” ~ A line from my last post. Well, a few hours after I posted this morning, I laid down for a nap after lunch, and the phone rang. I let the machine answer, then when I heard who it was I got up. I replayed the message and it was ‘the call’ about ‘the job’. I gathered my wits about me, drank some water then called back. We had a very nice chat and I found out what all the job entailed, the pay and bennies, and I have an interview next Wed. morning. WOW!

Lesson learned, don’t speak/post too quickly. I should have known that as soon as I’d hit that publish button something would happen, and it did. In reality, I’ve been somewhat afraid because this job is out of my comfort zone, but maybe this is just what I need at this time in my life. Being out with others, and helping others will help me with grieving and loneliness. I will have an income again, and in my spare time, I can still create my hearts. I can still live my simple life, but I won’t have to stress over income.

So, keep praying and I’ll let you know what happens next week after my interview and I know something for certain. It will be a learning curve for me. I’m getting excited for the opportunity to learn new things and to grow as a person. They are talking with a few others also. Like I said before, if it’s meant to be, it will be.

The verse at the end of my earlier post still applies.

Jeremiah 29:11  Visit my Miscarriage blog @ joyanddragonflies.com #miscarriage #scripture #hope:

That’s it for now, I just had to update.

FlowerLady

17 comments:

Betty said...

I hope you get it and I will be saying prayers for you.

Rebecca said...

Glad I came by this evening! I think I'm about as excited as if it was happening to ME! Praying, my friend.♥

Deb J. in Utah said...

I hope things work out well. Sometimes learning something new helps keep us young, and the extra money would probably really come in handy and help you do some of the things you have been wanting to do. Will keep you in prayer. :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I still sense a peace in your post,so all is well. I know that it's hard stepping out of our comfort zone. I've been pushed out of mine a few times,but always it ended up being a good thing.

Jane said...

That's good news! You're braver than you think, Rainey.

Hugs
Jane

Junkchiccottage said...

Lorraine this is such good news. I wish you all the best on the interview. Like you said if this is meant to be it wil work out for you. It is always hard and scary to try something new but like you said it will be good for your to be with other people and have some extra money. I think God put this in your path for a reason. Good luck.
Hugs,
Kris

Nancy J said...

One or two steps up the ladder when it gets to interview time, I wonder how many they have in mind or are YOU the one, and an interview is plain and simple protocol? Sending heaps of love and hugs from down here.

Janneke said...

I think it will be the perfect job for you, being out with others, have an income and learning something new. I´ll pray for you!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I feel certain you will get the job. I can't think in "ifs" ever. It will be good for you!! Just don't be nervous...relax and let the Lord take over.
xx, Carol

Jessica Jarrell said...

Oh wow! Big steps! I do hope the interview goes well, and the process isn't too stressful. I know how nervous I would be! Good luck FlowerLady, I just know everything will work out! 😀

I hope you are having a great week, I'll keep you in my thoughts for your job interview!

Sheri - Creative Spaces Landscaping said...

Very exciting Ms. Lorraine!!! Sending you lots of good luck, love, peace & healing...keeping you in my prayers! :)

Sallysmom said...

God will be with you and if he deems this is best for you then you will get it and it will be ok. Just trust in him.

Melanie said...

I just read this post and your previous one. What kind of work would you be doing, if you got the job? Are you sure you want to work FT at your age? It is very exhausting working outside the home, especially those long hours. Maybe a PT job would be better suited for you? Well, I'm sure you will know what you want to do once you go for the interview. All you can do is go through the interview, send up lots of prayers, and trust your intuition.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Big life changes happen ---and somehow, with God's help and guidance, things will work out for the best. I'm happy for this possibility for you, Lorraine. Having an income will definitely take some of the worry off of you... AND---with a little extra money in your pocket, you can pay someone to do some of the yard work that you struggle doing now anyhow... I will definitely pray for you and this big decision.

Hugs,
Betsy

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Good news, Lorraine - I scrolled down to see what the job was....it sounds perfect! Sending prayers and positive thoughts! Hugs xo Karen

Celestina Marie said...

Keeping you in my prayers that you get the position and all works out perfectly. Hugs xo

Debbie Harris said...

You have me excited too! The Lord will be worth you in that interview just rest in Him.
Can't wait to hear the out come, sweet lady.

The Lord bless you~