Saturday, December 15, 2012

A new day, may I rejoice and be glad in it

The verses before bed last night are in Psalms.

What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Psa 56:3

Cast thy burden upon the LORD,

and he shall sustain thee: Psa. 55:22

*****************

Yesterday was emotionally draining, I left work early, right around 3, with my boss’s permission to go home when I need to. I went to bed around 7:45 last night, woke up once and reached over to touch DH as I sometimes did during the night, and when I realized he was gone, I broke down sobbing.

My eyes are puffy, I look like heck and am just doing the best I can to get through each moment. I work again today, then will have off for a few days and I can tell you that I look forward to puttering around here in our little peaceful haven. There is much to do to fill my days. The nights are rough, with no conversation, laughter and love being shared. That’s why I am so thankful for all of you and that this blog is here so that I can ‘chat’ away.

I just went out to see what’s going on in the gardens, so here is the latest here in the middle of December.

First photo is from inside though of the sweet flowers I got from dear nephew and his lovely wife yesterday.

12-15-T-D6

12-15-bougainvillea

12-15-bougainvillea2

12-15-spiderwort

12-15-white-thunbergia

My gardens are full of plants and flowers mainly because I told DH a long, long time ago I would rather have growing plants/flowers than a dying bouquet. He is the one who gave me the name FlowerLady for my online name. He said he knew he could always find me out in the gardens. My gardens will be a solace to my heart and soul. Thank you DH and thank you God for your beautiful creation.

That’s it for now.

Have a lovely weekend whatever you do.

FlowerLady Lorraine

19 comments:

jerilanders said...

He was right, your gardens will be a solace for you.. gardens can do that better than most anything else. perhaps that is why God created flowers.

Antique ART Garden said...

Night are very hard, but then so can days be ,like in early morning when your brain faces the realization of your loss . He only gives us strength for 24 hours,so as you are, take it day by day. love & hugs, Gina

Quiltedtime said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful words. Gardens are so healing.

Mrs. E said...

So glad to see such beauty around you. You are not alone. I think your DH surrounds you with loveliness! And you have friends out here thinking of you, too! And thanks for sharing your blooms with us.

Sandy said...

I am thinking of you every day, dear sister, and praying for your strength and peace.
Love~

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Dear FL, You are doing the right thing. Every day will be different. We are always here for you. Sending positive energy from the north. xxoo Nancy

Unknown said...

Lorraine-know this.Though,we might not be friends,in person.I consider you my friend.And my prayers and hugs go out to you every day.
btw-your flowers are beautiful!DH was right.You are a FlowerLady!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Your world is beautiful.
Take care
You are loved by many...

Kit said...

Hi my dear lady! Good to see ya. We are having a good weekend. I will see my girls tonight for our annual dinner and light tour. I keep looking at those lovely hearts you made and I can't wait to hang them up. I will think of you and your love when I do. Have a good weekend! Kit

Annie said...

Keep sharing and loving your garden...I have found that to be my solace during tough times. You are not alone.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Do what ever you need to take care of you. You have many beautiful plants indeed. So touched that you see so much beauty.

Unknown said...

It has turned very cold here but not cold enough for snow where I live, but in other areas. Your garden is so beautiful. I'm not a Florida kind of person, I like the evergreen trees in the northwest, but I would love to be able to have all the flowers you have. That one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time is a good way to get through hard times. Learning to live alone has a lot of challenges, besides missing someone. It helps to have a little routine. You seem to be doing very well and I'm continuing to pray for you which I know really helps. Hugs.

Susan said...

You are right your gardens will be a solace and therapy to you. Evenings are the longest especially at this time of the year. Thinking of you.

Mary Smith said...

Your flowers are gorgeous and your blog always makes me smile. Thank you for sharing with all of us and know that we are sending happy, positive thought and lots of love you way.

Heather said...

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way for a speedy healing!

sweetbay said...

The beauty of a garden truly is healing. I am thinking of you all the time.

Karen said...

Dear Lorraine, I could just feel your sorrow when you reached for DH. i would have done the same thing, it is automatic. You are doing so much better than I would be in your shoes. I'm glad your boss is understanding, but oh, how hard to go back to work. When I've lost loved ones, it seems as if time stopped for me but not for anyone else. Lights were too bright and everyday noises were too loud; I simply hurt all over.

I find myself sorrowing right along with you and also marveling at your strength. I think of you constantly, praying for you and wondering what you're doing at any given moment. Your gardens are beautiful, I'm so happy you have the flowers for their beauty and solace. DH giving you the name FlowerLady was perfect.

Rest assured you have touched so many people's lives with your gentle faith and giving spirit. I'm so glad to have you as my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lorraine, I am so shocked and sorry to learn you've lost your Hubs. Well.... "lost" is not the correct word is it, for you know where he is.

My new blog doesn't show me when blogs on my sidebar have new posts and I haven't figured out how to get your blog to e-mail me when you have a new one. So I come here periodically and read up on what I have missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. {{{{Hugs}}}} XOXOXO

Darcie said...

Wanting you to know we are here for you....so chat away. :-) I can only still imagine how raw this is for you, and continue to remember...you are cared about, thought about, and prayed for.