Sunday, April 12, 2020

Wow, this was such a blessing to read

Happy Easter/Resurrection morning. I just received the following in my email and wanted to share it here with all of you. It is triumphant! 

How the virus stole Easter

The morning started out cloudy looking like rain, but around 9 a.m. EST the sun peeked out from behind the clouds. There is beauty and hope in celebrating this new day, may we find blessings to be thankful for.

The first bloom below is from yesterday. It is from the rose 'Bermuda's Kathleen'.


 same bloom from this morning


Here is a new flower open, from two different angles. I just love the simplicity of this type of rose. The scent is a delicately sweet rose scent.



Next is the rose called 'Carnation'. The petals are wavy on edges like a carnation when the flower is open, hence the name. Or at least that is where I assume the name comes from.


Next is my favorite orchid. A vanda called 'Miss Joachim'. She grows like a weed, with little care from me. I can break pieces of her off that have the roots dangling and place it anywhere. They are all over the property and bloom several times during the year, if not all year long.


 Well, that's it from me here at Plum Cottage.

Here is a gentle reminder.



Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady



11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You have such beautiful, beautiful flowers, Lorraine. I really love them all-from a simple single petaled rose to the elaborate lush roses. Lucky you to have things blooming year round. Tonight and tomorrow we have a snow storm coming. ugh--I am more than ready for Spring. Happy Easter AND Stay safe-love to you- xo Diana

L. D. said...

Your flowers are all so beautiful. Happy Easter.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing the article. Yes, Easter is very different ,but with all that, one thing remains unchanged . Christ has risen and is alive forevermore . Easter blessings to you. The flowers are lovely as well.

Connie said...

What a lovely post:) I came to visit and to thank you for the encouraging comment you left on my blog. It is so hard and I cry everyday. Our home seems so empty, not a home but a house. I know that the quarantine makes it even harder and lonelier, but nothing takes the place of my sweet Steve. In 44 years we never had a night without a good night's kiss unless we were miles apart, which wasn't very often. I am happy that his pain is gone and that he is in the arms of Jesus and I wouldn't pull him back if I could, but oh, it hurts so bad.
Again thank you for your sweet comment and for your prayers.
Connie

Deborah Montgomery said...

Happy Easter! Your flowers are so beautiful. They must be such a delight to you, they are certainly delightful to your blog readers, including me. Hope you are doing well, I'm sorry it's been so long since I've visited. Took a kind of long break from blogging, but glad to be back. xo Deborah

A Joyful Cottage said...

Oh, Lorraine, that song brought tears to my eyes. Such a sweet, sweet song. So full of peace, so serene. I have it saved now to my "beautiful songs" collection. On those nights when I feel worry creeping into my mind I will remember to play that beautiful tune and I will rest in His arms, Thank you!
I enjoyed the poem. Very clever and so true. Also, your flowers, as always, are gorgeous. I hope you had a blessed Easter. Hugs, Nancy

Anne Payne said...

Your roses are beautiful as always. LOVE the orchids!!!! My little mini Cattleya has been blooming now for about four weeks. The poem was perfect for such a time as this. :-)

Ann said...

Beautiful flowers. Hope you had a happy Easter.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful flowers and I trust your Easter was filled with Joy.

pilar said...

Those flowers are something else! The simpler, the prettier-- until you see the next frilly one and declare that one prettiest! All gorgeous. I can see why you love the orchids but can't imagine them growing like weeds! I read the Easter poem and it was very encouraging. Thank you, Lorraine! God bless!

joe said...

Thanks for the blog.