Saturday, April 11, 2020

Have a blessed Resurrection Day

Hello Folks ~ May tomorrow, Easter or Resurrection Sunday, be a lovely day even though we are all in isolation. This holiday has been my favorite for a long time. I love Christmas, but not like I do Easter. The one celebrates the birth of Jesus, King Messiah, the other celebrates His resurrection. He was crucified because he dared to say who he was, the promised Messiah. Death could NOT hold Him in the grave. He is the Creator of all life, He is Life. It is because of His life, death and resurrection that we can have life forever and ever with Him. 

This virus is not the end, it is an experience we can grow through. It is a time to call out to Him, to trust Him in all things.

Last night the word cocooned came to mind as to how Jesus' love is toward us. I looked it up to see what the definition would be and this is what I found, which was just how I felt.

"enveloped or surrounded in a protective or comforting way". Trusting in Him is an every day opportunity, to believe that He is in control, and all things 'will' work out for our good  for those who love Him, and for His honor and glory.

We can't be together, but we can still celebrate. There will be many, many services to view online tomorrow. May our hearts be blessed, our minds calmed and may we draw closer to Jesus.

******** 

Below are some songs found on you tube. May you be blessed as you listen.


'Risen'

 


Up From The Grave He Arose

 



Love, hugs and prayers for all,

FlowerLady

 


 


13 comments:

ellen b. said...

Love and hugs to you, too. A very blessed Easter to you.
Christ is Risen, He is risen indeed!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wishing you a wonderful and meaningful Easter celebration .

Louca por porcelana said...

Happy Easter!Blessings!

Terra said...

He has conquered the grave for us, what a gift He offers. Have a blessed Easter Lorraine.

lil red hen said...

May God bless you...

pilar said...

Thank you Lorraine! I like how the word cocoon applies! We are very blessed. Although we are keeping ourselves physically separate from one another, I'm sure it's no coincidence this is taking place during an age of internet when we can continue to connect. I'm grateful to have found your blog along the way and have the opportunity to bring my mind to God and a higher way of being, as I walk and trip and fall through life.
I wish you many blessings!
<3

Vee said...

Now that is a wonderful sermon right there. Thank you for the wise words and comforting thoughts. I am feeling as if I am ready to burst my cocoon. ☺ God is good every single day and, even though I am without human company these days, I am grateful for the network of online friends and for the phone and the internet so I can stay in touch in other ways. The Lord is, of course, as "close as the mention of His name." Have a blessed Easter all because of what He did for us on that cruel cross. Hope that it contains some happy surprises.

Anne Payne said...

Blessed Resurrection Day to you, my friend!!! Lovely post filled with TRUTH and beautiful praise to our loving and magnificent Savior, Christ Jesus!!

Lynn and Precious said...

Have a blessed Easter Sunday. Thank you for the words of
encouragement and the beautiful videos. Continue to take care
of yourself and have hope for the future.

Cynthia said...

Such a beautiful post. Thank you, and Happy Easter to you!

Dewena said...

Thank you for your beautiful Easter message to us, Lorraine. I've always loved the word cocoon and the way it relates to the comfort of home and it's even better used as an example of Christ's love for us, a love that we can't even begin to fathom. May you feel perfectly cocooned their in Plum Cottage today and every day,
Dewena

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, I have two favorite Easter hymns: "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" AND "Hail Thee Festival Day" ... But there are many others!!!! My mother's favorite hymn was "In the Garden" --so when I heard it today, I cried... I miss her!

Happy Easter....With Jesus, there's HOPE ---and hope is what we all need, not just during the hard times but during the good times also!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Ann said...

Wishing you a very happy Easter