Thursday, March 26, 2020

Reasons to be thankful


 Hello Folks ~ I pray that you are staying well, that you are finding things to do, enjoying the good and the beauty in each day. 

Let's see, I am thankful for a surprise food/goodie bag from a dear friend this past Sat. Hard not to hug each other, but we refrained from doing so.

It's been two weeks since I've been 'out'. I need to start up my van and let it run for a few minutes. When this health situation is all over, I've a story to tell you. Right now, I've just the beginning of the story, ending hasn't happened yet. It is something I am thankful for, not something I was looking for.

 I am thankful for prayer. Something I can do for the whole world at this time, thankful for prayers for myself from others.

I am thankful I have been blessed with this little home. Thankful for gardens to work in, in the company of birds, butterflies and bees, and for the wonderful scents that fill the air. I'm thankful for my 4 feline girls.

I just changed the sofa cover from fall/winter, to spring/summer. Not showing the rest of the room in the photo below, this 'mess' is enough.



 The above made me feel cozy, below makes me feel happy.

 
 Miss Tork has been displaced from her bedroom wicker chair where she sometimes naps, because of clean laundry piled in it. I woke up from a nap the other day, and there she was up on top, that made me laugh righ out loud. She's such a good girl and a comfort to me.


 I've started working in my main front garden, didn't feel like working outside today, need to do things indoors like fold and put away 3 loads of laundry. (I'm a procrastinator.)

Front path before


After - not quite finished with this path, as I've only done up to the garden gate. That black bag is full of weeds, trimmings, etc. Sidewalk and road are to the left out through the gate. Maybe 6' to the sidewalk and another 10' to the 5 lane road. The traffic has certainly been a LOT LIGHTER now that we are to stay home, no school or much work traffic, and no going out to eat or out on the town.

 
Now here is the main path into this garden. Still needs work but I did make forward progress. Before and after. I need to pull the 'faux' grass path to the right, to make it more centered. It has shifted.





Now for some floral eye candy. I am so thankful to have these 'beauty blessings' in my life, especially now. I won't name them, too many. May they bring some joy into your lives, and hope for a brighter future.





























I've read up on building up immunity and ordered a few things. Vit C ascorbate (best), elderberry syrup, echinacea/goldenseal, VitD3 with K2, Manuka honey, nutritional yeast, Cal-Mag Citrate Effervescent Powder Supplement with Vitamin C for Stress Relief, I think that's it. I have some herbal teas, I have Moringa powder that I need to put in capsules, more procrastination. :-)

I've been watching a lot of uplifting, inspiring, encouraging you tube videos. Plus gardening videos, the British bake off series, and nature documentaries. I read my Bible and devotionals and  of course pray.

I want to share 3 verses with you, in  hopes that they will encourage, comfort and give you hope.

************
 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10 KJV

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 NIV

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” Deut. 31:6 NKJV

*****************

Love, hugs & prayers,
FlowerLady

 




24 comments:

Nancy J said...

Your top photos could be paintings, beautiful.Miss Tork, what a comfort our cats are right now. Stay home, let friends do the necessary shopping, we have friends doing all of ours, and the only trip out will be to our doctor on 9th April.Even that will be different, the surgery door will be shut? locked probably, and when we arrive someone will ask what we are there for, then we will wait in the car. Life is so different, and we all have a huge part to play for many weeks. XXXXX

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful pictures!Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the spring/summer cover on your sofa. You know I always enjoy your many flowers. I perhaps enjoy them even more right now, as we still have some patches of snow left, so no flowers. I am keeping comfortably busy with a variety of things.

Ann said...

I love coming here and seeing all the beautiful flowers you share with us. Your couch looks good in it's spring/summer attire.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful flowers and verses, dear friend. Your new summer sofa cover is lovely and I do like the sweet pillows, too. Your kitty-cats are so funny, always looking for that comfy place. My kitties are all gone now - I've had kitties all my life, but since my 18 year old Maggie died, I haven't found another. Right now I have a kitty-hating dog (my little Kai), so it wouldn't be a happy house-hold :) I'm glad to hear you are staying close to home and safe, although I know how hard it is to be so isolated. So glad you have your gardens and kitties to keep peace in your heart. Stay safe - sending hugs and blessings to you xx Karen

ellen b. said...

So much beauty to enjoy and be encouraged by here today, Lorraine. Your garden really seems to be a good place for peace and quiet. I'm glad you have furry friends that make you laugh and give you company.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It is so relaxing and enjoyable to see how pretty and cozy the inside of your home is, and then to take a tour of your lovely yard and garden is a treat.

We only have daffodils blooming so far here in my yard, and only two days of sun in I don't remember how long. Seeing your flowers and pretty yard is like a breath of fresh air to me. Thank you for showing us.

Kit said...

Hi my friend! Good to see you are doing well. Us too! Filling our time and getting thru. Love all your flowers. Take care. Love, KK

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello my friend! Pictures of your home always look so cozy and comfy. I also love your flowers. Have a good Friday and I will see you again soon.

Cheryl said...

It is so good to find reasons to be thankful! Your lovely flowers and your sweet kitties are certainly good reasons! And I will look forward to hearing the story that has begun that you will tell at some point. God is so faithful to us!

BeachGypsy said...

Always glad to see a post from you and love to see the pictures....inside the house, outside the house...gardens...any of it! LOL What IS IT ABOUT a clean stack or pile of laundry that attracts kitties so? ha ha LOL--they all do it. Love the garden pictures and I look at alot of gardening blogs, pictures of flowers etc and I 100% think you have THE MOST VARIETY of pretty flowers, love seeing them, and you make pretty pictures of them. Thanks for sharing with us and take care of yourself, stay healthy!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your Spring/Summer couch throw IS cheerful! Your flowers are lovely. Don't you work too hard pulling those weeds! One will always be more happy when they find things to be grateful for.

xx, Carol

pilar said...

Good day Lorraine! The Bible verses are just what I needed, thank you. It's been the theme this week for me, reminding myself and others that God never leaves our side. Praying for courage and wisdom, to face what I have to face--whatever, and whenever, that may be. I think, I can almost name all the flowers! They are lovely and it sure is a blessing to have them in your life. The paths look very neat and the faux grass fooled me! P.S I thought you only had Miss Tork with you, I didn't know there were four kitties, in total. How did I miss that? May God bless you and your home! Thanks again for the post : )

Vee said...

Other than bushwhacking, you and I are involved in similar pursuits. 🙂 Your kitty’s tenacity is sweet. Smart kitty. She can find a way. Thank you for all the beauty shared!

Sandra said...

I've always loved your flower photos, they are just beautiful. Glad you are doing well through this difficult moment. I also am praying, reading, doing devotionals, baking and just working on keeping things calm and relaxed here at home.

Have a wonderful weekend friend :)

Terry said...

Hi Lorraine!

I am thankful for you! Your post brightened my day! Thank you! It warmed my heart to see the pillow I made in the photo. ♥ I am also doing what I can to keep busy and keep my mind occupied. I am grateful that we have warm sunny weather here in NJ today. I also have a bucket of vitamins that I take everyday. Thank you for your list. I will add some of those to my bucket. I literally have a small bucket. :) Thank you again for your uplifting posts.

Blessings,
Terry

Lynn and Precious said...

Being "stuck" at home with such lovely flowers certainly helps make it
look better. Glad you received a surprise gift, it was a lovely thought
just meant for you. Miss Tork looks comfy on her pile of warm blankets.
And it sounds like the other kitties are fine and helping you outside.
precautions,like supplements are a good idea for all of us.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I'm sure your gardens bring you much peace right now, Lorraine, while you are isolated in your sweet Plum Cottage. I know I am finding lots to do around home while I am ordered to work from home....I'm certainly not hating that!

Stay well, my friend - xo

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm glad that I can visit your luscious garden as much as ever, and hang out in your cozy house! Thank God that in these days we have our internet connections; they are a great gift.

XOXO

Anni said...

I really, really like the idea of couch covers to match seasons. Wondering now if I could find some for our home. Such beautiful flowers & lovely yard art. Those tomatoes look lucious. (My favorite garden pkant that isnxt a flower. :-) )

20 North Ora said...

Your flower photos are just gorgeous! All we can do right now is to think positive and of course PRAY! I am so sorry that so many are going thru this rough time and am so blessed that I have a home and family near to help if I need it. My back yard was so overgrown and fortunately, my grandson came over the week before all of this started and cleared out my fences and gardens. So thankful for him and my son in law who helped haul it all off.

Stay well and enjoy your beautiful flowers.

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...thanks for your visit to Hootin Anni's today. Have a blessed week.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such inspirational lovely verses, thank you. Your flowers are always so lovely! You must have the best green thumb! Also love your cozy look to your house! So inviting!

Homemaker's Heart said...

Oh, how exciting. I just knew if I wondered over here you would lift my spirits with your amazing blooms. Most of all the couch change. I never would have guessed a change could inspire such happiness. Is the lighter colored cover a quilt too? The bears made me smile in the first picture, but the second really shows them off.

Thank you for the inspirational verses.

Peace be with you,
Dee