Monday, March 16, 2020

Joy in the midst of life's trials

Good morning Friends ~ Here we are in some trying times, may we be able to do what is necessary to build up our immune systems and be safe from this virus. May we call out to and trust in God to bring us closer to Him and to keep us safe. The world needs Jesus, may we be a light of God's Eternal Light, Jesus. 

The media is filled with so much negative that if we continue to plug into it we will become overwhelmed by fear and our lives will be unhealthy and dismal. I've not been out to the grocery store yet, will probably have to go out by the end of the week. For now, I want to be at peace here at Plum Cottage, and pray that the Peace which is Jesus in me, will shine out of me when I do have to venture forth. A sweet lady on a garden/homesteading vlog mentioned in her latest devotional piece that when she went out to the store she could 'feel the fear'. It was all around and heavy and she just wanted to get home. 

Many, many years ago hubby and I read the Dune trilogy books and one of the lines in the first book that I'll never forget is this: 'Fear is the mind killer, it will pass, but I shall remain." 

In the Bible we read in Joshua 1:9, 
 "Have not I commanded thee?
Be strong and of a good courage;
be not afraid,
neither be thou dismayed:
for the Lord thy God
is with thee whithersoever thou goest."
(KJV)

 This is My command: 
be strong and courageous.
Never be afraid or discouraged 
because I am your God, the Eternal One, 
and I will remain with you wherever you go.
(Voice)

This is what I want to dwell on, God being with me always and to not be afraid whatever may come. When it's my time to pass from this life to the next, I will still be with God/Jesus, but no longer having to live in fear, or having sickness, or poverty, or whatever else is in my life. Life will be infinitely better than I can ever imagine, and being with Jesus will be joy unspeakable.

In my devotional 'I Hear His Whisper - Encounter God's Heart for You', today's reading was this and I want to share it here.

 March 16

My loving guidance will be your joy.

Many come to me day after day and ask for guidance. It brings me great joy to see you, my sons and daughters, longing to be moved by the impulses of my Spirit and not your own understanding. I will lead you in the ways of my holy ones. I will guide you with my joyous eyes resting upon you. Look into my face, and the brightness of my love will make your path clear. I am aware of all that you need and all that I have promised. I will meet every need.

My loving guidance will be your joy. I take your burdens and remove them. I take your fears and dissolve them. I take your anxiety and erase it forever. What seems hard, I will make easy. When it look like everything has blocked your way, I will make a way. Not one thing can penetrate my wrap-around presence as I go with you. Walk in paths of peace and experience my joy as you face the future, for the King of peace walks with you.


 Trust in the Lord completely,
and do not rely on your own opinions.
With all your heart rely on Him to guide you,
and He will lead you in every decision you make.
Become intimate with Him in whatever you do,
and He will lead you wherever you go.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (TPT)





******
 
This morning I plan to get some laundry washed and hung out to dry and to work in the 'secret garden'. I have been enjoying scents from the basket plant flowers and from gardenias and roses. Gifts from my Heavenly Father. The guys were here Sat. and we made forward progress on the back fencing area, they went out for materials and we will be, God willing, finishing that project this coming Sat.
 
For those who already have a relationship with Jesus, keep focused on Him through this trying time. For those who don't have a relationship with Him, and want to, just call out to Him. He hears and He is Mighty to save.
 
We have a choice, to be filled with fear, or to choose joy and trusting in The One  who is in control. The evil one will NOT win. He has already lost, he just doesn't know it yet.
 
Love, hugs and prayers for the whole world ~ FlowerLady 
 
 






19 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lorraine - your post is beautiful. God's will is always for the best and out of what we consider the darkest times His love appears. I am being reminded that faith is more than words...it is actively fighting fear by being a blessing to others...you dear one just did this with your lovely words and photos. Hugs!

Lynn and Precious said...

Lorraine, your beautiful flower looks like a symbol for peace.
Thank you for reminding us of Jesus and that God looks out for
each and every one of us at all times. Good and bad.
Good to hear the fence project is coming along for you. And just
go to the grocery and stock up on what you need and simply come
home and wash wash wash your hands! That is what I do anyway.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Flower Lady! Great post. So true. We have real joy. I think it's true that there is fear in the air at the grocery store. I feel bad for those who are incapacitated by their fear. I hope they search in the pages of God's Word and I hope they pray.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thank you for your uplifting post. It is easy to allow the media to fill our hearts with fear.

lil red hen said...

Your posts are so inspiring! Thank you!!

Ann said...

This is a very encouraging and uplifting post. I wish more people would follow this line of thinking. The way the media is playing this up far too many people are in a panic. The way I see it is that if it was meant to be it was meant to be and I can't change that.

Melanie said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Lorraine! God bless.

Louca por porcelana said...

Amen!So beautiful!Thank you for this wonderful post!

Pam's English Garden said...

I needed this, Lorraine. Thank you. P.x

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely post. Thank you. God's got this. Our faith and love will get us through this together. Hugs from UT.

ellen b. said...

Lovely encouraging post. Our God is in control and He will see us through the good times and the hard times. I will trust and not be afraid with God's help.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Beautiful words and reading Lorraine. Your post touched me deeply. May you stay far from home. The flower photo is stunning.

pilar said...

What your first commenter wrote is very good: Faith means more than words, it means fighting fear by being a blessing to others. I need to write this in big, somewhere, to constantly remind myself because the mistake I make is to forget the second part...I keep telling myself, "Have faith! Have faith! Have faith!" but do I extend love to others? Yet, I am quite thankful, by the many people I come across who are steady and clear-sighted-- so thank you for this post and your encouragement. I hope you encounter many hearts when you do finally set out for those groceries, again. God bless you!!!

Junkchiccottage said...

Great post Lorraine. Faith I feel will always see us through. The flower picture is so pretty. Always swoon over your flowers in your garden. Stay safe my friend.
xoxo
Kris

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a special post today, Lorraine. And your words are comforting during this worrisome time. Yes, I'm keeping my faith strong, and the Proverbs verse is a gentle reminder. Thank you for sharing that. You have not been to the store yet? - oh my, try to go early. I can understand about the sweet lady in your story wanting to get home, as home is my favorite place to be. : )

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ps.....you are going to be Ok, dear one. Your faith is strong and you trust in the Lord. That is everything. : )

Anne Payne said...

I was awake in the middle of the night on Monday and reading my Bible in Psalms. Such encouraging words over and over. I'm thankful for our dear Lord's protection and comfort during these perilous times.

L. D. said...

Great post today. Beautiful white flower.

M.K. said...

Dear friend - your post is so encouraging and comforting! Here are the words of a praise song that has been in my mind for many days. It's from the book of Lamentations:
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning, new every morning,
Great is thy faithfulness, O Lord.
Great is thy faithfulness!"