Wednesday, March 18, 2020

One day at a time

Good morning Friends ~ Praying that you all are staying well and calm. To help alleviate our fears, let's not let the media sway our thoughts into panic mode. Let's take one day a time, each day is enough for us to handle. Let's look for the good and beautiful, let us count our blessings. 

Last night before sleep the following verse found in Psalms 4:8 came to mind and kept going through my mind when I would wake up during the night. Such a calming effect it had on me.


I will both 
lay me down in peace, and sleep:
for thou, Lord, 
only makest me dwell in safety.

This morning when I looked up the verse I saw this one in Psalms 3:5

I laid me down and slept;
I awaked;
for the Lord sustained me.

Today is a new day, I am thankful for it. May I let God's peace fill me and may I see beauty and joy in today.

I have been working in the secret garden. Slowly it is becoming more presentable and calming, moving away from being overgrown and causing stress.

Through the gate is the 'secret garden'. The beautiful blossoms are bougainvillea. 


Well, it's now afternoon and I'm eating a tuna sandwich. I've worked another 2 hours in the 'secret garden', will take pictures later when the lighting is right. Right now it is way too bright.  I am pooped, ready for my daily nap.

I am naturally a 'home body', but this not being able to go out and get groceries, etc. when you feel like it puts a crimp in our freedom. Things could be a whole lot worse though. I did have someone contact me the other evening and asked me to make a list of things I needed and they would order them for me and have them delivered. Oh my goodness, that was so kind. I didn't need much and my delivery will be here Fri, the earliest it could be delivered.  

Friday is my 71st bday. My bday is usually the 1st day of spring, but not in leap year. It will be a 'quiet' birthday by myself. Not sure what I'll fix for supper that night.

Last night I heated up a can of corned beef hash, and steamed with hash, cut in half brussel sprouts, for St. Patty's day meal. Served with a glass of merlot. 


I do have some canned goods, dried beans, rice, a bit of meat in the freezer. When I do go out to get groceries again,  I pray that things will have settled down a bit.

A few flowers for you. I'm turning the secret garden into a rose garden. ;-) 






Ok, that's it for now. 

Be calm, be well, be thankful.

Love, hugs & prayers from ~ FlowerLady



15 comments:

Nancy J said...

Love your words today, and as this Covid 19 progresses, more and more we will contact friends through blogs, Facebook if they use it, and find that online messages, emails, and phone calls will be the norm. Flowers in your garden, truly lovely. So far our small town is safe, we do groceries when the supermarket is at the emptiest, Tuesday is so crowded as those of us in this age group with a " Gold Card" ( for those on Government superannuation ) get 5% discount.But the supermarket is crammed full, so this week, we gave up the discount and shopped on Monday, aisles were easily walked through, shelves mainly full, and easy to be a metre from anyone else. But this means one daughter cannot fly up, 1 flight with one stop at either of very busy international airports, and a risk of who might also be on the plane. The older daughter, further north, might have her daughter home from University as they are thinking of doing all classes online. Stay safe, and enjoy what your garden offers, and friends who shop and deliver, we have them here too and are so thankful.XXXX from NZ.

Sandra said...

Hello sweet lady Lorraine, it's been a while since I've stopped by. I apologize for that :)
I'm glad to see you doing well, and still maintaining that gorgeous garden of yours.

I am hoping to start a secret garden in my back yard this year, just have no idea where to even start hahaha

Hope you are staying well and just like you, I am remaining calm through this storm and trusting in the Lord to get us through.

Blessings and love to you,
Sandra

Ruth Hiebert said...

Praying that this will all be behind us sooner rather than later. Stay well.

firefly819 said...

Have a lovely birthday in your secret garden. I just want to tell you how much I appreciate your posts. You are the guardian angel of your flower garden and my guardian angel for providing me with the joy of looking at your flower photos. Michigan is dreary and gray and very sad now.. Your photos are so uplifting and beautiful.

Louca por porcelana said...

God bless you in your Birthday and in all days of your life!Thanks for sharing this beautiful post.Hugs!

Thelma said...

Happy Birthday Lorraine. I love your secret garden. Your photos made my day.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Stay well and God bless.

ellen b. said...

What a kind gesture to offer you a grocery delivery. A very encouraging post. May God continue to comfort you with His Word!

crafty cat corner said...

Happy Birthday Lorraine for when it arrives, have a lovely day. As for the virus , every thing passes and we will look back and talk about it. I tend to not get in state even though with Tom's lungs he is very vunerable, all is going as it should and we can only take each day as it comes .
Big hug from me in uk
Briony
X

Ann said...

Well said on the virus issue.
We can celebrate our birthdays together, mine is Saturday. I took a long weekend thinking I would go do something fun and now everything is closed.
Your St. Patty's day dinner looks good. I love corned beef hash

pilar said...

Oh Lorraine! Happy Birthday for you! I will be thinking of you tending your secret rose garden-- what a marvelous project idea!! Also, what a timely mention as I've just finished a re-read of The Secret Garden and have been filled with thoughts of roses. The very words "secret garden" are evocative... You gardening folk have got the answer to all of life's problems-- I thought I knew that, already, but this situation is really driving it home. I'm at least 20 hours north of you, in Ottawa Canada, and it is miserable-looking out the window. Grey and cold, nothing growing as yet..BUT I found a heart, shaped out of winter-salt debris on the sidewalk under my bedroom window, yesterday! Just when I was feeling my worst, the window drew me to it and there was the heart! Take all the credit, Lorraine-- if not for you, I wouldn't be on the lookout for the hearts waiting to be found all around us. Which reminds me, last Wednesday(though it feels like an eternity ago) I saw a heart-shaped rock sticking out of the melting snow in someone's front garden, on a street I frequently drive by and had never noticed it. I take courage from it, now, as it was also the same morning the first case was confirmed in our city. We must not lose hope! Thank you for your beautiful blog and sharing your garden with us.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Good Morning, I still believe that things happen for reasons... Hopefully, we will look back on these hard times and learn from them.. We all need to appreciate what we have even more than ever now.... All of us NEED each other... Our community is doing a great job helping our neighbors and those who cannot get out...

Love your attitude --and I love your spring flowers... Seeing a pretty flower blooming just makes me smile!!!! And we all need that, don't we?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow...
Hugs,
Betsy

Anne Payne said...

Happy Birthday, Rainey!!! My husband said today finally everyone agrees with his social distancing LOL The groceries can be challenging here as most shelves are empty and when they do restock, it's all gone so fast. Stay safe and don't work too hard in the heat! Your roses are beautiful, as always. {{hugs}}

L. D. said...

The flowers are so beautiful. You need to stay away from all people and just enjoy your secret garden.

Kim said...

You certainly were born on the right day of the year for your personality, Lorraine! Happy Birthday! Please let others get things for you. I've heard that the virus is weakened by heat and humidity. I hope and pray your state's very warm weather pays off for you. Much love.

M.K. said...

A secret rose garden! That sounds amazing, and you are just the person to do it! I'm so glad someone is ordering your shopping for you. This will pass, but for now, that is a wise move.