Thursday, March 12, 2020

Forward progress


 Good Thursday morning to all ~ It is just starting to get light out. I'm sipping on my second/final cup of coffee for the day. This morning, God willing, my plan is to get out to the back fencing area to trim more, cut up, rake up and bag up debris to be picked up on Sat. I worked outside almost 2 hours on this area yesterday morning. The weather was 'perfect'. 

I want to thank you for kind and encouraging comments. They really do uplift my spirits when I feel down or overwhelmed. Your words about contentment, focusing on and trusting God does wonders and builds my faith.

So, here are pics from yesterday morning. I realized after being able to get up close to the fencing that it is in good shape, just weathered in coloring, and in need of posts, so I do believe I won't be replacing the fencing, which will save me $$. A few slats need to be reattached to the 2x4's, but the guys can take care of that.

This is before.



 After



 A wild passion flower vine growing up and over the yellow flowering thryallis in the next photo.

 



 Ok, that's it for now. Thanks again for all of your support. Words can't express what all your encouragement and prayers do for this 'FlowerLady'.


May today be a good day for all. May you be well, calm, and thankful.


FlowerLady

9 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

You are doing great getting so much done in your yard.

I always enjoy your photographs so much, but I thought I would just let you know that your first and last photographs appear on my computer, but the other pics you posted show a framed blank space with a tiny little photograph icon up in the top corner. This past week I have seen that on at least one other blog that I follow. I clicked on the little photograph icon and still couldn't see your photographs. I don't know what is causing this. On the other blog I follow that had the same thing happen, other people commented that they could not see the photographs either. So I don't think it is something with my computer or me.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am only seeing a couple of pictures, but I hear your enthusiasm in the words. May God give you daily strength.

Ann said...

What a relief that you don't have to replace the fence. You're making great progress.

Cheryl said...

I'm sure it was a help to know that you will not need to replace the entire fence! I admire the way you pace yourself and accomplish so much little by little. (I could learn from you!)

Lynn and Precious said...

Blessings come in every kind. Yours right now is not having
to buy fencing! And the men coming will be glad to only have
some repair work to do. I bet they have others they help and
can move on to them. Your 1st and last photo showed just fine
and I do love seeing the flowers. In northern Ohio, we have
a few crocus blooming and now the wild flower Colt's Foot.
It is bright yellow and to some look like dandelion but it has
NO leaves until June. Just the flowers.

L. D. said...

That was a lot of work. Clearing things takes more muscles than we are use to using on a daily basis. I tend to break those kind of jobs into work sessions. Your passion flowers are wonderful.

Kit said...

Hello dear lady! I am seeing your photos just fine today. I hope you're doing okay with all that is going on in the world. You take care and do not get sick. 💕 KK

Rebecca said...

You really give me the "bug" to do something outside! It's still been too cool and or wet. Your photos did show up for me, by the way.

M.K. said...

Your fence is looking great! I don't think it looks bad at all. Plants grow up there when you blink, I know :) It's hard to stay ahead of it!