Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kiwi-Ginger Sauce




This is the recipe I found yesterday for using Kiwi fruit. We had never had Kiwi before and let me tell you this recipe is absolutely exotically wonderful.

We had Mahi Mahi in the freezer so that is what I defrosted for supper to serve this sauce over. While we were enjoying our exotic dinner, I told DH it would be great on chicken, and he said and pork. We both loved this. DH said it would be a great recipe to open a restaurant with.

Enjoy.


The recipe came from CAL Harvest Marketing.

***********

Kiwifruit Ginger Sauce

1/2 cup each vertically sliced onion, julienne carrot and green pepper

1 tablespoon each julienne fresh ginger root and vegetable oil

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup each packed brown sugar and vinegar

3 kiwifruit, pared and sliced


Saute onion, carrot, green pepper and ginger in oil.
Mix cornstarch and water;
add brown sugar and vinegar.
Pour over vegetable mixture and cook until thickened.
Quickly stir in kiwifruit.
Pour over prepared fish, chicken, or pork just before serving.

Makes 2 1/2 cups sauce.









Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL


5 comments:

Skeeter said...

Sounds and looks yummy as do the Strawberry Bread! A little early for lunch but you have made me hungry :-)

Joanne said...

Sounds lovely.

sweetbay said...

This recipe and the one for the strawberry bread both sound wonderful. I will have to try both of them.

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Mmmmmmm! That looks wonderful. I bet the Kiwi gives it a nice tart/sweet taste.

gld said...

This sounds very interesting; not sure about the ginger...it is not a favorite flavor but I sure intend to try when kiwis show up here in our markets. I am thinking stir fried chicken with it - over brown rice. A very healthy dish.