Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thank you Cameron


What a wonderful surprise I woke up to this morning. I woke up around 5 and couldn't go back to sleep for thinking about things I wanted to do in my gardens, so I got up. In my email box was a note from Cameron of Defining Your Garden, Home & Travel blog. She had had a scavenger hunt where we were to find answers to 12 questions in her blog and the winner would receive this book, The Perennial Care Manual

The scavenger hunt was fun, challenging and brought back memories from seeing her photos of Paris. I look forward to reading, learning, enjoying pictures and being inspired by this book, to keep on working in my little gardens.

Cameron and I first met, via the internet, in the forum Cottage Gardens.

I have been inspired over the years by the beauty and colors in Cameron's gardens. The blues and purples draw me like a magnet. Visit her blog and see pictures of her lovely gardens by clicking on her picture below. Her posts are filled with wonderful information and stories as well as pictures.







Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL


2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

What fun! I found all the answers and then decided that somebody else deserved that book more than I. I'm glad it was you. I learned a thing or two going back over Cameron's blog, too.

If you see any little packages of hyacinths at the stores, get a handful to force, just like paperwhites except they need about 8 weeks of chill. A little container with a hyacinth will just thrill you as it blooms.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Nell ~ I was so surprised that I won. I look forward to many hours of reading, learning and viewing pleasure from it.

With the way the economy has been, I've not bought anything for the garden other than potting soil for seed starting and Miracle-Gro. I've never tried forcing bulbs but have seen and read about that in mags and online. You do see them at the grocery store in the spring time.

The sky is black and it is windy out right now as a storm front comes our way. I got out and did some weeding this morning and it wasn't bad out at all.

FlowerLady