Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Christmas at Plum Cottage

Good morning Folks ~ here we are a little over a week before Christmas day. Time is zipping right along. Today I hope to get started on some Christmas baking.

Yesterday I edited photos for this post while listening to a wonderful you tube long playing piece of Christmas music. It did my heart good. I will share the link at the end of this post.

No words this time, just pictures from around this little cottage. The theme was 'more' romantic this year and the Nativity placed in a safe place in the bookcase, as Miss T has been using the mantel as a jumping board to get to top of bookcase. No new ornaments, most of these are 'old' and 'special'. The only new addition were the red ribbon rose buds, which I had a little bag of in my crafting stash.




























 
 


 
 

 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (John 1 KJV)

 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: 

and the government shall be upon his shoulder: 

and his name shall be called 

Wonderful, 

Counsellor, 

The mighty God, 

The everlasting Father, 

The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

 

***

Jesus is Immanuel, God with us. He is the Light of the world. Through him we have life, now and forever more when we believe he is who he said he is. He is the great I AM. May we be still and listen for his voice. He loves us.

***

Love, hugs and prayers,

FlowerLady


 



16 comments:

Melanie said...

Your decor all looks lovely. I love your little tree.

Blessings,
Melanie

Kit said...

Everything is so lovely!! Glad to see Plum Cottage all decked out for the holiday. Merry Christmas. Love, KK

Nancy J said...

One heart, two hearts, your dearest Mark is always with you, and your girl up high, no wonder you put out the decorations safely, the mauve and purple, the most beautiful, your Plum Cottage is a haven of peace and joy.XXXXX

Lynn and Precious said...

Lorraine, your tree ornaments are just perfect for romance. Hearts and flowers
and angels. Thank you for sharing. And of course, Miss Tork decorating the
bookcase and mantle. She can help keep an eye on Baby Jesus. Hope the baking
is fun and tasty when completed. Merry Christmas and stay safe. Lynn

Thelma said...

Nice decorations. Very festive with all the hearts, angels and flowers. The beaded heart really caught my eye.
Merry Christmas
Thelma.

Ann said...

Everything looks wonderful. Love all your decorations.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It all looks very festive and lovely. hope your Christmas will be special.

Louca por porcelana said...

How adorable and beautiful!How inspiring!

ellen b. said...

Things are looking very festive at Plum Cottage! Love your nativity. Jesus is the Light of the World!

Cheryl said...

How lovely your Cottage looks in its Christmas finery! I enjoyed the touches of blue, and your variety of ornaments. I am sure that many of them have special meaning for you. I think I saw one of your handmade beaded ornaments among them.

Merry Christmas to you as your celebrate Immanuel!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Hello Lorraine...I just came over to visit after you visited my blog yesterday...and I am so glad I did. I appreciated your blog and the post before it as well. Praying for you now as you deal with the changes in your life and the cleaning up of your yard, fence, etc.. So wonderful that your former neighbor gave you some money to help with the fencing. That was very thoughtful. I also live in Florida, but in the north central area. We love it here, but we both grew up in Florida so it is "home" to us, after living in many other parts of the northeast. I hope that you will have a blessed and wonderful Christmas. Please come back and visit over at my place anytime! Always love to make new friends!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Oh, Lorraine, you have a beautiful collection of ornaments. I see so many of them that really makes me smile. I see bad kitty on the shelf, but that is why we love them! Just doing what is natural. Thank you for the beautiful music. I have been watching Hallmark movies by the score but haven't listened to much music. It is playing while I am typing and what a beautiful sound especially with the crackling of the fire..Stay well sweet lady and thank you for being a friend..xxoJudy

Junkchiccottage said...

Lorraine love your sweet little tree. It is so pretty. Your house looks so pretty for Christmas. Thanks for the pretty music too. Have a great rest of the week. xoxo Kris

L. D. said...

It is a wonderful Christmas tree. I enjoy seeing all of your decorations and creche. It is fun to decorate and use things with great memories.

M.K. said...

I love your crackling fire Christmas music! I'll listen to that today while I paint. Your decorations are very calming, very holy, very worshipful. Merry Christmas, FL, and happy baking!

Unknown said...

Sending wonderful Holiday wishes and greetings to you dear friend. It's been awhile. Thinking of you. Will try to email you later. Been having blog issues.
Warm Regards,
Denimflyz in
Nebraska