Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Plum Cottage Flowers

Happy Spring ~The first day of spring was my 74th bday. Time is zipping right along. I've been enjoying lots of flowers in bloom down here in tropical south Florida. We've also had some days that felt like summer, then a couple of chilly times when 'cold' fronts have moved down this far. The past few nights it's been in the high 50's. Day time temps have been beautiful, mid 70's to 80. This is probably the last of chilly weather though. Summer will be here shortly with it's humidity and hot temps.

I'll share some pics from Valentine's day up to now for your enjoyment.  Too bad you can't smell the wonderful scents that fill the air. Lots of bees, butterflies and also some hummingbirds have been visiting the hamelia patens flowers and the coral honeysuckle.  The hummers are too fast for me to get a picture.

 "Angel Face" her lovely scent fills the air for several feet around her.

Blue Butterfly bush


Pink Hibiscus


Art glass solar flamingo with cats whiskers flowers


Tiffany 


'Diva' hibiscus


Amaryllis


Orchid from Mary


Thunbergia erecta or Bush clock vine or King's Mantle


Florida native Coral honey suckle - hummingbirds love this


Black and blue Salvia


Begonias


Miss Joaquim vanda orchids ~ These grow wild all over the property and bloom several times a year.


St. Francis with Louis Philippe or Florida Cracker Rose


Spiderwort


I don't know what this next little flower is, it self seeds and is a pretty thing. It's about the size of a quarter, maybe.


Pink hibiscus after some rain


Here we have Double Delight rose. I've noticed that she closes up at night, reopens in the morning looking different. She's a beauty with a lovely rose scent.


Shown with periwinkles


Here the roses are two days later.


I am so thankful to my Creator God who gave me so much beauty to enjoy right here at Plum Cottage. Each day is a new gift. May I always be thankful and give Him all honor and glory for what He has done, what He is doing and what He will do in the future.

Easter is coming and I celebrate Jesus who died on the cross for my sins as well as the sins of everyone else. and rose up from the grave after three days, so that I and any who believe in Him will have life eternal and be with Him forever. All we need to do is believe He is who He says He is,. Jesus, God Almighty.

 Have a wonderful spring and a glorious Easter.

FlowerLady



13 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

Thank you, Flower Lady, for sharing all your beauties and your joyful heart. Happy Birthday!! <3

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Lorraine! I hope you had a nice birthday. All of the flowers you posted pictures of are gorgeous. My favorite is the "Tiffany rose." One of my daughters is named Tiffany and the beauty of the rose reminds me of her. I hope you have a wonderful spring and a blessed Easter!

Lynn and Precious said...

Lorraine, happy belated birthday. I love the flower photos. We only have some daffodils open up here, wild Colt's Foot and the snow drops are finished. Nothing else is green or blooming yet.

ellen b. said...

Happy 74th year to you. Our granddaughter was born on your birthday. God bless you dearly. You have so many pretty flowers growing on your property!

BeachGypsy said...

Awww---that blue butterfly bush!--- and all the other blue blossoms---there's just something about blue in a garden....love all your pretty pictures. Happy spring!!

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are lovely. Time does zip along. Happy birthday. And yes, Jesus is everything He says He is, and more.
Linda T

Ruth Hiebert said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you. I’m right behind you in age. I love all your flowers, but those roses are just amazing. I posted about roses on my blog today as well, but mine were cut flowers.
Hope you are keeping well.

Sunita | The Urban Gardener said...

Your garden is packed with such beauties, Lorraine! If I were you I woukd have spent the whole day there ( as I suspect you already do). Heavenly!

Debbie Nolan said...

First - Happy belated birthday. What a great day to celebrate - first day of spring. Oh your flowers are ever so gorgeous. Each one is a beauty but especially love the Double Delight Rose.
I adore this time of the year. I am sure that is why God chose this time and place in the calendar to show us How Much He Loves Us by giving us His One and Only Son Jesus. Take care and enjoy those beautiful blooms. Hugs!

Terra said...

Your garden is filled with flowers and color and an art glass flamingo, all very cheery.

Morning's Minion said...

Spiderwort grows wild at the shady edges of our property and I recall that it also winters over in my native Vermont. Some of these 'common' invasive things survive while some cosseted plant succumbs to a cold season. My butterfly bushes were casualties of the deep freeze between Christmas and New Year. We keep gardening in spite of age, weeds, weather!
I didn't realize amaryllis could be grown in the ground, although in a tropical climate that makes sense.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Beautiful flowers!! Each one is so unique and lovely, created by our wonderful Creator God! I also enjoyed the video you made of your garden and the work in progress. I love your sunhat and glasses too. Perfect! Gardening takes a lot of time and energy. I've been wanting to get some things done outside, but have a bad arm/shoulder that I am currently doing PT for and really can't do much at this point without hurting it. Plus we have a bluebird house in the middle of my butterfly garden that currently has baby bluebirds in it just about ready to fledge. I can't go out there and work around it until they do or I will get bopped in the head by the parent bluebirds. LOL. I don't want to disturb their routine. Once the babies leave the nest I will get a few things done as I can. Yes, it is already hot here in Florida. We didn't get much of a spring. Went from winter to spring and back to winter and now to summer. I enjoyed your tour of the garden so much. Thank you for sharing. I will look forward to the future tours as things grow and your work progresses. Have a blessed day, and yes, stay hydrated.

Anne Payne said...

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, Rainey! Belated wishes for a lovely year down in 'paradise'. Goodness, your flowers are absolutely STUNNING!!!!