Monday, March 6, 2023

March is here, spring is coming, things have been happening

Greetings Friends, hope you are all doing well. It's been a busy time for me. House and garden projects. Right now we are in drought conditions.  This January was the driest on record in 129 years. I've been moving and grouping potted plants closer to house for ease of care and ease on the gardener.

I've been blessed with help from my church family and am so thankful to God for them. Trees trimmed, a couple of indoor projects, a new computer, prayer, love, encouragement. I have been going to this church for two years this month. (The church I had been going to had closed it's doors during covid.) The worship music is wonderful, the messages are all Bible based, I go to a ladies Bible study/prayer time on Wednesday mornings. The people are loving, caring and fun. They welcomed me in and became family to me. God led me there and they were just what I needed. God has given me more people to love since Mark is no longer here for me to love.

 In January, my 21 year old Maytag washer finally wouldn't spin any longer. I had already replaced the belts twice in the last 10 years since Mark has been gone. I googled Maytag washers and found one out at Lowe's, which is west of me by about 20 minutes or so. I had gone to the church to help take down Christmas decorations, but the work was already done by the young pastors. A few of us ladies were there to take care of this and all that was needed was some clean up. 

I was in a bad way, really missing Mark, my last barn kitty had not been doing so great, and that morning I couldn't find her, I had a feeling she was 'gone'. she was 17. I called for her several times and did a cursory look, then left for the church. I got there all weepy, and a friend asked me how I was and I broke down. Then I talked with one of the young pastors and told him about my washing machine and googling and finding one out at Lowe's on sale. After a few minutes he said, Do you want to go out there? I said, Now? he said, Yes, it will be an adventure. I needed an adventure. We had good conversation on the drive.

We checked out a dent/ding place to see if they might have Maytags but they didn't, then we headed on out to Lowe's. Well, we got there and on the floor they had 2-3 different Maytags and I was reading the specifications, trying to make a decision, and finally went with the one I wanted in the first place. It was marked down from $799 down to $549. It was loaded into the van, then we headed back to the church so I could get my car and he picked up another young pastor so they could take out the old washer (and take it away) and install the new. I love the new machine. It is working great, is much quieter. I got out my credit card to pay and the young pastor who had taken me to Lowe's handed me some $ and said here this is to help pay for washer. He and his wife had set aside $ to help someone and I happened to be that someone right then. I was flabbergasted and thankful at the same time. Below is my new machine. Maytags always had a reputation for not needing a repairman, and the old one did last for a little over 20 years. This new one has a 10 year warranty. ;-)

Below is the rubber tree which is close to the house and had limbs overhanging the roof, not good. The rubber tree is also overhanging the driveway.

 
What a difference. There are new leaves starting to sprout out of the top but for now, there is no shade.


Next is the Melaleuca tree which had two huge limbs hanging over the workshop. This company did a great job cutting back both of these trees and having that done is a huge burden off of me.
 


Ok, that's it for now. I am still learning how to use the Gimp photo editing program, and it is taking me longer to edit and create a post. I do NOT like PSP Pro (paintshop pro) at all and I paid for it. Gimp is FREE!!! My dear Mark told me about Gimp years ago and it was a learning curve back then. I had PSP 2 and used that up until I got new computer with windows 10 which would not take the old program. Gimp is getting easier the more I use it and see what all it can do. It's just taking longer.

I have more to share but my eyes are tired and I need a break from the computer.

Thank you all for prayers, love and encouragement. It means a lot. God has been taking care of me in so many ways, big and small and I am thankful.

Enjoy your week. Be thankful. 

FlowerLady

 

7 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

How wonderful that your church has been helping you with things, and especially with the new washing machine! That is such a blessing! They sound like true believers!! I love how God brings people together and He sets the solitary in families (Psalm 68:6) It's good to hear that you are being taken care of. And yes, we are in a drought. We live in north central Florida, and it is very dry here. Our little pond is starting to dry up. We need rain badly, but please, Lord, no hurricanes! Have a blessed week.

Latane Barton said...

Isn't it wonderful that God puts people in our paths when we need them? I enjoyed your post so much today. Have a great week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

True Christian kindness that your pastor helped you get the washing machine and pay for it too! That is that kind of thing that we as Christians are called to do. So glad you have found a good church with true believers who have become like family to you. It is always good to hear from you. Have a good week!

Gretchen Joanna said...

That is fantastic! Those men are true pastors.

Lynn and Precious said...

Lorraine, it is wonderful to see a post by you. However, not all your news was so wonderful for you. Drought? And up here no snow for a month but an inch or more rain each and every week. I am sorry to hear your kitty is probably gone. They have a tendency to leave their home when it is time. But the experience of the washing machine is a blessing for you, for sure. Your pastor is very caring person to take such interest in his congregation. Don't use too much water doing laundry! Lynn XX

ellen b. said...

Happy to read you have found a good church to be a part of and that they are caring for you. God is so good in providing that washing machine through your dear pastor and his wife. Nice to see a post pop up from you. God bless.

Terra said...

How dear that pastor and his wife are to be putting aside money to help someone, and it turned out to be you. I like how he said let's go get the washing machine now, it will be an adventure. I have a church family too that is very nurturing, we are blessed.