Sunday, January 31, 2021

Last day of January

Hello Folks ~ I just spent two hours watching and singing along in a time of worship and praise to Jesus our Great God. My heart has been blessed, I feel invigorated and oh so thankful to Jesus for all that He has done and is doing and will do in my life.

I grew up on the old hymns which influenced my life greatly, and I still love them, but in the 60's rock n roll spoke to me and still does even though I'm approaching my 72nd birthday in March. Today, a lot of praise and worship music is rock n roll in style and at this time, this video was just what I needed to bring some joy and light back into Plum Cottage once again.

We are told to make a joyful noise to the Lord and there are many ways and styles of music to do this. I believe they are all pleasing to Him, slow or fast, if from our hearts, they bring Him joy. I wanted to share this you-tube video. My dear husband played lead guitar here at home with different musicians via albums, tapes, cds, the web and I could hear him in some of this music tonight. He is in heaven praising Jesus and oh how wonderful it must be to be with our Savior, Friend, Provider, Healer, Restorer, Comforter, Giver of all good things, King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

With that, I will close this post. Next post will have pics of tree trimming done here at Plum Cottage, but I had to share this time of worship tonight.

Have a great week. If you haven't sought out Jesus yet, I pray that you will. You won't be disappointed.

Love, hugs and prayers,

FlowerLady

 





 

9 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Reading your words and feeling your enthusiasm for this music, made me thankful that we have such a variety of music styles. Something for everyone . I just spent the evening watching three hours of Southern Gospel and it blessed my soul.Something for all of us, even when our tastes are different ,just like we don’t all like the same kind of food. God is good.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello Lorraine - I love this post. Music and praise can heal our hearts and souls. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a good week.

ellen b. said...

It's so good to be able to worship. We love the old hymns and some of the more modern worship songs, too, when they stay true to the Bible. So good to sing. Glad your time was uplifting. Blessings!

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

So glad you had that time to enjoy the worship music. I am partial to hearing organ music in church but it's mainly guitar at Mass now. A young lady sang very soaringly today and it was wonderful.

Nancy J said...

To have a sing along is wonderful and we can join in at home, via Zoom or Facetime, and share worship.

Ann said...

I listened to the video while I was reading your post. Music does soothe the soul.

Lynn and Precious said...

I can just feel how uplifting the music is. It will make anyone's day
off to the righteous start.

Henny Penny said...

I dearly love the old hymns. You are right about singing and gospel songs lifting your spirits. Later in February I will be trimming back the rose bushes.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

It is wonderful to praise the Lord in song and worship, it truly transforms our heart and souls in a special connection with the Lord. I love the old hymns and choruses, but I love many of the new songs too. I don't particularly care for those that have no melody or tune, but I love to worship the Lord. He is great and so worthy of our praise! Thankful to read of your wonderful time of worship with Him. Many blessings to you dear friend :)