Tuesday, January 5, 2021

A New Day

Good morning Folks ~ Here it is the 5th of January already. It was in the low 50's when I got up this morning. The sun is shining in a big blue sky and I am thankful to be alive and enjoy this gift of a new day.

My wrist is healing slowly, steadily but surely. I am using my creams, wrist brace. Had to resort to getting some ibuprophen as acetaminophen just wasn't helping. Needed the anti-inflammatory part, which is helping. I only took one yesterday, and will probably take another in a bit as my wrist is hurting from being here working on the computer. After I finish this post, I will shut the thing off and do other things, like wash more dishes. I can only do about a drainboard at a time. Am almost caught up.  We so easily take things for granted, like all of the things we can do with our dominant hand/arm.

Last night's supper was super simple, kind of boring, but filling. I have a hard time using the can opener, so looked in my little pantry to see what I might have that doesn't need the opener, and found a can of Vienna sausages, not great, but I bought those in case of lack of food because of covid. Anyway, it wasn't bad, just not exciting, had added garlic and onion powders, and cooked with frozen mixed veggies served over instant mashed potatoes and with a glass of merlot. It was filling. Today I have chicken breasts in the crockpot. They had been BOGO at Publix, which is always a blessing.

I played with an art program his morning, that you can use online to change the look of your photos. The first photo is the actual one and the rest are using the filters. It was fun.

 








That's it for now. Wrist is protesting. 

Be well, stay safe, be thankful. 

Have a great week.

 FlowerLady

21 comments:

Kit said...

Glad to hear you are mending. Take it easy and enjoy this brand new year! Love, KK

Rebecca said...

Oh, those filters look like fun!
And I see I must work my way backwards to find out more about your wrist. Sounds painful. 😪

Nancy J said...

Rest up, I am guessing BOGO is Buy one, get one??? Down here they have that at stores, but not for food. I hope the extra tablets do the trick, and the weather plays long nicely too. Miss Tork, you are a delight to see there.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am sorry your hand/arm/wrist are still hurting. I can imagine how frustrating it is to do the things you need to do. Glad you found some better food to eat than vienna sausages! LOL. Okay for camping or an emergency I guess. Your photos look great with that app. That's interesting how you can do that! I think I like the original the best, however. But it is fun to play with these things. Take care and get well soon.

Junkchiccottage said...

The filters are fun to play with. I always love how beautiful your natural pics of your flowers are. Glad your wrist is feeling a little better. It takes time and it is amazing how doing things we take for granted get halted or less when something goes wrong like your wrist. Take it easy and hopefully soon you will have more mobility back without pain. xoxo Kris

Ann said...

So happy to hear you are on the mend. Since I don't really like to cook all that much any more those easy and filling meals are a blessing.
I always had fun playing with photos and filters. You got some really cool looking ones here.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is good to see you trying a few new things on the computer. I can only imagine how hard most everything is when one hand is sore. May healing continue.

Unknown said...

I hope your wrist heals up quickly! I had a bum knee for several weeks and you definitely realize how much you take your joints functioning properly for granted.

Filters are so much fun! I love playing around with them too. I have an app on my iPhone that lets me have fun editing pictures. I especially love the filters that make a picture look like a painting.

Love,
Annie

ellen b. said...

That's a fun program. Glad you are getting better albeit slowly. Our highs have been in the high 30's here! :) Take care!

Unknown said...

You're so right about taking things for granted like our arms, legs, eyes etc. Until we can no longer use them. Although I try not to take anything for granted and thank the lord for what I have. I need to do it more often but I do try. I hope your wrist heals quick and you are on your way to feeling much better real soon. Please, do be careful. God bless.

Lynn and Precious said...

I too, stocked up on canned meats earlier this year when food was running out. We do what we must, but your chicken breasts will taste even better. Love seeing Miss Tork on the opening. I think you used a bit of the photo web site on her too. Fun to play around a bit when you find something like that. Keep on healing. Lynn

NanaDiana said...

I hope your wrist continues to heal and that you are soon pain free with full mobility restored. Love the program you used to change up the flower picture. What fun.
Take good care of yourself and happy Wednesday!!! xo Diana

Henny Penny said...

I am so sorry about your fall and hurting your arm. I went back to find out what happened and saw your arm. It looks awfully painful. That must have been a hard fall. Hope you're feeling better. Those flower pictures are so pretty. Take care.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Lorraine. I'm glad you are healing a little at a time. Don't push yourself. We are not going anyplace anytime soon so just take it easy. Would you mind telling me what that plan is that you are using for your photos. It is always fun to change things up a bit..Stay well..xxoJudy

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

How fun to change the photo. The last one is my favorite.

Cheryl said...

I am sorry that you hurt your wrist . . . I am saying a prayer that it heals quickly! Fun to see all of the variations of the photo with the filter! Happy New Year, Lorraine!

thefisherlady said...

Wow~ the photos are like the changing of the seasons... I love each one.
Praying a full recovery for your wrist... I find a liniment I get at our international Chinese store works well for me. it is called ZHENG GU SHUI
I hope you can find it there. Sending love

M.K. said...

Glad you are on the mend, FL. Healing is slow as we age. Your meals are simple, but sound warm and comforting. The photo editing fun looks great!

Leslie Kimel said...

I'm so glad your wrist is healing. Make sure to rest it and don't push yourself too hard. Love your flower pictures!

L. D. said...

Those kind of programs are fun to use. I use to teach in high school students to make creative adaptations of photos.

Terra said...

I have never played around with photo filters but it could be fun. My favorite photos in your post are the first unfiltered one and the last one.