Friday, November 6, 2020

Be Anxious for Nothing

Good morning Friends ~ Here we are into November, the month we celebrate Thanksgiving. Personally, I want to live a life of 'Thanks-living' every single day. It's not always easy, but it is a goal. A wonderfully encouraging video popped up in my you-tube recommendations this morning and I want to share it with all who visit. It is GREAT, one of the best I've heard on the subject of not being anxious.

 After I watched it, I went out to check mail, it came late last night and I didn't go out to check it.  There was a card in my driveway, inside the closed gates. I picked it up not knowing what to expect. It was just the card, no envelope. It was from a friend. I then saw the envelope outside the gate. Someone had ripped it open, I assume to see if there was any $ in it. There wouldn't have been, but they didn't know that. I then checked my mailbox, and there were several pieces of junk mail. At least whoever did this had the decency to put the card and envelope by gate, the wind blew the card under the gate.

 I gave the anxiety that immediately popped into my mind to God and prayed for the person who did this.  It's amazing how we can get attacked to worry and fret right after reading something very positive that encourages our faith. A lesson in putting what I read into practice. This life is an ongoing, growing process. Every day is a gift from our heavenly Father to trust Him with everything. I'm not perfected yet, and giving Jesus my daily anxieties will be something I need to do each and every day that I am blessed with.

Here is the video, may your hearts be blessed and encouraged.

Love, hugs and prayers, 

FlowerLady


 

12 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

My prayers are with you and the world, Lorraine. Those that trespass
against us in any way, do need our prayers the most. So glad you found
the card from your friend. I am sure that is a lift to your spirit.
And how can it be November already? Not sure where our year went with
all the worries of covid and elections. Let's hope for a better year
to come. And unfortunately, anxiety only makes us ill and certainly
doesn't help in the long run. Hard to avoid in these times.

Sandi said...

Ah...powerful peace. Thank you!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Lorraine. So sorry to hear about that person ripping open your card. People feel so desperate these days. Hoping as we move into the holiday season we can all find goodness and hope and love in our hearts. I am sure this felt horrible to see someone do this. Just a reminder that we need to pray for that person and others that are feeling so desperate. Hugs. Kris

Terra said...

What a great video, always appropriate but especially in these times of social isolation and the Presidential election.

Betty said...

Sorry to hear that. We have to be careful around here about our mail too. Our mailboxes are on the road and we live about 300 feet from them. We ususally check our mail everyday, but one day we forgot. I was expecting my thryoid meds in the mail and they were not there. I call the pharmacy and they had confirmation about them in the mailbox. I called the PO and they said that they were inform by others in our area of mail being stolen. People do anything now a days to get money. Needless to say we make sure we check our mailbox everyday no matter what.

ellen b. said...

It is good to be able to give our anxieties to the Lord. Praying right now for all the people I know who are suffering from Anxiety and Panic attacks. It's so overwhelming for them. Praying the Light of the World shines through to their hearts and minds with peace and comfort.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Lorraine - I am afraid I am not very good at giving my anxieties to God. It is something I need to be better at because it would help me. I think I am better at dealing with anxiety than I used to be, which is good. Hope you have a good weekend. Praying for peace and reunification in our country. We are all Americans! :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is so sad that someone would tamper with your personal mail.

Ann said...

Excellent video. I've slowly but surely learned how to give my anxiety to God and let him handle things.

M.K. said...

FL, thank you so much for that video. I listened to it, appreciated it and shared it with our church members. He talks like someone who truly understands anxiety and how a Christian struggles with it.

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Words of wisdom. Thank you so much, dear Lorraine!

joe said...

Ah...powerful peace. Thank you for the post!