Saturday, November 7, 2020

Being thankful

Hello Folks ~ Here it is Saturday morning and here in s.e. FL we are under a Tropical storm watch for Eta until 6:15 p.m. tonight. Rain, wind and possible flooding. Right now it is gray, breezy and have had a dash of rain so far.

Since this is the month we celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday,  thought I'd post a pics of what I've been blessed with and am thankful for. It will be an overload of pics I think. The first 4 photos were taken with my old phone which died last Saturday morning. I had a mini panic attack as I had gotten rid of my landline awhile back to cut back on expenses. 

My dear BIL took me to the Verizon store on Sunday and I got a new phone with a fantastic camera. I had been googling phones for a few months, so that when this happened, I knew what I wanted. A few months back I couldn't afford this phone, but God supplied the funds last month. One day I will share that story.

Below is Lancepod.

Below is Miss Atwood.



Black Eastern Swallowtail


 

All of the rest of the photos are with new phone. I won't be labeling pics, just enjoy them.








 
 










 










What a wonderful surprise to see this when I went to select strawberries to cut up on my cereal this morning. 



Ok, that's it for now. I've got a dish I want to make up, recipe from a new friend, Erica, it was one of her Mom's recipes. Tuscan Garlic Chicken.

Remember to count all of your blessings.

FlowerLady


10 comments:

Nancy J said...

I turned on my laptop early this morning, still waiting, then 5 minutes lates the result was published. If you are happy, so am I. Your new phone, glorious photos, and when you had the funds, the right phone with a super camera happened. Hugs and Kisses, always a beautiful flower, and is that a Tibouchina in purple? Have a wonderful day in Florida., stay safe, and enjoy all that nature gives.XXXXX

Lynn and Precious said...

I'll start at the bottom of your gorgeous post and go up! A heart shaped
strawberry. Did you eat it first? And how the kitties we have lay in the
most hard to believe places. Miss Tork looks good but on hard wood. And
then on the couch to help crochet that beautiful blue yarn. Your new phone
takes wonderfully clear photos of your flowers. Praying for the hurricane
to skip by your secret garden.

Ann said...

So happy you were able to get a new phone. I know how thrilled I was when I was finally able to get one.
The photos are all wonderful

ellen b. said...

Congrats on the new phone. You still have so much color in your corner of the world.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A post filled with beauty! Those strawberries look delicious , yes, even the heart shaped one, or maybe, especially that one.

Kit said...

Such lovely photos my friend!! Glad you like your new phone. Take care. KK

The Wykeham Observer said...

I hope your kitty Miss Tork is doing well. She looks comfortable there on the shelf! Phil/MN

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your flowers are looking beautiful. Mine are almost all gone here in Missouri except for some roses up against the house. I'm glad you were able to get your new phone. I like the way you can choose to blur out the backgrounds in certain pics.

Take care.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, that Purple flower is beautiful. You know, that is my favorite color. It's such a mysterious and striking color, isn't it? I can see why you are thankful for all these things you've shared. And home is certainly something to be thankful for. Here is one of my favorite quotes for you, Lorraine.

Home can heal.
There is healing in Home.

~Maya Angelou

M.K. said...

Your new camera is amazing!! The texture on the leaves and petals are fabulous. That hibiscus always gets me, each time you post pics of it!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful kitty with us too. She's so decorative!