Tuesday, October 6, 2020

More to celebrate

Good morning folks ~ it is another very warm and humid day. It's around 10:30 EST 86 degrees, real feel 98 degrees. I worked outside earlier, for about an hour, that's all I could handle. I trimmed some star jasmine and a few other things. I cut back a schefflera that is in the front hedge row, probably was up to about 10ft. I huffed and puffed and finally got that finished. I used a pole cutter, a tree saw, a lopper and my hand clippers. There is more to trim in that hedge, several different plants, all in good time. I got a late start this morning. I'll be so glad when we finally get cooler weather down here. Right now there is a blue sky, clouds zipping along in a stiff breeze. More rain is expected.

I want to share more reasons I have to celebrate this life I've been blessed with.




















 

The baby blanket is finished. Just have to wrap and box it up to mail.



That's it for now. I've had lunch and my eyelids are growing heavier by the minute. Time for a refreshing nap.

May you all stay well, enjoy your days, and find the beauty in your lives.

 FlowerLady

14 comments:

Ann said...

Such beautiful flowers. I can't believe it was that warm there. Here we've only had highs in the 50s. We're gearing up for that winter weather already.

lil red hen said...

I love your roses!! I've an urge to try and root a rose. Have you ever done that? I've been watching youtube videos and think it would be fairly simple, but would the cutting root? Beautiful blanket!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beauty all around. The flowers in your gardens are lovely and so is that baby blanket.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Lorraine, your flowers are so beautiful and I can see how you would feel blessed to step out into your garden each morning. The scents must be overpowering, but in a good way. The bright pink rose with the dew is magnificent. That blanket is so pretty. Beautiful colors, a treasure to be kept forever. Stay well my friend..xxoJudy

Mary said...

You certainly have a green thumb, such lovely flowers. And that baby blanket, the colors are so perfect.

Becky said...

I always love seeing the blooms around your place. I'm trying to get back to my blogging each day but have been away so long it's hard to get back in the swing of things. But I keep trying.

Rebecca said...

The baby blanket is SO beautiful...that corner of your home so cozy. And the flowers! Exquisite.

Henny Penny said...

Lorraine, have we been missing each other or what? I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering why I haven't seen a post. Anyhow, your roses are so pretty. Honestly, they look like pictures from a magazine. You have such a neat place. I was just looking at your last post. I love your neat little home. Love how you have it decorated. It's pretty and also looks cozy and comfortable. Oh, the baby blanket is absolutely beautiful.

L. D. said...

That is a cozy corner for praying and reading. I always enjoy your careful selection of blooms. They are wonderful. We are moving into seasons of only colored leaves and not flowers. My neighbors that live across the street at Woodward, Iowa have a home on the gulf, northern and western side.

M.K. said...

So fun to see that gorgeous line up of photos, FL! You have such an eye. The roses are very pretty, and good job on the baby blanket! It's lovely.

ellen b. said...

It's always nice to see the beautiful flowers that surround you. Hope you have a good weekend.

Red Rose Alley said...

The baby blanket is sweet. What a thoughtful gift. And your red roses make my heart sing.

~Sheri

amontanalife.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely blanket! It will be a treasure. We just finished pruning before our rainy week hit. Hard work but glad it's done. Have a lovely week My friend. Love, KK

Leslie Kimel said...

Oh, gosh, your flower photos are amazing. And that baby blanket is just fabulous! It's always so inspiring to visit your blog.