Friday, September 13, 2019

Watching another storm

Hello Folks ~ Well, here it is Friday morning, and we are having rain off and on. We are watching 'potential tropical storm #9.  The way it all looks now, we will probably be getting some wind and rain from this system. Might be more than what we got with Dorian. We've already had rain off and on since yesterday.


Yesterday I had a good day. Went to a ladies luncheon at a local Olive Garden. Saw some old friends and it was so good to see them. They meet once a month, and I'm going to 'try' to make it each month. My new friend, Rita, (leader of GriefShare, I'm her assistant) and I went together. We had a good time there and a nice visit here at Plum Cottage afterwards.

For lunch I had a house salad, the bread, Zuppa Toscana and an iced coffee. All delicious!! I came home and looked up the soup recipe and found it here. I had two bowls and just couldn't get over how delicious it was. I look forward to making this.

The other morning when I went to work at my friend's, I snapped a couple of pictures of the clouds as I liked the sunlight hitting them. 


 I did not know what I would see in this photo below, until afterwards. ;-) A lopsided heart, (at least it looks that way to me). My heart is lopsided these days, but still a heart. Broken, yet healed/healing. God is my 'comforter' and 'healer'.


Ok, that's it for now. I've got some errands to run this morning, hopefully dodging the rain.

Have a great weekend and be thankful.
Let others know you love and care for them.

FlowerLady

17 comments:

Susie said...

Stay safe and alert. I am praying . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

ellen b. said...

Oh boy...tis the season, I guess. Hope this one doesn't pack too much punch! I love that zuppa Toscana, delicious. It's been a long time since I've had it. Glad you had a nice luncheon. Have a happy and safe weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope you can stay safe during yet another storm.

Nancy J said...

Those clouds are really beautiful, and I hope so much that the new weather forecast is not as predicted and you miss anything severe again.

Mary said...

Please do stay safe! I love zuppa Toscana, if you try that recipe please share your results.

BeachGypsy said...

The ladies lunch sounds great! so glad you got to go. The cloud is pretty, and yes, I do see the heart. I do wish there would be no more storms, sigh. All we can do is stay alert and ready with our plans if need be. I dont like hurricane season and I'm always SO GLAD WHEN IT'S OVER.

Ann said...

Hope that storm doesn't get too bad.
That cloud does look like a lopsided heart and the top looks like angel wings with a head and a halo

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I hope you are safe and storm isn't bad. We are in MO on Lake Erie and we’ve had storms 5 out if 6 days! Love seeing the heart cloud and Dont think I have ever seem one before!

pilar said...

Best wishes on yet another storm. I don't know how well I would do living in an area that saw such frequency of storms. The heart cloud is for you, especially. A reminder of what matters most, though I'm sure you practice showing love to those around you already. Many blessings to you!

Anne Payne said...

I saw the floppy heart immediately! Love cloud gazing. :) Lunch sounds delicious. I'm going to save the recipe and maybe give it a try this winter. xo

Kit said...

Hello my friend! You can weather any storm with the big guy looking over you. I love the cloud heart. 💕 Love, KK

M.K. said...

Really hoping this storm is not awful, and that it turns out to sea soon. YOu are a trooper! So glad you've had some fun time with friends too.

Junkchiccottage said...

Wow you are really getting hit with these hurricanes close together. I hope this does not continue.
Stay safe.
Hugs,
Kris

BeachGypsy said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, Lorraine, guess what?---YOUR POSTS bring me joy! Love seeing your home and all your pretty flowers in your wild and beautiful garden!! Hugs!

Dewena said...

That cloud formation was a special gift just for you, wasn't it? Beautiful job of capturing it! I wish we could have a little of your rain, we're so dry here, so very hot, breaking records often and no relieve in sight until the end of September. Still, I wouldn't want rain here at the expense of a hurricane threat anywhere near Plum Cottage. Your Olive Garden meal sounds delicious!

Terra said...

A lopsided broken heart in the clouds sent for you to see. How neat you are an assistant at Griefshare, it sure helped me.

Darcie said...

I totally see the heart...LOVE it!