Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Open Live Writer/Blogger problems, cold temps and blooms

Good morning everyone ~ It is Tues morning is s.e. FL. Yesterday morning it was 44 at around 5:30 with real feel temp being 37. That is cold for us.  This morning it is warmer, being 67 at 6:55 a.m. 

I, like many others, have been having trouble between Blogger and Open Live Writer.  We get a 400 error msg when we try to upload a post. Very frustrating and discouraging to say the least as it is nice to write up a post off-line, then when all done upload it to Blogger. Blogger used to have their own Live Writer program, but did away with it for some reason. Anyway, a friend posted this morning and it worked for her, except for having to delete one photo.

(Well, I just tried to upload my post and up popped up the error msg. again So, here I am in blogger writing my post. Maybe they will eventually resolve this problem, at least I can still post using blogger.  It's just so much nicer to write a post off line then upload it. Previewing my post, I see that the spacing is all off, even though it looks right as I write up the post. I'm not going to mess with it, it is what it is.)

Over grown and weedy garden spaces keep giving me gorgeous blooms which I am happy to be able to share with you in the frozen north. I can’t imagine living in snowy conditions. I read this morning that 7 have died in the northeast from this latest snow storm, and some of them were from shoveling snow. Friends do be careful, keep safe and warm.
Here are the blooms from the past few days.

This hibiscus is in the main garden. Love these blooms. One day I need to get photos together of the different hibiscus grown here in Plum Cottage Gardens.




This is a wonderfully deeply scented rose, don’t know the name of it either. The bud, then the open bloom.







This is another unknown rose, didn’t have a tag when I bought it. I have two of them in the main garden. Almost missed these blooms.





 This little ‘Mozart’ rose bush just keeps giving me these glorious blooms. They make me feel happy and thankful every time I see them.






Today is a new day. Let us find joy, beauty, let us be thankful to God for our many blessings. If we have troubles let them be few, and may we take them all to God, knowing that He is working all things out.

Be warm, stay safe, enjoy time spent with loved ones,

FlowerLady

23 comments:

M.K. said...

We are chilly here, but not dangerously so. I think it fell to 20 degrees last night, but it's rebounding quickly. Tomorrow will be in the 60s. We are up and down right now.

Your blooming roses in the dead of winter are a constant amazement to me.

I always write my blog posts inside Blogger because I didn't know there was another way to do it. I've never heard of Open Live Writer.

Cheryl said...

I'll bet it feels frigid down there in warm and sunny Florida! I am sorry you are having tech trouble. That always throws me for a loop. So frustrating!

Your beautiful flowers don't seem to be affected by the cold!

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi!Adorable flowers!The header is gorgeous too!

Out on the prairie said...

Most red roses parent is Lincoln, which has a similar shade to that one

Nancy J said...

Hi Lorraine, after lots of Googleing the problem, I read that photos need to be from Google Photos and not the usual Picasa album that I like so much. But I still have to find out how to load them to Open Live Writer. Like you, I like the way I can do a post offline, edit, and leave, or publish right away. Your beautiful flowers, our small garden has taken a battering in the strong winds the last few days, so I now need to rethink what we can have planted here. Yes, that storm, I would leave the shovelling if at all possible.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love seeing your gorgeous flowers. Yes,it is cold hereabout we expect that during this time of year and are fully prepared.

Ann said...

That is pretty cold for you guys. We've had lots of snow and you'll see in my post tomorrow how much I shoveled off my deck after work today.
Loving all your flowers. A welcome sight after looking at nothing but the white stuff

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers! Yes you should appreciate your climate (minus that cold wave)! Cold and snow (in my opinion) is getting very boring! Andrea

Janneke said...

Computer problems are always a nuissance......
I love your beautiful pale pink Hibiscus, and I envy you for your climate even when it's cold I'm sure it will be warmer than we have.
Here it changes by the day. Until this week we had rather warm weather for the time of year, springflowers opened there buds but suddenly......it's freezing cold and since yesterday we have a layer of snow. Anyway it's never boring.

draw online said...

Beautiful flowers

R's Rue said...

Love.

ellen b. said...

Never fun to see an error message. We've been having issues with our satellite connection and band strength. Ugh. Your pink hibiscus is so beautiful. Love it. Hope the rest of your week goes well!

Rebecca said...

I continue with blogger. Unaware of the other. No problems.😊 Lots of snow and frigid cold...today rain and warmer temps with threat of freezing, so midweak church services are cancelled for tonght... I'm getting some reading hours in. Loving it!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Temperatures vary here in Texas, too. We have days in the 60's and 70's (highs) and then it'll dip to high 40's and 50's. And then back up. I can live with it. Much better than the NE Oregon winters! Plus, we have lots of sunshine and that is a big deal for me! Your flowers are gorgeous, Lorraine. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the sweet comment. Hope your technical issues get resolved soon. I always write my posts in Blogger, so haven't experienced your pain. Hugs, Nancy

Debbie Harris said...

I take my hat off to you with figuring out those nasty problems on blogger. If it were not for my dear daughter, I'd be in a mess!

Your blooms are a beautiful welcome on this {{cold}} day in Colorado.
I walked Donatella yesterday in 12° temps, boy was it awful!

Have a beautiful day ♡

Anne Payne said...

Blogger certainly has its challenges sometimes.

The Roses are lovely! My husband cut some of mine the other day and brought them in. I saved the tags but don't know the name by heart. I need to take some pictures and share them. They are really pretty but not completely open yet.

It's beautiful here today, near 60*. Hugs, my friend!!

Terry said...

Hi Lorraine,

It was very cold here the past two days but in the 30s today. Monday our thermometer registered -25 degrees wind chill temperature. The actual temperature was 0. Plus it was very windy. Fortunately I was blessed with being able to stay in the house all day. I don't mind the winter though. I have lots of projects to keep me busy, and the house is warm and cozy.

Love seeing your flowers!

Terry

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Lorraine. Your blooms are just beautiful. It sounds like it has been a little cool for you there. We are very cold today but sunny. Which is usually how it is. I haven't heard about Open Live Writer. I just see Blogger at the top of screen and click on that and don't have any problems. Sometimes though I notice that my type comes out differently in some words. Don't know why because I don't change anything..Have a wonderful rest of the week.xxoJudy

Heather said...

What gorgeous flowers you have!!! These are so beautiful. Sorry to hear you've had problems with Blogger...Ive had issues with it myself, sigh. Anyhow--- how nice to have stumbled here and to see your beautiful garden!~

Dewena said...

Lorraine, you must be further tech advanced than most of us. I've never heard of the Open live writer either so blogger always works for me the old fashioned way. I like things as simple as possible!

That is cool for Florida! I know my sister in Orlando wrote about enjoying their fireplace. But your lovely roses don't seem to mind your cooler temperatures. They sure are a spring like touch here on blogs right now. The pretty Mozart is delightful!

Evi Erlinda - Brain Plasticity said...

I love a beautiful red flower.
greeting- evi erlinda

Vee said...

Frustrations like that can be so very annoying. I just read that Diane (Lavender Dreamer) is having similar difficulties. Having just gotten off the phone with the town crew and giving them a piece of my mind that I can ill afford to lose, I know how important it is to guard our hearts about the vexations of life. If I don’t, it’s gonna ruin my day. In my corner, snow is not the problem, ice is. Inches and inches of it. One must be very careful out of doors these days.

You take care, too, and thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers!

outlawgardener said...

Your blog is one of the many blessings for which I'm thankful. Sharing the beauty of your part of the world, your spirit, your garden, Plum Cottage is what matters not the spacing or other formatting issues.