Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunshine, wind, roses, and thank you

Good Saturday morning Folks,

The sun is shining and we are having lots of wind.  The temps are cooler too. We are thankful. The wind chimes are making their sweet music.

My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and homes. in Jamaica, Haiti and Cuba. I hope and pray Sandy does not turn into the storm that they are predicting.

My post was so long the other day that I didn’t get to put all the roses plus a couple other plants in it, so I’ll post them here today.

Ti plant and it’s sweet little flowers.

10-20-ti-plant

10-20-ti-plant2

Shrimp plant.

10-20-shrimp-plant

10-20-shrimp-plant2

10-20-shrimp-plant3

10-20-shrimp-plant4

Climbing ‘Maman Cochet’ rose

10-20-cl-maman-cochet

‘Maggie’ rose.

10-20-maggie

10-20-maggie2

‘Prosperity’ roses.

10-20-prosperity

10-20-prosperity2

10-20-prosperity3

10-20-prosperity4

10-20-prosperity5

10-20-prosperity6

10-20-prosperity7

10-20-prosperity8

10-20-prosperity9

10-20-prosperity10

10-20-prosperity11

Please accept our heartfelt thank you for your prayers and thoughts this past week. They mean so much to both of us. I broke down crying reading out loud to DH, (dear husband). We don’t have it as bad as some people do, but when we all go through different things in our lives, they seem big and bad. Prayers and good wishes never hurt any of us, so thank you, thank you.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

***

If instead of a gem, or even a flower,

we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend,

that would be giving as the angels give. 

George MacDonald

***

All that we behold is full of blessings. 

William Wordsworth

20 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

Lovely blooms. Love the first couple plants, so different and pretty. Glad the storm didn't do any damage your direction.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Lynn said...

It says a lot about your character as you tend to your roses in the face of adversity. Way to go!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Goodness you did get a lot of beautiful photos of your flowers. So nice to see your roses as all the ones here go to sleep for winter. Hoping the storm doesn't get as bad as predicted as well. Rest and take care.

Gayle said...

Hope the storms calm quickly.... you have so many different roses. They are so beautiful.

Annie said...

I'm so looking forward to my roses looming again soon...your are beautiful.

sharon said...

My Ti has never bloomed...well wishes for your DH. no worries.just kepp plgging away....

Mrs. Mac said...

Your blog is my favorite place to hang out after the leaves fall and winter arrives. The blooms are such a cheery bright spot. Just beautiful. Hoping that the storm passes without incident.

L. D. said...

I pray that you continue to stay safe. Your flowers look so wonderful. When I truly retire I would love to find a climate where the variety of flowers could be so diverse and to be so many.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely blooms. Mine are about finished. I love the spider web in some of the photos of the shrimp plant, which is probably my favorite bloom of these photos.

Amrita said...

Dear Lady, you r blog is so educational for me. I am learning the names of various plants and roses. Never heard of the Shrimp Plant. Your photos are delightful.

I do hope the storm has abated

gld said...

The flowers are beautiful and a treat for me to see. Our hard freeze took care of things here.

I am so sorry about the AV; if it isn't one thing; it is 10! We have gone through that phase recently and I do hope it is finished.

Glad cooler weather is coming so you will have a break until the time is better for either replacement or repairs. I was told the average life of new appliances is 8 years! What a difference between yesteryear and today.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Leslie Kimel said...

I'm so glad it's cooler for you. That is definitely good news. . . . Your pictures are lovely, as usual. All the roses are delightful.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you
what a pleasure to view
your flowers.
At the moment concerned over 2 grandchildren in N.Y.
Take care....

Susan said...

More beautiful flowers to brighten my day. Glad you didn't get too much damage from Sandy's wind and rain. We only got wind here. I do hope she's not as bad as they're expecting.

Enjoy the cooler weather as you tend your beautiful flowers.

RURAL said...

Sounds as if your world isn't just raining, it's pouring.

The wonderful thing about blogging is the friendships, and support from other bloggers that help everyone get through their days.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Is that morning dew on the "Prosperity" roses? Very beautiful.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

The wind has started to pick up here. We are supposed to get winds starting now through tomorrow AM. Thanks for thinking of us, FL. Your flowers are amazing as usual. Will check in after it is done. Hoping we keep our power! xxoo Nancy

tina said...

That George MacDonald saying is a great one. Hope all is getting better.

Karen said...

Lorraine, you always brighten my day with your gentle posts and encouragement. Thank you, sweet lady!

GRACE PETERSON said...

Uh oh. What did I miss? I'm going to go back and read your previous post. I'm so sorry I've been away. Your flower photos amaze me. They're gorgeous. Take care.