Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rain, 4 o’clocks,

Good Sunday afternoon ~ It started out sunshiny, hot and humid this morning, then the clouds started gathering and thunder was heard in the distance, and a while later, we got a nice soaking.  Yesterday afternoon when I was at work, we had a horrible thunderstorm with lots of close lightening strikes and booming thunder, heavy rains.  It did that for about 30 –40 minutes then a break came and I left, as there was more coming from the east.  My boss had already said to get out of there when I could.  I drove through some rain, saw the sun shining through the clouds over the area where we live as I headed home. When I got here there had hardly been any rain at all.  DH said he could hear the thunder to the east, which was where I had been and the storm just kept heading south, didn’t really go west. Florida is known as the lightning capitol because of all the strikes that happen.  People know to take cover and I hate being out in something like that.

After super last night, I saw that the sky had a nice light so I went out with camera in hand.  I got a couple of cloud pictures, and some of 4 o’clocks that had opened.  I miss these if I don’t get outside at that time of day.

Here are the cloud shots.

09-24-clouds-pm

09-24-clouds-pm2

The 4 o’clocks.  I love their vibrant color and their sweet scent.

09-24-4oclocks-a

09-24-4oclocks

09-24-4oclocks2

09-24-4oclocks3

I loved seeing the sun shining through the front/west stained glass window in the gypsy shed. Two different stained glass windows will be put into the wood sections of the back/east wall.

09-24-gypsy-shed

09-24-gypsy-window

This is sweet Maggie.

09-24-maggie

Phyllis Bide

09-24-phyllis-bide

Here are the tin roof panels that DH painted this morning. He will be giving them a second coat, then they will get put on the roof of the gypsy shed.  He’s going to paint the flashing the same too.

09-25-tin-panels

While he was doing that I was working in my main garden area.  I got quite a bit done and wanted to keep working but something told me to quit.  It was very hot and humid and again I was sweating out, most likely, more than I was taking in. So I quit.  I checked the weather after coming in and it was 81, but felt like it was 98 and the humidity was at 78%.  Tomorrow is errand day, so I won’t be working in the garden again until probably Tuesday. 

I will be working at my job Wed-Sat this week. I am thankful for that.  My boss is out in TX doing the Round Top antique show. 

I have started on smaller heart sachets and am enjoying working on them.

Thank you all for your comments. I want to say that the goat’s milk soap is so luxurious.  It was rather easy to do and makes my skin feel so good.  *Goat’s milk soap helps maintain the perfect pH (or acidity) of the human skin and hair. It provides the "acid mantle", which is a slightly acidic layer on the skin that acts as a neutralizer when the body is attacked by microbial like, bacteria and viruses and other contaminants.

Goat milk is a rich source of protein which is important for building the structure of the body. It contains a good supply of minerals like phosphorous, calcium and potassium, as well as vitamins like riboflavin (vitamin B 2) and the amino acid tryptophan. These nutrients nourish the body and provide many health benefits. * Info found here.

I do hope all of you have a great week.  I hope you feel the love, peace and strength of God surrounding you and flowing through you. May your faith be strengthened in Him as you live each day. He is with us 24/7, 365 days a year, through good and bad times, through sickness and health. He is our strength when we are weak.

blog-beige-sig

14 comments:

Debi said...

Gosh that golden sky picture you took is "heavenly" to say the least. I hate you still have all that humidity down there in Florida. It's the worst. Looks like you'll be busy this coming week with a more days at work. Be thankful. Will boss man bring back some antiques?

gld said...

I didn't realize Flordida had so many lightening strikes. I would take cover too. I also won't talk on the phone when it is lightening!

I loved seeing inside the work shop more than seeing the panels...what a lot of goodies you all have in there.

The pictures were wonderful. I finally have 4 0'clocks but have never detected a fragrance. I will check again very early this morning.

Have a super week.

Darcie said...

Those cloud pictures are very neat, and your flowers...as always beautiful.

Hope the weather breaks for you a bit, you don't realize sometimes just how hot it can 'feel' like when humidity hits.

Happy errand day! :-)

Val said...

Wow, what a sky! I didn't know that about Florida and lightning--or maybe I did and forgot. But what a dramatic sky. Laura Ingalls Wilder referred to the sky outside her home's large picture windows as "living pictures" or something like that, and yes--With changing views all the time and such dramatic skies, how could one ever tire of looking?

HolleyGarden said...

The clouds shots are beautiful. And your garden looks very happy. I'm amazed at the mother-in-laws tongue planted beside the four o'clock. Your roses look nice, too. And that was interesting information about the goats milk soap!

Unknown said...

I love your gypsy shed!! I've never tried 4 o'clocks.I always thought they wouldn't grow in Florida.Now that I know they will,I'm gonna give them a try.Moon Flowers do well here,and smell so nice in the evening.

Susan said...

Hi Flowerlady...We are getting some much needed rain around here...Hurray! I love the look through your stained glass window...very nice. Have a great week!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

The images of the sky are beautiful. I have the most beautiful sunsets here by the edge of the woods. I remember my grandmother had 4 oclocks. Need to remember to get some seeds next Spring. Have a good evening and take care....

Lona said...

I love your cloud pictures with the sun peeking through. The 4 o'clocks are so pretty. I do not think mine are ever going to bloom. LOL! The gypsy shed is coming right along. The stained glass window looks so nice in the back end.Have a wonderful week.

GRACE PETERSON said...

Whew! I'm so glad you made it home without being caught in the storm. Love your 4 o'clocks and your sky photos. Have a great week. Yes, God is good!

Becky said...

The clouds have really been putting on their own show here as well. Greg (son) came in and grabbed his film camera to try to capture last nights interesting clouds so I followed and took some digital shots for my blog. They looked like intestines across the sky.

Miss Gracie's House said...

You captured the beauty in the clouds perfectly!
Have a great week,
Rene

NanaK said...

Beautiful cloud and light pictures. The gypsy shed is going to be really nice. Enjoy your week!

sweetbay said...

Marvelous golden light in your pictures. The four o'clocks look wonderful with the aloes (?).

NC is the state with the second most number of lightening strikes, after Florida!