Thursday, January 6, 2011

More blooms, more painted tile work

Good morning everyone. Hope you have a great day today wherever you are.

I took some more bloom photos and a couple of pix of the 'faux' tile work that DH did yesterday, which turned out to be an all day project. He has one more section to work on today, after he does drainage improvement, as this area does sometimes get rain. We have drainage now but he's improving on it.

The steps into the house are about 60 years old, and have a lot of shell rock in them, that's why they look different than the newer concrete.





George Tabor azalea


Borderer


I keep forgetting what this is because I've been calling it Flame Vine, but I believe someone told me it is Cape something or other.


Firecracker plant


Louis Philippe


Mm. Laurette Messimy


Hibiscus



Lord, make us mindful of the little things

that grow and blossom

in these days

to make the world beautiful for us.

W.E.B. du Bois




Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL

12 comments:

Darla said...

Your husband's handy work is turning out very nice. Beautiful blooms for today!

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful! So nice to see this time of year. Love your roses. Good job on the bricks/tile. Hope you have a good day.

NanaK said...

Wonderful job on that tilework. You sure have a lot of nice flowers after our cold weather. Of course, I know you stay a bit warmer where you are than where I am. I'm waiting on some LP buds to open that I'm afraid are going to be a bit wonky since they were frozen.

Mama Mess said...

Hubby's faux painting is fabulous! It even looks to have depth. Amazing! Your flowers are once again simply lovely to look at!

Susan said...

Hi Flowerlady...That tile work is looking GREAT. I bet it's a back-breaking job for your hubby, but well worth the finished product. Could your flowering vine e Cape Honeysuckle? Love, love, love your rose pics! Hope you're getting some rain. Things are looking brighter around here already.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

The "tile" looks great. When I first saw the photo, I thought, "what are they tiling?" Great job.

L. D. said...

Great Faux painting and great blooms too.

Lona said...

Hi FL. I am so loving the look of your Faux tile work. I think it is looking so wonderful and it looks so real. Such beautiful rose blooms. Thanks for the flowers.

Gayle said...

LOVE the tile painting!!! I thought it was real in the photo. Had to read the text to learn it's faux. Wonderful. Makes the spot look homey and welcoming.

Annie said...

Love the FireCracker plant.

jerilanders said...

Good job hubby, I thought it WAS real tile!

sweetbay said...

Your husband did a great job painting the faux tile! I love Mm. Laurette Messimy, she looks so sweet.