Thursday, May 20, 2010

Laundry Soap Recipe Link/Onion Bread Recipe


Good afternoon Friends ~ This morning I got out kind of early, around 8, to clean up what I had pruned/weeded/trimmed yesterday morning. A loaf of onion bread was making in my bread machine. I love that tool. I came in for awhile after that, read some email. A lady had emailed asking about our pvc pipe and lattice arbor, so I spent some time looking up pictures for her, then I headed back outside to mow, because the dew/rain should have dried off by then. It had and I got that done, then showered and it was about time for lunch. Sandwiches made with freshly made bread. Yummy.

Onion Bread 1.5 lb. loaf

1 c. plus 2 tbs. water
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 tbs. margarine or butter, softened (I used 1 tbs. olive oil)
3 1/4 c. bread flour
2 tbs. sugar
1 tbs. dry milk
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. yeast

1. Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan.
2. Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
3. Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour your yeast there.
4. Snap the pan into breadmaker and close the lid.
5. Select Basic setting.
6. Choose your crust color.
7. Press Start and around 3 hours later you'll have a wonderful loaf of homemade yeast bread.




I posted about the homemade laundry detergent recipe last year. Here is the link, Laundry Detergent Recipe.

Well, now it's time to get up and start supper. It will be brown and wild rice with homemade navy bean soup served on top, with the onion bread, and a glass or two of wine. After supper I hope to get clean laundry folded and put away. I'm such a procrastinator. :-)


Hope you all have a pleasant evening and a great day tomorrow. I'm working at my job tomorrow and Sat., so there will be no gardening those two days, except for maybe some handwatering if we don't get more rain.

Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL

4 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Well, flower lady, you are one energetic and awesome one! Great recipe, thank you so much for sharing!

Nancy

Jenny wren's nest said...

My bread machine is my favorite tool also. I have a recipe dill bread that uses cottage cheese in it, That bread make the whole house smell so good.
Jenny

sweetbay said...

The bread looks wonderful. I'll have to try out the recipe.

Gayle said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!