Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gray, drizzly day

Hi Folks ~ It's been gray all day and lightly drizzling off and on, so it's been an indoor day.

Yesterday we went to the veggie market and I bought about 2 lbs. of ginger, so that I could make some candied ginger. Needless to say, the ginger scent filling the air is wonderful. I've made candied ginger twice before and it's great. Good for your health too, even the little bit of sugar you get. I don't candy it all as I keep out some in a jar with the syrup for Thai dishes, and will also be using some of the syrup to make homemade ginger ale. Haven't tried that before but saw a recipe for it online this morning. It sounds easy and delicious.

I hope to do a little embroidery this afternoon, but we'll see how things go. I feel like a nap so that may be where I'm headed next.

Below are a couple pictures I took the other day of another of my favorite roses, Penelope.




Happy Spring ~ Happy Gardening




Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL


7 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Penelope is beautiful. It is grey and dreary here too.

Floridagirl said...

Our day so far was gray and drizzly as well, though I can see the sun shining on the lanai right now. : ) Post-rain, I *should* be out there weeding right now. I love your Penelope rose!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful color on that rose. The candied ginger sounds wonderful. How do you do it? Kay Guest

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Yesterday was our day for grey and drizzly...today is sunny and bright again...I hope it passes as quickly for you.

I have made candied ginger before. The smell it perfumes the house with is lovely...and the ginger quite addictive...much tastier than what you could get at the store.

Penelope is lovely. Such a beautiful delicate color. I pruned back all my roses quite severely this year, so no blooms yet here.

Hope you get a chance to take that nap--it sounds like a wonderful plan.

gld said...

It's gray and drizzly...and cold here today too.

I love Penelope! I have that one.

Jim Groble said...

Bummer on the grey. The suns been out for two days! I finally understand day light savings time. I can weed afte i get home from work. jim

sweetbay said...

Penelope is beautiful. I haven't had candied ginger before but have heard about it on Food Network -- it sounds really wonderful.