Saturday, March 27, 2010

Continual work in progress


Good evening Folks ~ Thank you all for your posts this past week while I recuperated from my dentist visit. I only had to take two pain pills the first 24 hours, and one Tylenol the next day, that was it. I feel so much better having that tooth out.

Below is one of my gardens which are all a continual work in progress. I am a country girl at heart, growing tropical/cottage gardens where summers are hot and humid and we have the threat of hurricanes until the end of Nov. I garden on a shoe string, loving every minute of it and thankful for my many blessings. The leaning pine tree in the picture is the one that came down into the shed during Wilma. We left this part and use it as support for the awning out over my potting bench. I'll show that another time.

The temps are warming up here. Yesterday it reached the mid 80's and was very humid, so I turned on the a.c. during the day and turned it off in the middle of the night. It was cool when we woke up this morning and was not as humid as yesterday, so the a.c. stayed off.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday and a great pre-Easter week.








Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL


3 comments:

Lona said...

I love that you left part of the pine tree in the bed. It looks so natural there. Right now my mind is running through all the possibilities that one could do with a leaning tree.LOL! It makes a wonderful trellis.

Mrs. Mac said...

Oh to be so green in March (or all year) ... we're just starting to green up ... it will be another two weeks or so ... then life will be in technicolor and winter's gray scape will be a thing of the past ... for a while ...

sweetbay said...

I love the use of the felled tree in your garden. It looks wonderful.

Glad to hear you're feeling better!