Thursday, July 31, 2014

My First Dragonfly

Good morning Folks ~ I feel much better this morning.  Had a good night’s sleep and today is a new day.

Since I started ribbon embroidery and seeing the tutorials on Crafty Attic, I have wanted to make a dragonfly, and here is my first attempt. It could be better as this guy has a vertebrae out of whack and his antennae could be longer as could the little pointy things at the end of his tail. It was fun to do and I am looking forward to doing these guys in different colors.

07-31-first-dragonfly

The symbolic meanings of dragonflies are the following:

adaptability and transformation,

joy and lightness of being.

Have a great day or evening wherever you are. I’m planning to do some straightening up here in my little cottage, make a loaf of banana bread, and just enjoy the day.

FlowerLady

14 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Sweetie, I just read both of your posts... I am so sorry at what you are going through. Life can be so hard for ALL of us at times.. AND---the summer heat doesn't help I'm sure... God Bless You, Lorraine.

On a happier note, I love love love your Dragonfly. What a beauty.. WOW!!!

Take care.. Prayers for you.
Hugs,
Betsy

Val said...

I love his wings.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are so very creative. I love the colour of this dragonfly.

lil red hen said...

He's wonderful! So much talent!

Gary said...

Good morning Lorraine,
I'm afraid that I would be quite useless when it comes to skilled stitching of any kind. Glad that you are feeling a little more upbeat today. Enjoy that homemade banana bread, it sounds delicious. I think I would have mine with lots of hot custard, but then I'm just a pig! Have a good and peaceful weekend.

Sunray Gardens said...

Very pretty. It's nice that you have such a wonderful hobby to keep you occupied.
Cher Sunray Gardens

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Oooh, very nice!I love how you put the symbolism :-)
Many Blessings and warmth, Linnie

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Dragon flies are so pretty and I love how you made this one.

Sandra said...

Oh Lorraine, I love your dragonfly, and the symbolism is wonderful too.

Hope you're having a good Friday night.

Hugs and love,
Sandra

tina said...

Dragonflies are so awesome. Very beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi dear heart. Love the dragonfly. It's been too long...since I've written I mean. So sorry. Had a lot on my plate for awhile, then got quite sick. But God is good. I am back on track, grateful as always, for the Lord's mercy, kindness, patience, and love.
Take care.
Love you much.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Love your dragon fly
beautiful.
So much talent
in so many ways
you have :)

M.K. said...

Very lovely!

Jillayne said...

not out of whack, he's just lived a lot!
A delightful creature Lorraine...