Monday, October 10, 2022

Recent email -- trying to post again ;-)

Good morning Friends, Thank you MK for letting me know that there really was no post, just a title. I had a whole post done, thought I had uploaded it as I had previewed it and hit the publish button, but alas, empty page.

I wanted to let a sweet reader/follower know that I am not ignoring her recent email. It went to my gmail account, and I hit the wrong button on my iphone and it disappeared, not in trash or spam, and the gmail account has changed and I've not been in there in awhile. So, I hope she reads this post. I believe her name is Susan. I put my normal email addy in my profile. Your email blessed me more than words can say, and I do want to respond to you via email.

It is a new day and may I rejoice and be glad in it. Hopefully no more blunders!! Yesterday my friend Wendy came over and we worked in the main garden. It was hot and humid, we were both soaked when we finished. I may get out and do some more this morning. We had beautiful cool weather last week, but Sunday morning it was back to heat and humidity. We're supposed to have cooler weather the end of this week. Time will tell.

Here are some pics of the rose 'Tiffany', a gift from Wendy and her husband for my bday in March. The scent is wonderful!!!




 I am working on a seating area under the awning of the pole barn. It is more peaceful back there and near the new garden space that I'm also working on. When I went out the other morning to start working, I started taking rocks and debris out of a crumbling plastic pot. What a neat surprise I found right off the bat. A heart rock. My dear hubby was always giving me heart shaped things he found and I miss those little gifts. Every now and then I find rocks and leaves in a heart shape and save them, and I thank Jesus for those little reminders of love.


 The other night I had a short dream of my dear husband. He turned and looked at me with the  most beautiful smile on his face, then I woke up. It was wonderful to have had that, but sad that he wasn't here 'really' smiling at me. But I will take the dream smile, it made me feel loved and happy.

 I've been watching different uplifting you-tube videos on anxiety, depression, healing, living a simple life, etc. Much encouragement and hope. My hope is in Jesus, Creator of the universe and all that is in it. He is Almighty God, my strength, my protector, provider, healer and as a widow, He is my husband. 1 Peter 5:7 is a very special verse to me as it is one my dear husband called out to me as I came in the door, home from work one day, when he was bedridden a little less than a month from when God would call him home. It says this:

"Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you." 

This is an everyday, minute by minute choice to be made. To not choose to cast my cares on Him is to carry a burden I'm not meant to carry. He is my burden bearer. He can be yours as well. Just call on Him. He desires a close relationship with each of us, daily, not just once a week if/when we go to church. He is our friend, our Savior. He promises to never leave us.

May you all have a great week. Count your blessings. Tell your loved ones that you love them. Encourage and pray for others. Give someone a hug. Hugs are precious!!

That's it for now, and I hope this post goes up when I hit the update button. ;-)

Love, hugs and prayers,

FlowerLady


6 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Lorraine. Lovely post! Yes, each day is a gift from God. I love that little heart shaped rock you found. So glad you found your pastor's preaching comforting and peace-giving. I am always glad to hear from you via posts on your blogs. See you again soon!

M.K. said...

Hi, FL -- I don't see a blog post up there. It only says "Recent Email."

Lynn and Precious said...

Lorraine, it is a gift from God to have friends, in person or on the internet, who share uplifting words for the soul. We could all use that in this life. As usual, I so enjoy seeing your flowers. We have had 31 degree mornings 3 in a row after 2 weeks of colder than normal end of Sept. A bit warmer in the afternoons the middle of this week and then back to colder than normal for mid October. Speaks of a bad winter, I am afraid. But if this brings you some end of heat and humidity for gardening easier and more often, that is good news. Lynn and Precious

Debbie Nolan said...

Lorraine such a wonderful post. Yes we certainly need to cast our burdens on Him. Why is that so hard to do? Thank you for your encouraging words. P.S. Love your rose too. Hugs!

Anne Payne said...

Cyber space does what it will at times. It's a blessing and a curse.
Glimpses of our loved ones in dreams is a gift indeed.
Blessings, my friend!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your rose of Tiffany is so pretty, Lorraine. My roses didn't do well up here in the mountains this year, only a few blooming. Maybe next year. We have been in a drought situation in California, so that doesn't help any. A special heart-shaped rock you found. I also find hearts in nature - rocks, leaves, clouds, and such. That sounds like a comforting dream you had. Yes, Jesus is always there for us. All we have to do is call out to Him. So good of your friend to come over and help you work in the garden. I've been wanting to do that, but I do not like the squirrels, and they seem to be all around right now if the Fall. ; )

A happy October month to you, Lorraine.

~Sheri