Thursday, April 1, 2021

Have a lovely Easter - Resurrection Sunday

Hello Friends ~ I have to say that Easter is the holiday that makes my heart soar. I love Christmas and what it means, it is when God came down in the flesh as baby Jesus. 

He grew up into the man/God who would give His life for the sins of the whole world, because of His great love for us all. He died a cruel death so that we might have life eternal with him, and also have life here with him as we trust him for our daily living. He didn't just die though, he arose from the dead, conquering death. 

 



On the 21st of this month my pastor gave these 7 verses of Jesus describing who He is in the book of John.

I will share them here.

1. I AM the Bread of Life.  ( John 6:35)

2. I AM the Light of the world  ( John 8:12)

3. I AM the Door  ( John 10:7,9)

4. I AM the Good Shepherd  ( John 10:11,14)

5. I AM the Resurrection and the Life   ( John 11:25-27)

6. I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life  ( John 14:6) 

7. I AM the True Vine  ( John 15:1-6)

I find the verses from the Old Testament that mention God as I AM very comforting and after that sermon with the above verses, I got up around midnight one night because I was sick from a bad cold and read this verse:  

"Fear not, for I AM with you. 

Do not be dismayed. I AM your God. 

I WILL strengthen you; 

I WILL help you; 

I WILL uphold you with my victorious right hand."

 Isaiah 41:10 (TLB)

 

 Jesus is The Great I AM, always loving us, wanting a close relationship with us. 

If you don't know Him yet, my prayer is that you will seek Him, learn of Him, let Him speak to your heart, may you hear His gentle, loving whisper telling you,

 

"Be still, and know that I am God

(Psalms 46:10)

~~~

 "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you."

(Isaiah 43:5) 

~~~

 Happy Easter

from

FlowerLady

at Plum Cottage




 

 

 

 

21 comments:

gretchenjoanna said...

Amen and amen!

May your Easter be appropriately bursting with joy.

Vee said...

Now that's a Bible study right there. I'm going to follow along tomorrow.

Hope that that cold is on the mend.

ellen b. said...

I love the 'I Ams' and that's one of my favorite Easter songs! A very blessed Easter weekend to you!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hope you have a lovely Easter filled with sweet blessings. Hugs xo K

Ann said...

Have a happy Easter

Lynn and Precious said...

Happy Easter, Lorraine. I feel blessed with this holy day. Lynn

lil red hen said...

Thank you for this lovely post!

Anne Payne said...

This is truly a hopeful and encouraging post. I hope many hearts are softened toward our Saviour after reading it. Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday, Rainey!! Love you, my friend!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you for sharing these very special verses, Lorraine. Be Still and know that I am God is one of my very favorite ones. Happy Easter to you, dear Lorraine.

~Sheri

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love Jesus telling us who He is. All the comfort and assurance one needs, right there.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is comforting to know that through any trials Jesus is with us. Wishing you a wonderful Easter as well.

Terra said...

Amen. Jesus is the great I AM. Easter is so joyful because believers celebrate that he died to promise each of us who follow him eternal life with him. The world's great gift.

BeachGypsy said...

happy happy happy Easter Lorraine, may you have a beautiful and blessed day full of love.

M.K. said...

Thank you for these beautiful words of truth and joy! I also find Easter to be the day that makes my heart soar with joy and near disbelief at the miracle God did, in raising Jesus and in saving us!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Thank you, Lorraine, for sharing your thoughts. I agree with you that while Christmas is wonderful, it is Easter that "makes my heart soar." Love the "I am" verses. I hope you are recovering from your cold, and that you had a perfectly lovely Easter. Keep inspiring us with your faithful life! Hugs, Nancy

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a joy-filled, life-giving post, Lorraine! And I love that old hymn.
Wishing you a beautiful week ahead. Brenda xo

thefisherlady said...

Hallelujah Christ arose~ always makes my spirit soar...
Flower Lady, I wanted to share some Canadian singers ~ sisters who sang a beautiful rendition of Hallelujah~ I hope it blessed you

Debra said...

I am so happy I found your blog.

Rebecca said...

Ok. I'm missing you terribly! Are you OK?

BeachGypsy said...

you doing okay Lorraine??--Been missing your posts----it's been awhile. Hope all is well with you and you are happy and healthy. Thinking of you. God bless.

Unknown said...

How I miss your posts! As with Rebecca & Beach Gypsy, I'm concerned about you! Sure hope you're too busy having fun and enjoying the good Lord's blessings instead of something else. Praying all is well with you so hope you can post again soon!! You've always been a blessing and I've been very thankful for your posts!
Bobbie