Friday, April 30, 2021

April almost gone

Hello Friends ~ Sorry I've not been around, and thanks to those who have checked up on me. I caught a cold just after my bday, took herbal remedies and teas, and also some Nyquil to sleep at night. I still have a bit of a cough and post nasal drip, but I'm much better than I was.

The scrap metal that was around the property is G O N E!! Monday Juvenal took the last load. Since the 15th of February he did 18 trips to the scrap yard and my oh my how much lighter I feel having that 'long time coming' job finished. I've still wood to be cut down to size for pick up and other odds and ends that need to be put out for pick up also, plus raking up all kinds of debris. All in good time.

Juvenal did a fantastic job and was an answer to prayer. After he left yesterday I sat outside feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and was so thankful to God for working everything out. It took a little over 8 years for this to happen, but God worked it out at the right time, helping Juvenal and myself. I am oh so thankful for God's tender care.

Wednesday after ladies Bible study one of my new friends and I talked, and she has felt in her heart to help me with my property clean up, etc. She has worked on a farm, done landscaping and she and her husband have an excavating business. I don't know who is more excited about this joint venture, she or myself, but we both are and she will come over next Wed. after BS to check things out here at Plum Cottage. This is another answer to prayer. I've not met anyone who gardens (in real life) and have wanted someone I could work with here, to help me get a handle on it. When we first met a few weeks back, we clicked. She was a widow, a young one when her husband passed, was single for 15 years, then remarried 16 years ago. We both look forward to getting to know each other better.

The property where scrap was taken from looks a real mess with stuff laying all over the place. But, I feel oh so motivated with having the scrap all gone, and help from this new friend. My friend Sean, trimmed the front hedgerow jasmine a week ago today. It was at least 10 ft tall. He is ready to cut back/cut up other stuff also. He has been a huge help, as I've shared with you before!

So much has happened here in the last few months. I've worked right along with Sean and tree trimming, Sean and Stan with fencing, and Juvenal with clearing scrap. One of these days, I plan to get a post put together of all that has gone on here, before and after photos. Not ready for that just yet. ;-)

Ok, here are some floral candy pics. I know that a lot of you are now able to see your gardens bursting forth in glorious spring delights and I am happy for you.


















 

Here is the latest 'found' heart.


 ******

My pastor brought up recently the passage of scripture from Ezekiel 37:1-14 about dead bones coming to life again, which as believers in Jesus, we believe will happen to all who have died believing in Him. It reminded me of a painting my dear husband painted many years ago. (He had met an eccentric, wealthy art collector and this gentleman collected self-portraits of artists to go into a museum where he had them on view. So, this is what my husband came up with to paint. It is of the two of us, I'm holding a cat skull, and hubby has a dog skull and of course there's a replica of a human skull. He also made the picture frame with 4 miniature skulls.)

******

Jesus said to his disciples after his resurrection, in Luke 24:39, 

“Behold my hands and my feet, 

that it is I myself: 

handle me, and see; 

for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." 

Right now, the whole of creation is waiting for the resurrection as it says in, Romans 8:19,

For the earnest expectation of the creature 

waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. KJV

I like how it is put in The Passion Translation, 

The entire universe is standing on tiptoe, 

yearning to see the unveiling of God’s glorious sons and daughters! TPT

 

 

 

If you want to be a resurrected son or daughter of Jesus, our Great Creator, God and King, then I pray that you will call out to him, asking him to be your Savior. We have all sinned and come short of God's glory, but through Jesus' death and resurrection we are assured life eternal, and life abundant here and now. 

In John 10:10 we read Jesus' words, "The thief (Satan the devil) cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: 

I am come that they might have life, 

and that they might have it more abundantly.

******

That's it for now. It's time for some breakfast and to go outside to enjoy God's glorious creation.

May your days be filled with love, peace and joy, forgiveness, encouragement and all that you need to live a contented life in Jesus.

 FlowerLady






14 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Lorraine, so glad the cold was only a cold and you are getting over it.
What work it has been for you getting all that scrap removed! Your friend
Juvenal did hard labor. I'm so glad you have relief in this project.
And your flowers are eye candy to say the least. I really enjoy seeing
your crochet project. Good choice in color mix. Take care and don't try
to do it all in a day. We are expecting frost again tonight. So the annuals
I put in pots are now in the house again. Hoping it is the end of it,
but May 15 is the frost deadline date up here. Lynn and Precious XX

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So thankful you are better now. Colds are so miserable, aren't they? So glad that is all it was. You certainly have gotten a LOT of work done and I know how good you must feel to have it done finally. Now to start putting things back together and prettying it up...one day at a time. Kind of like "can these dead bones come to life?"...When we see our yards and gardens all brown and dead and looking like nothing will ever come of them again, and then the spring rains come and voila! The flowers start blossoming out and the trees get green leaves again and the grass grows and needs to be cut! God's beautiful cycle of life. The portrait your husband painted is very thought provoking. Thank you for this interesting post. It's good to see you are doing well.

Olde Dame Holly said...

What an amazing piece of work that portrait is. Even the frame is incredible. "Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones." We will indeed rise and live again when Jesus comes for us. What a glory day that will be! Glad you are better. Your photos are so beautiful. That one light purple-blooming plant, it has such strange and beautiful flowers. Your photos remind me of the incredible power of the Lord.

Kit said...

Hello my dear friend! So glad that you are getting some help with your gardens.The good lord Gives us helpers. Spring is finally coming to Montana. My trees are starting to leave out and my tulips are blooming. I am so excited!Have a great weekend and don't try and do too much.Your afghan is just beautiful Love, KK

Unknown said...

Glad you're getting over your cold and feeling better. So happy for you that all that scrap metal is cleared from your property. God has certainly put a lot of people in your path to help you at Plum cottage. He is good like that isn't he? And yes Jesus is indeed my personal lord and savior. Without that hope for eternal life where would we be? Take care and be safe.

Ann said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better. A cold can sure drag you down sometimes. I'm also happy to hear you have had so much help getting things done. I know how overwhelming it can get when you have all kinds of work to do and you just don't know how you'll ever get it done.

Vee said...

How wonderful to have helpers come alongside to aid you in getting those frustrating things taken care of. I know the feeling.

Thank you for the beautiful flower photos. I have forsythia, daffodils, lilacs, and azaleas. It's still pretty cool so perhaps these posies will last longer than usual.

Take care and have fun with the projects. Don't overdo!

Homemaker's Heart said...

Hello! It's good to hear you are doing better. And the blessing of the woman from Bible Study. God is watching over you and never leaves us! Can you tell what the beautiful purple one is that is so unique? That one just fascinates me.
I know you will feel a sense of relief when the new friend comes to help with cleanup and to organize things a bit. From my experience, being limited with how much I can do physically, I find it frustrating when I want things done and can't. As I'm aging, I am finding that looking at my own perception, trying to see the good and blessings instead of frustrations. Such as: what is the good or useful part of not being able to clean up the place as I want - God's timing has led someone to connect with. :-) Hugs to you!!!! PS, You know I always love pictures that your bears and lovely couch are in the background. I just love them!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad you are getting better.I'm also happy for you that you are getting good help with all the work. It must make the load so much lighter.

ellen b. said...

Good to hear you are feeling better. What a relief for you to have all the scrap gone. Sounds like you were sent just the right worker for the job. Hope your new gardening venture with your new friend is a blessing to all. The portrait is so interesting. What a glorious day it will be when we are snatched up to be with Jesus!

Debbie said...

It's been quite a while since I have been here!! Sorry to hear you were ill, but happy that you are better now. How nice to finally have things taken care of, and you are able to move ahead. The pictures of all of your flowers are wonderful! The Bible verses you shared warm my heart, and keep that hope in our hearts for Jesus to return for His church. God Bless you! xxoo

Hootin Anni said...

You getting help with your yard/landscaping is a prayer answered. Take care of yourself so there won't be a relapse.

Beautiful blossoms.

L. D. said...

Great post. I worked with my brother-in-law on a family farm picking up metal every single day for many weeks. It was my wife's family farm and he though we should clear it before we sold it. We had piles of old car wheels and old tractor parts. Some things were not identifiable. I had forgotten that experience. That brother-in-law is now in dimentia and has to be monitored all the time. Anyway, getting your place cleared does give you a new life and more energy. The flower pictures continue to wow me. I should have iris blooms soon.

M.K. said...

The Lord has certainly sent help your say, just when you were ready and needed it! How amazing! So glad you are getting rid of things you needed to, and feel that sense of relief and friendship :)