Monday, September 14, 2020

Fall is coming

Hello Folks ~ Here it is the middle of September already. It's been over a month since I last posted, the longest I've ever gone between posts. This whole planet situation that we've been in for the last 6 months has knocked us all for a loop, some worse than others. What is going on here in the US has also caused and is causing much concern. My prayers go out for all situations not just here, but all around the world. No matter what we are going through, we can know that God is with us if we truly believe in Him. He didn't promise any of us an easy life, but He has promised to never leave us.

These last 6 months have been a lesson of patience, trust, faith, hope, putting one foot in front of the other, finding the good and beautiful in each new day, and being thankful in all things. Not always easy, but our lives will be better if we do learn along the way.

There is so much negativity, so much focus on all that is bad, on things that make us fearful, filled with dread, etc. etc. We need to step away from all of that, and focus on the positive. A lot of people have stepped away from some of the social media they were involved in. 

I read blogs, watch you-tube (free entertainment), I've read a LOT, work in my gardens, (weather permitting), do little projects inside, and crochet. Life will never be like it was, it's a time of taking each day as it comes and doing our best with each one.

I've watched some lovely, soothing vlogs that inspire me. Here are three gentle ones. These are by young ladies, and I'm an older lady, but their thoughts speak to my heart and spur me on.

My Life is Ordinary ~ and that's Perfect

 

This was a lovely wedding during this pandemic. This young woman is quite creative in all that she does. I've been following her vlog for awhile now because of the peace that she shares from her faith in God.


The 'joy' of this young lady is catching.



I've had some up and down times, which I know I'm not alone in during this time. My small a.c. clogged up so that one morning I stepped into water on the scullery's floor. Oh my goodness, I'd not even made coffee yet. I turned the a.c. off and proceeded to mop up and do some cleaning out at the same time. I had to move a little cupboard that I store canned goods in, and once that was moved out from under the ac, I then emptied and cleaned the lazy susan that is under the sink's counter.


After I cleaned it and the space where it had been, I moved it back into place as well as moved the metal cabinet back where it had been. Then one of the doors came off the cabinet and  after much trial and error trying to get it back on, a piece at the bottom of cabinet came off that the door sat and pivoted on came off. That did it, I decided to just take the other door off.

I looked in my 'stash' of material and found a hemmed curtain I had made using fabric covered in rose buds. It doesn't 'match' the other skirt, but it will work for now. (Another idea just came to mind, and I'll see later if that will work. It's using another curtain of the same material as is under the sink, just more cutting and sewing to be done.) ;-)


 The other day I visited a blog I've enjoyed through the years, but she hasn't posted lately. She's a photographer and her photos are beautiful, so gentle. You can visit her below.

Leavesnbloom

After visiting her blog, I googled how to blur backgrounds using different programs, one of them I have is Gimp, and I also have an 'old' Corel PSP art program and after playing around with it I was able to blur my backgrounds. Not the quality or atmospheric mood that she creates, but it will work for me. It was fun to figure out 'how' to do it and I was glad of that little accomplishment.

This little rose if Mlle. Blanche Lafitte


 Here she is the day before.

 



Below is my wonderful 'hugs-n-kisses' hibiscus. First photo in the morning, the other in the late afternoon, with my shadow covering the bloom.  


Believe it or not, this is the same flower.

 




I've been crocheting a baby blanket for a vlogging couple who after having had 4 boys, just had a sweet little baby girl, Lillian Faith. Isn't that a lovely name? In July their whole family was in their vehicle and was t-boned which cause their vehicle to flip. The baby, not yet born was fine, and everyone else was bruised but non seriously hurt.

Here's the blanket I'm working on. I had the green and lighter pink yarns, but ordered the white and the dusty pink. I only was able to make a certain amount of the lighter pink roses.

 

This lighter pink rose, was made wrongly, but it shows the color. 


My sweet supervisor sleeping on the job.

 


Ok, I'm getting hungry and also a little frustrated with working in the new blogger. I saw where you can add new fonts, but it doesn't always work the way I want it to. More practice will make perfect, I hope. For now, this is enough.

More to share at a later time.

Love, hugs and prayers for all of you,

FlowerLady 

The photo below is a screen capture from zoom time.



 


7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It is so nice to see and read a post from you. I have sporadic in the blog world due to hubby's health issues.
I am sorry about the water mess..but you got it taken care of and found a little curtain coverup that works great.
It is a weird time for all of us with Covid. Florida has been hit really hard! I am with you and think things will never go back to what they used to be...and maybe that's okay. I don't know what people without faith do.
Love and blessings to you- xo Diana

ellen b. said...

Good to see you and hear from you. Glad you are finding encouragement where you can. The photos are very pretty from your new program. It's always good to be reminded that God is still on His throne and will never be de-throned. He loves his children and cares for them. Have a good last full week of summer!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

This 'down' time is a good time to learn new things. You have been doing well with that.

M.K. said...

A lovely post, FL, and so peaceful, which as you say is what we all need now. Peace, not fear and distress. I enjoyed the videos too. Such beautiful rose buds! Thank you.

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Hi Lorraine,
Check out Bealtaine Cottage on YouTube. She's our age and you'll lover her! Let me know what you think,
Sue

Lynn and Precious said...

Well, you certainly had your hands full with extra house keeping not planned
with that wet air conditioner. Your cabinet curtain looks like it fits the
bill for now, just fine. Your flowers are always glorious to see. And
Miss Tork helping with the crocheted block for the baby blanket. Another
ambitious project for you.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Good thinking with the new skirt Lorraine... you've probably started hemming the other fabric by now.

Thank you so much for linking to my blog. My backgrounds blur because of the lenses I use, but for anyone who doesn't have that sort of gear then something like Gimp is a good alternative. But if someone wanted to buy a photo editing program - something like Affinity is good.

I had a little look at the blogs in your sidebar. So many names that I recognize, and so few of them are regularly posting nowadays. I suppose we all have seasons of life and move on to do new things. Some have moved from blogs to just social media, while for me I just needed to start a new blog for a new phase of life I was going through. But now I'm excited to start sharing on my older blog again and finally opening the comments again. It's even better when former blog readers like you reach out and give encouragement through their kind words. Thank you :)