Wednesday, August 5, 2020

This and that

Hello Folks ~ It is a little after 5 p.m. EST. We had rain again this morning, and then finally the sun came out. There's a bit of breeze. With all of the rain we've been getting, grass mowing is a weekly event. I usually end up doing it just in time when I have a bit of dryness to the grass, then the rains come later in the day or the next day. There's no way I'm keeping ahead of all that's growing in my tropical cottage jungle. I try to just go with the flow.

The next day after Isaias passed us by, we had a beautiful sunset. I just happened to look out my window and saw the peachy sky, so grabbed my phone and headed outside. It was wonderful.




This afternoon I decided to fill caps with Moringa powder. I did up 100, takes maybe 30 min. Bought this little capsule filling tool years ago when filling caps with herbal powders that we bought in bulk. It works great.

Moringa has LOTS of health benefits. If you do a google search you'll find lots of websites about this 'miracle tree'. I found it by searching for something natural to boost energy levels and general health.

I bought Moringa powder last year and have been sporadically filling caps. I am a procrastinator big time. I usually take 3 in the mornings. They will help clean you out if you know what I mean. ;-)



The other afternoon I was starting to get attacked by 'down' feelings again when a shape in my little antique rug caught my eye. I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before.

My dear husband gave me this rug one Christmas probably 30 years ago. We had an antique shop at the time, and this little rug was bought with several others. It just grabbed my heart, something about it as it is handmade and old. It has several rips in it which sit under the little table that's on it. The funny thing about this is, I did not miss it from the shop's floor in the little side room where it was, so was totally surprised to see it as my gift that year.




Then after taking pics of it, I saw another one to the left of first one.



My dear husband used to give me hearts of all shapes and sizes, some found, some he made, and others gotten here and there. I miss that, but, God blesses me with hearts and His love is shown in them and the ways they show up when I need to be 'loved'.

The other day, it was the heart cloud. Here it is in case you missed it.


God loves us all and wants a loving relationship with each of us. Times are rough these days and can be scary also. Whatever we are going through, if we believe Jesus is our Savior, He has promised to never leave us alone. He goes with us through everything that comes our way. He did not promise us an easy life. He is our strength when we are weak and He wants us to draw closer to Him and trust Him with everything.

That's it for now.
Let love, peace and joy fill your hearts.
See the beauty in each new day,
be kind and forgiving.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

25 comments:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Lorraine. That is really a pretty little rug. What a wonderful surprise for you. Love the heart cloud, it was definitely a sign for you to see. I'm glad the storm passed you by. It looked pretty wicked on some of the news. The sunsets are gorgeous..Stay well sweet friend and take care..xxoJudy

gretchenjoanna said...

Oh, yes! What a beauty of a sunset. Thank you, Lorraine!

How special that your beloved rug goes on giving to you, on behalf of your hubby. <3

Ann said...

We've been getting rain here and I haven't been so good at keeping ahead of the mowing.
I love those little signs we find.

Lynn and Precious said...

If you are open to viewing the world around you, then lovely things just
show themselves. The hearts in the beautiful rug, which the colors are
perfect,, and the cloud heart. So glad to see you had wonderful sky after
the rain and possibility of hurricane. I believe Jesus presents Himself to
us only if we are believers and open in heart, such as yourself.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sunset is amazing,another gift from God.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm glad you are blessed with lovely sunsets. We never have any clouds so the sun just sinks behind a mountain.
xx, Carol

Homemaker's Heart said...

Hello! Your picture of the sunset was so beautiful I had to get my husband to show him. My favorite is the cloud. I love looking for pictures in clouds. Thank you for such a lovely reminder of the heart and God's love.

Melanie said...

Your sunset photos are so pretty. Glad you didn't get any damage from the hurricane. Moringa is supposed to be good for you, but one has to be careful if on medications for high blood pressure, diabetes or thyroid disease. Have to talk to your dr first. And yes, if you take too much, it causes gastrointestinal issues.

I love finding signs from loved ones...in your case, hearts. What a beautiful surprise and comfort!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Awww..loved your beautiful post. Gorgeous sunset photos, oh my! And how thrilling to find those hearts 'everywhere'. a little gift from heaven. What a sweetheart of a husband, and how consoling to be reminded of his love for you all those years ago.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend,
Brenda xo

Kit said...

Hello my friend! So glad the hurricane did not do any damage. I love your sunset photos. So lovely! Gorgeous morn here, nice and cool. You take care and safe. Love, KK

Hootin Anni said...

You, like me, look for hearts in nature...I just shared one on my blog the other day (a rock)! I love you sharing yours so much, and I love reading what your husband did for you!!

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Your sunsets are unbelievably beautiful, Lorraine! Your memories of your DH are touching; thank you for sharing them with us.
Also, Thank you so much for the encouraging words!
Hugs,
Tatyana

Friko said...

I see all sorts of shapes in oriental rugs. hearts too, but also lions’ faces and often flowers. I think they are woven into the fabric deliberately.
From one lonely widow to another, stay well and safe.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So glad the storm passed you by with only a couple of thumps and some beautiful skies left behind, dear Lorraine. I am also glad that you feel your sweet hubby's eternal love with all the dear signs he sends to you. So important during this isolating time. Feeling the Lord's presence is also important now, and a comfort for so many during this awful time. The rug is so very pretty and thinking of all the loving work that went into it is amazing. So nice that it is still being cherished...Sending hugs xo Karen

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, You published this on my birthday!!!!!! We celebrated my 78th --by taking a little trip to the Sheanandoah Valley in VA... Felt like a piece of heaven.

Yes, times have been hard for most of us... George and I are beginning to get out more --but are still being very careful and staying SAFE. Not sure when or IF things will ever get back to normal!!!!!

Making your own capsules is something I have never done... Not sure I could have the patience to do it now!!!!! ha.... BUT--it's a much cheaper way to get some needed vitamins and minerals in us... Proud of you...

Have an awesome week.
Hugs,
Betsy

BeachGypsy said...

Been ahile since you posted, Lorraine.......you doing okay? Hugs!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lorraine...your photos of the sunsets are so beautiful. Never heard of Moringa powder before. I drink daily two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Will have to check out your Moringa. Love your rug - it is amazing how certain things we see daily hide special patterns - like hearts. Have a great day. Congratulations too for winning at Brenda's give away. Take care friend. Hugs!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such lovely sky photos! I loved reading your memories of the rug and hearts that your husband gave you and how wonderful to see a heart cloud in the sky! Stay safe and stay well

Leslie Kimel said...

This was such a sweet, touching post, Lorraine. Thank you--it really made me pause and think and feel full of amazement at the beautiful mysteries of life and the world. I hope you are doing well and staying safe.

Dewena said...

Lorraine, I don't know how I missed this post; it's probably almost time when you'll be doing a new one. Your new Flower Lady's Musings picture is so pretty, very eye catching! And you were fortunate to get such great pics of that sunset. One thing I enjoyed about living in Florida was the sunsets, spectacular so many evenings. Your rug is lovely and the story behind it is so sweet. I remember other times God sent you heart messages and I'm thankful one came when you needed it. As always, your own closing message to your readers is so loving and inspirational. Thank you for them.

Junkchiccottage said...

I am not sure how I missed this post. The sunsets are gorgeous. Been thinking about you. I have my hands full with my mom right now with all her cancer issues. Do know I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.
Hugs,
Kris

Deborah Montgomery said...

That's a beautiful rug, I love the colors. How kind of the Lord to remind you of His love and your dear husband's love for you. He knows just what we need. xo

Anne Payne said...

I love the rug! Discovering hearts is always fun. I found two heart shaped rocks on the beach last Saturday. I've been lazy about blogging. I'm sorry not to have come around sooner. Much love to you, Rainey!!!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Memories to cherish ... it's simple little things that can bring us so much joy during these times along with the peace and comfort that is beyond all our understanding from the Lord.

Lynn and Precious said...

Lorraine, so glad you dropped by today. I was hoping you
were fine. Just too hot and tired from gardening to post.
Lynn and Precious