Thursday, July 9, 2020

Little accomplishments ;-)

Hi Folks ~ Today is a new day, a gift from our heavenly Father, Creator of the universe and all that is in it. May we be glad and rejoice in it.

My tropical jungle continues to 'overgrow'. Mowing is a weekly occurrence if it can be done in between times of rain. There is also always something to trim, as I never get caught up with it all.

View out the scullery window as a storm was headed in my direction.



The flowers of course are enjoying all of God's liquid sunshine. This rose below is 'Prosperity' and I've had it for years. The blooms always make me smile and give thanks and I put my nose to the blooms to take in their delicate sweet scent.


Below are alamanda blooms, this plant was grown from a cutting. Only one out of 6 cuttings made it. I love the coloring of this one.






The other day my dear friend Rita was going to drop off a couple of things she had for me, one was this lovely, key ring, which touched my heart.



Plus she stopped on the way and got me a Wendy's cheeseburger, fries, lemonade and a big cookie. Such a dear to do this and it was much appreciated.

My driveway needed some serious trimming as 4 o'clocks and other things were sprawling. So I tackled the job before she got here. It took a couple of hours and I was working in the shade, sweating but not as bad as if I'd been working in the sun.

Before


After



Tree limbs from the neighbors trees are over hanging the driveway. I do appreciate the shade, but, it's overgrowth is getting to be way too much. I cut back what I can reach and I keep praying that the tree service that takes care of trimming trees for the power lines will come along and take care of it all. They have done so in the past. My dear husband used to take care of it. The last time it was done was 2-3 years ago by a friend's tree man, no cost to me.

From the sidewalk looking north.


From the back looking south.



Little side gate into front patio.


Well, I won't be buying a new phone for connecting with Zoom. My Wi-fi connection is what's wrong. I checked my ATT account and I now only have the basic internet connection. We used to have a great connection, but I did get rid of my landline because of finances so just have U-verse, maybe they cut my connection back. As a widow, on a very limited budget, I really have to watch my spending. I am relieved about not buying a new phone, as that's a LOT of $$. This one works just fine and does have a great camera.

I have an older computer with windows 7 and no camera on my monitor, so I googled web-cams. I read and read reviews and info on these cameras and finally ended up with this one below.



My brother-in-law and sis-in-law were very impressed with the quality of audio and video when we 'zoomed' on Sunday.

I was intimidated by this all as my DH was the computer geek. I had to purchase a web cam on my own, then downloaded the zoom program to my computer. And YAY, I did it! It was so nice to zoom and not be frustrated about being cut off constantly. Plus on my computer I can 'see' everyone so much larger than being on phone.

My friend Rita and I will be starting a new session of GriefShare, online, using zoom. This is all new territory, much different than doing it in person. Please keep us in your prayers, and for any who will attend these meetings in this way.

Below are a couple of visitors.

I had just opened up the curtains on the back door and saw this stray cat lounging. It wasn't all the way light out yet, outdoor light hadn't shut off, and he saw me,


then ignored me.


Here is another visitor from yesterday afternoon.



In the pic below, he must have sensed me staring at him through the window and decided to vacate the premises.


I will close this post in saying that reminders of love can show up when we least expect it. This one was on the bumper of my van.


Keep me in your prayers as I try to take care of this place. It does get overwhelming at times, and especially during this time of isolation.

Thank you all for your love, prayers and encouragement.

Thank you dear Deb for the three masks you made and sent. I will think of you and pray for you as I wear them.


Thank you dear Terra for this sweet 'bear' hug.


That's it from Plum Cottage for now.

Love, hugs and prayers,
FlowerLady

10 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Friends are the best for every day of the week. Not just during these
times of covid. How wonderful to receive loving thoughts and gifts.
The kitties may have been looking for some cool spot to lay in the
shade of your garden. Cute to see. And you are braver than me on the
technology end of things! Glad the camera and zoom are better for visits.

Nancy J said...

Love is everywhere, and we just need to open our hearts and it will fly in. Love your gifts, and you garden, God's liquid, a delightful term for rain, we all need it, as do the farmers, the plants and trees. Here there is snow, both North and south of us, the Northern family will travel down past us on Saturday, so I hope their road will be safe. All good here, our GP told me on Wednesday I am looking so well. What did I look like before, I wonder. Hugs to you.XXX

Debbie Nolan said...

Sounds like you have some good and caring friends. Your rose is so lovely. I am sure it smells delightful too. Take care and God bless. Hugs!

Vee said...

You do have your work cut out for you...no pun intended. I feel much the same way with the forest growing taller every year. I bought myself a small electric saw and don't dare to use it. Gosh it's heavy! I am praying that the neighbors' tree man comes and takes care of those branches. They sure are getting low. That rose is gorgeous!

Anne Payne said...

I can't imagine keeping up with all of that but you do a great job! I love your little bit of paradise. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I do pray that you can keep up with all that work, or that someone will come along to give you hand.

ellen b. said...

I've been struck with the realization that our property will be way too much to handle the older we get. Your little green paradise seems so refreshing. I hope that the tree service will come by and do some work on those trees. We were able to call our power company to trim some trees that were coming close to lines. I wonder if you have that option. Glad you have some good friends who check in on you!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I enjoyed seeing all your lovely photos, all those sweet kitty cats visiting and lounging, and seeing those sweet gifts from special friends. I can only imagine how much work it is to take care of all that needs tending. I hope that the tree trimmers come along soon to put your trees to right. Wishing you His all sufficient grace for all that you need day by day.

Brenda xox

gretchenjoanna said...

Being a sole homeowner is daunting. It seems that every time I get one task completed, two more things pop up that need to be fixed or maintained or replaced. My daughter who's been here for a couple of weeks said the other day that it makes her wonder if she will ever want to own her own place.

We can only do one thing at a time, and be thankful for the strength for today, and all the dear helpers God sends along! I am ready to go elsewhere whenever He shows me it's time, but I do want to stay here and (barely) keep up as long as possible.

M.K. said...

What would Miss Tork think of those strange cats in her yard!! :) It's mighty hot outside to be working, FL. Take it easy down there.