Monday, July 20, 2020

Morning Rainbow

Good morning Folks ~ Here it is another Monday morning. It is partly cloudy, breezy, looking like we could get more rain. I need to mow the back, but that's not going to happen with wet grass. I was able to mow the front little lawn and driveway area last week, plus trim and weedeat along the sidewalk/front hedge.

The morning of the 17th I opened up the blinds in my little space here and low and behold I saw a rainbow. So, I grabbed my phone and quickly raced outside before it disappeared.

I always love seeing a rainbow. It brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart.  It is God's promise to us that He will never destroy the earth again with a flood.

"It represents His goodness, His mercy and grace, His love and longsuffering, and, most of all, it is a reminder that His promises are true and faithful." (From livinggospeldaily.)















Our opportunity is to Soar our Spirit.

To see Light and Joy in everything.

To spread our wings and fly boldly.

To give thanks for rainbows and butterflies -

our symbols of renewal and rebirth.

To offer daily Thanksgiving - for ourselves, our family,

our friends, our community, for the whole world.

 Jonathan Lockwood Huie

***

May you all have a peace filled week.
May you be well and stay safe.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

17 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Wonderful pictures, so glad you could capture this moment in photos.
Thank you and have a safe and peaceful week.

Melanie said...

How wonderful and beautiful to see a rainbow in the morning! A sign from above to start your day.

xoxo

Carolyn said...

I feel such a kinship with you-I am a widow of four years and dearly miss my sweetheart! I found the Undistracted Widow to be immensely helpful. I dont have a blog but enjoy following yours and several others. This quarantine surely set me back in my mourning process. Prayers for you!

Terra said...

Rainey, you know I love reading your posts and visiting with you here. How good you captured the rainbow in a photo to share with us. Be well my friend.

Nancy J said...

The rainbow, raindrops on leaves and flowers, nature continues to show there is beauty everywhere.

Henny Penny said...

It is a beautiful rainbow. Glad you got out to get a picture before it faded away. I didn't realize a rainbow meant that, but it does make me happy to see one.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a lovely rainbow. Have a good week and God bless you Rainey!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You captured lovey pictures of that rainbow.

Ann said...

What a wonderful treat to find the rainbow.
It was cooler here today with a wonderful breeze. I should have gone out and mowed the lawn but I was feeling lazy

Susie said...

Lorraine, I love all the rainbow pictures. I am smiling thinking of you getting photos too. I know it lifted your spirits. Hope you are doing well and enjoying some pretty days there. Blessings to you, Stay safe, xoxo, Susie

ellen b. said...

It's always so much fun to see a rainbow. Lovely photos!

A Joyful Cottage said...

I just finished my morning devotional and then opened your blog. What joy to find more love from the Lord right here with your rainbow photos and words of encouragement! You are a gift from God, my friend. I'm so glad that you faithfully serve Him and share with us what He has laid upon your heart. God bless you, Rainey! Hugs, Nancy

Anne Payne said...

That's a lovely sight over your niche in paradise!!! {{hugs}}

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Lorraine, you got some great shots of the rainbow. They are not easy to get usually and we don't see enough of them..Stay well, my friend..xxoJudy

Dewena said...

Your pictures of the rainbow are lovely, Lorraine! I haven't seen a rainbow in a long time but our son and his family had the blessing recently of seeing one while at a beach and took pictures, spread from end to end across the sky.


Your words always inspire me to give thanks for simple daily joys, Lorraine. I was watching Fiddler on the Roof on television the other night, my first time in decades to watch it, and I was so struck by Tevye talking out loud to God throughout the whole day, not just at prayer time. It made me determined to do that more often too and it has helped keep me focused on the fact that He is right here with me as I go about my day and night.

Love and hugs to you,
Dewena

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You wonder why seeing a rainbow lifts your spirits so much. I am happy that I take joy in the wonders that nature provides.

Be well and happy.
xx, Carol

L. D. said...

When I was a kid the rainbow was so magical. It still is even though living in the city lessens the chances to see them.