Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Good, good Father

Hello Folks ~ Just had to share a song that came to mind today, after one of my barn kitties was sick yesterday, and I prayed for her, and asked Jesus to take care of her. A verse of scripture came to mind also: 

2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV) ~ Casting down imaginations, (worrisome thoughts and worse case scenarios) and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 

Another verse of scripture came to mind a few minutes ago, 1 Peter 5:7 ~ "Cast all your cares upon Him, for He careth for you." When my dear husband was bedridden, near the end of his time here on this planet, he called out to me this verse,  as I came in the door from work one afternoon, and it comes to mind often. Words of love from God and the love of my life, my dear husband. Words of encouragement, as he knew I needed them, knowing what a worrier I've been my whole life.
 
Back to the story, this morning when I went out to feed the barn girls again, Miss Rinkie was FINE. I couldn't quit thanking my heavenly Father enough, a huge weight had been lifted. In the over all scheme of things it's not a big deal, but it was a big deal to FlowerLady and the Bible says: 

Matthew 10:29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows". He cares for every bit of His creation, beside us humans.

In Philippians 4:6-7 it says: 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

With that, here is the song that came to mind: Good, good Father.



To close this post, here are two pictures of the same hibiscus flower, the first one in the a.m. and the second late afternoon. This hibiscus is called 'Hugs-n-kisses'.



 
Thank you God for your beautiful creation that brings joy to our hearts. Amen.

FlowerLady

16 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes indeed, God is a good, good Father. I am so thankful that I have Him to rely one very day.

Kit said...

Hello dear friend! Thank you for praying for the wee ones. I think I pray for everything...lol It can't hurt. Your flower is amazing! Have a great week! Love, KK

Beth said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Oh, I am thanking the Lord with you!!

Nancy J said...

Each one is so special, and a barn kitty extra so. So thankful for all prayers answered. Hugs and kisses, truly the most beautiful of all your blooms.

DIVASWIGS said...

Thanks a lot for you sharing!It helps me a lot !
Absolutely love it and i am expect more from you.

Mary said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful post and citing those verses from scripture. They were needed to be heard by me, as I’m trying to cease stressing so instead of placing everything in our dear Lord’s hands. Thank you and God bless you!

Ann said...

So glad the little barn cat was ok. Prayer is very powerful.
That's amazing that those two pictures are the same flower. Their color is so different. It's very pretty

Anne Payne said...

Oh Yes!!! Thank you, Lord, for Rainey's timely post that was so very needed this morning! Praise God for YOU, my GOOD GOOD FATHER!!!!

I love you, sweet friend! You ministered to me this morning. Hugs~

pilar said...

I went to bed feeling very low about myself, last night. And although I spoke "with" God about it, I still felt worried and ashamed. This post cannot be a coincidence, though! It's like God is answering through you, so thank you for taking the time to write it! What a hibiscus flower, this one is, very beautiful and unusual. A lovely and blessed day to you!

Terry said...

Beautiful post, Lorraine! Thank you! I needed to read and hear that today!

Love,
Terry

Pom Pom said...

We sang this at CBS leader training yesterday! I'm so glad your kitty is okay!

GretchenJoanna said...

I needed that! XO

Debbie Harris said...

Such an encouraging and up lifting posting, thank you!
The Lord takes care of His own and through the Scriptures we find great peace and comfort along with guidance for our every day lives.
We have so much to praise good for!

Happy to hear that your kitty is doing good.

Take care~

ellen b. said...

We have a good good Father, indeed!. Glad the kitty was fine!

M.K. said...

That hibiscus is amazing and stunning! They should call it the magic flower :) I'm so glad about your kitty. I know just what you mean about a huge weight being lifted, when you realized she was fine. I have often felt that way when God graciously removed a worry from my shoulders by answering prayer.