Monday, December 17, 2018

It’s Christmasy at Plum Cottage

Hello Friends ~ It is a beautiful Sunday morning here in s.e. FL. Going to have chilly weather again tonight, 50’s. Yesterday it lightly rained off and on all day into the evening hours. Gloomy, but this is a new day and we are blessed with sunshine, gentle breezes and a big blue sky.

Pinched nerve pain is no more. I am so thankful for that. I’ve had this before, and other times the pain was worse and it lasted longer.

Early Friday morning I received a text from a friend. She had gotten ‘free’ tickets to see ‘Hello Dolly’ and asked if I wanted to go with she and her husband. I said yes, not knowing what the story line was, only remembering a couple of lines to the song.  Even though the story was about a widow, I only teared up once and that was with the song about falling in love.  The performance was FANTASTIC! The singing, the dancing, costumes, orchestra, the comedy, all amazing. I laughed, clapped, sang along, and left with a smile on my face and joy in my heart. It was so good to get out with friends, a change of scenery, stepping outside of my comfort zone.

Yesterday morning I went to another session of Grief Share and was blessed by my time with others. Sharing, tears, laughter, a good time together. We have two more sessions, then we will all meet somewhere, to be determined, for lunch together. The next set of sessions will start up in January, maybe and I’m planning on going again, to be able to share the comfort and healing that I’ve been blessed by Jesus with these past 6 years.

I thank you all for your kind comments on my last post.

I have to say that I’m glad the 9th is past. That is the hardest part of December for me, even though for my dear husband it was the best day of his life. Thursday will be his 71st birthday and I’m planning on making a special meal to celebrate the day he was born.

Here is a hazelnut chocolate ball by Ferroro Rocher. I could hardly believe what I saw when I unwrapped it and am always thankful when hearts show up for me.

12-09-hazelnut-choc

I came across a cute little you-tube video called ‘The Wind in the Willows’ from 1983 that some of you might enjoy..

****************************

It’s now Monday. Was 56 and felt like 52 this morning. The sun is shining in a big blue sky right now.

I will close with pics below and will be taking a break until after Christmas.

******

Now for some Plum Cottage Christmas.

12-10-porch-lights

12-10-liv-rm

12-10-tree

12-12-tree

  12-10-come-with-me

12-10-ballerina

12-10-hearts

12-10-ornies

12-11-hearts-2

12-11-indian-princess

12-11-lions

12-11-snow-couple

12-11-irma-wood-angel

12-11-cement-heart

12-11-star-light

12-17-holy-family2

When Jesus became a baby,

he lost nothing of his God-ness.

He was truly God and truly man,

in one person.

Even as he slept soundly as human,

he was holding the universe together as God.

(Taken from this article on Desiring God.)

***********

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:1

************

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

John 1:14a

************

God was manifest in the flesh

1 Timothy 3:16 b

***********

12-10-nativity

Merry Christmas to all.

May you feel the Love, Peace & Joy of God

surrounding you this holiday season.

FlowerLady

35 comments:

ellen b. said...

Lorraine, A very Merry Christmas to you. Your house is Merry and bright!

Kit said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! Your little cottage looks lovely. Love, KK

L. D. said...

Your tree and decorations are all so beautiful. I like how great your living room looks. I wish you a great Christmas season with all that you do.

Ann Thompson said...

Your decorations all look wonderful. Have a very Merry Christmas and we'll see you after your break

crafty cat corner said...

Lovely post Lorraine and the tiny chocolate heart is beautiful.
Briony
x

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

What an enjoyable post this was. Christmas at Plum Cottage looks beautiful.

Merry Christmas to you!

Nancy J said...

Beautiful decorations, and I truly could not pick one out of them all to be #1. Remembering your dearest Mark, and seeing all your decorations , makes me realise that love will always be in our hearts. A season with new friends, older ones far away, we are all so blessed with friendship and love. Fondest Greetings to you from way down here in NZ. XXXX

M.K. said...

Hello, FL! My laptop is alive again (hooray!!), so I can visit blogs again more easily. Your cottage is delightful, warm and welcoming, and cozy. The glow of Christmas's joy is evident there. I'm so thankful you have a grief group to help you as you work your way through these years without your sweet husband. 71! He was much too young to go.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Plum Cottage looks very festive. Have a Merry Christmas.Looking forward to hearing more here on your blog after Christmas.

lil red hen said...

Plum Cottage looks very festive!
The Wind in the Willows is one of my favorite stories! So much imagination in it.
Have yourself a Merry little Christmas !!

Beca said...

~Amen~ Merry Christmas!
xx Beca

Junkchiccottage said...

How great to be treated to Hello Dolly with great friends. Sounds like a wonderful night. I also love that you found the message of love in the candy. Very joy filled to find that. Enjoy the holidays. May you find little moments like the heart appearing throughout the next week leading up to Christmas. Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Kris

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Morning
Your Christmas decor is lovely. I positively love the purple lights at your front door. Perfect.
My grandson is in Miami right now. I don't know how warm it is, but they were at the beach and said it was HOT.
Merry Christmas
Carol

bj said...

Your home looks so cozy and pretty...love all your decorations.
It's been 1 1/2 yrs now since Mr. Sweet passed and it still seems like yesterday. I've been invited to several grief groups but not gone to any of them. It is hard enuf for me without seeing other ladies crying and hurting so. I will go if I need to, tho.
Blessings to you and have a Merry Christmas.

Anne Payne said...

It sounds like Hello Dolly was a hit! I'm so happy you are rejoicing in God our Savior!!! You're such an encouragement, Rainey. Much love and Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

Dewena said...

Your Plum Cottage Christmas is so beautiful, Lorraine! Everything so Christmasy and cozy. And do you know that the ceiling in your living room looks just like ours? I very glad you had the happy evening out watching Hello Dolly. We must take all the beautiful treats that life gives us.

I pulled the Wind in the Willows video off on my desktop to watch tonight. It will help me relax for bedtime. I think I saw it years ago and I love all things from that dear book.

Merry Christmas to you, dear Lorraine,
Dewena

Out on the prairie said...

My grandson has a draw with that atlantic and goes each day.they are in Merriil Island

Morning's Minion said...

Your little house is looking so festive and cheerful. Have you noticed that Christmas cards always have SNOW--something we don't often see here in Kentucky in December.
Wishing you quiet joys, a peaceful heart for the Christmas season. How lovely that you had the treat of an outing--it sounds like a great evening!

Connie in Hartwood said...

Merry Christmas, Rainey!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Lorraine, your Plum Cottage looks like it is right out of a fairy tale. I love all your charming Christmas and it looks so pretty lit up with the purple lights..Merry Christmas my friend..xxoJudy

Terry said...

So pretty, Lorraine!
Merry Christmas!
Terry

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How lovely your decorations are!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

Your house looks so pretty...

I know how hard anniversary dates are. It's like you can take a deep breath again when the day passes. {{hugs}}

I hope that you are spending Christmas with loved ones and feel surrounded by love.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Your sweet cottage looks wonderful, Lorraine - and I love that ornament about God saw him getting tired....I must look for one of those for my mom. Merry Christmas to you! xo

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Your little Plum Cottage looks so festive and pretty! I love all your angels and the purple lights. So nice to see the musical with friends, too. Love seeing all your sweet ornaments and so very glad that you are finding comfort with your new group. Wishing you peace and love on Christmas and blessings in the coming new year, dear friend. Hugs xo Karen

GretchenJoanna said...

Your description of the "Hello, Dolly!" outing was a joy. And so are all the images of your house, inside and out. What fun you had!

Terra said...

Your purple lights suit Plum Cottage to a T. You have a lot of cute ornaments and that is a special one that says "God saw that you were tired". Merry Christmas dear friend.

Janneke said...

Your house looks so comfortable and cozy Lorraine and your joy about the Hello Dolly performance is contagious.
I also have a small group of widow friends who come together for dinner sometimes. These are always pleasant evenings where we share laughter and tears.
Wish you a Merry Christmas Lorraine, and I hope to continue blogging next year.

NanaDiana said...

Rainey- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas full of love and surprises!!! Blessings-xo Diana

Diane said...

Wonderful holiday pictures and lovely decorations.

Hugs Diane

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

pilar said...

Merry Christmas to you and to all who get to share in your wonderful home at Plum Cottage. Blessings!!!

Pam's English Garden said...

Your home is beautiful and festive, Lorraine. Wishing you a blessed Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year! P. x

Henny Penny said...

I somehow missed this Christmas post. Your decorations are so pretty!

outlawgardener said...

Beautiful in so many ways!