Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Atta-girl and never too old

Hello Folks ~ It is a beautiful sunshiny day here in s.e. FL. Big blue sky, breezy and 60 degrees. Early this morning it got down to 47 and the real feel 39. That’s cold for us. Inside it was 70. Yesterday it seemed very warm inside Plum Cottage, and was nice and cooler outside, BUT I purposely did not open windows for fresh air, knowing it was going to get cold. Didn’t need to let the warm air out.  I had a you tube video of Christmas music and a picture of a roaring fire with the sound of fire crackling, on the tv, and was nice and comfy in my little abode. So far, with these couple of cold fronts I’ve not had to use the radiant heat heater.

I've been dealing with a pinched nerve in my left hip area since I woke up yesterday morning. It's a little better today. I'm just taking it easy again today.

The weather was so wonderful earlier this morning, that I was overflowing with thankfulness and decided to sing a little song for you.  

I used my phone to make the video, but, didn't have it in landscape mode, and there is no way you can rotate it once you've uploaded the video to you tube. I googled that option for quite awhile, older info said you could, then after trying to do it and find this or that to fix the problem,  I found out that you-tube had done away with the program that did that. I then saw where I could download an app to my phone, 'google photos' that would rotate the video for me. I've not downloaded anything to my phone, others have done it for me. I got brave and did it and was thrilled when it worked, turning the video horizontally. I couldn't quite trim off the ending, was having too much trouble so left it as is. I could hear DH's atta-girl for me accomplishing this little thing. To me it's a sort of big thing. Then I uploaded it and it is right. YAY! But, my Open Live Writer program will not post videos for some reason. Maybe I need to see if there is an updated version. I am doing this post in Blogger and hope it gets posted. I am never too old to learn new things, I just need to be 'brave'.

In spite of all that I've been through in my life, especially since my dear husband went to be with Jesus 6 years ago, I have much to be thankful for. I have tried to find this song online but haven't had success so far. I went to a Christian boarding school when I was in the 10th grade and lived in a house of high school girls with our house parents and a college age monitor, we would sing this in our devotional time each evening. This song stuck in my head and heart and has been a blessing to me through the years. My voice isn't what it once was, but I sing anyway, with joy in my heart.

I am standing in my driveway at the rear of the property. The wind is blowing, and the chilly air was very refreshing. I just stood in place instead of moving the camera around.

I've sung this song twice now with my 'Grief Share' family. The first time we were talking about being thankful to God even through our losses and I told them I wanted to sing this song, even though I was very nervous. I sang with joy in my heart, tears streaming and a smile on my face. The next week I was asked to sing it again. After I sang it I told them next time they would all sing with me.  I highly recommend Grief Share for anyone who is suffering the loss of someone in their lives.


That's it for now. I just had to share this with you. Christmas can be so rough for many, many people for all kinds of reasons. Let's spread cheer, love, peace, forgiveness, & encouragement with others. Jesus loves us all, He wants us to love Him and love others.


Happy Christmas holidays ~ FlowerLady

26 comments:

L. D. said...

That is a very goos song and I really enjoyed hearing you sing it. We had a warmer day today and it is the first day that it got too warm in the house. I had to turn the thermostat down. The song is a good memory for you and you should sing it often.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

That was a beautiful song, Lorraine, and your voice still sounds pretty. I see on your sidebar that the anniversary of your dear husband's death was two days ago. I am so sorry for your loss, I know how I would react if it were me. My son's birthday was on Dec.6. He would have been 52 years old. It gets easier but never forgotten..A person still has to find joy in life..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Ruth Hiebert said...

You have a beautiful voice. The song is not unfamiliar not me.Seems to me that I have sung is=t way back in Sunday school.Either way, it is a lovely song.

ellen b. said...

Great encouragement and reminders about what this time of year brings up in memories and real life stuff. Good for you for singing that great song.

BeachGypsy said...

Love your new header up there, look at the pretty snowflakes! I listened to the song this morning and it blessed me. What a pretty song, one I've never heard before. And you did a great job singing it.

Ann said...

Accomplishing things on our own is so rewarding, no matter how big or small. It just feels good to know we can do it.
Loved your video, thanks for sharing it.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It was a pleasure to hear you singing. Your voice is very clear and pretty. That was a lovely song which I have never heard before. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I liked your Angel collection at the top of your post.

Cheryl said...

I'll add my own "atta girl" to you!! I am quite impressed with your ability and determination to figure all that out! (Having your people living in my house helps me. Not sure what I'll do when they are not here any longer.) I enjoyed hearing your sweet voice singing the song from long ago.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I have to share this with my mom - she's having a hard time since my dad passed away 6 months ago. You're a sweet woman with a sweet voice, Lorraine! Hugs!! xoxo

Dewena said...

It is wonderful to hear your voice, Lorraine! I loved hearing your son and seeing the Florida breezes blowing the tall trees. It looks as if it were a beautiful day to be singing your hymn of gratefulness outside.

I'm very impressed by all the tech stuff you wrote about. I do try some new things when forced to but too often stay stuck in my comfort zone. I hope that pinched nerve clears up soon. I've had that and it's a miserable feeling. Your snowflakes on your post are so pretty! Has any ever fallen for real, that far south?

I hope the nice cool weather holds for you but not enough to make the electric bill soar!
Dewena

Kit said...

Oh how lovely! To hear your voice after so many years of knowing you is wonderful! Love, KK

Terry said...

That was beautiful, Lorraine! Thank you!
Love,
Terry

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, so beautiful, Lorraine - I think when you love a song so much, you can't help but be happy when you sing it, and that comes through. Good for you for learning new techie things, too. I need to learn how to upload videos someday. Christmas can be so bittersweet when we are missing those we love. Sending hugs and blessings for your week. xo Karen

Junkchiccottage said...

Rainey this is just beautiful. Love to hear you sing your sweet song. I know this time of year is hard for you with missing your sweet hubby. May you find peace in your heart this holiday season.
Hugs,
Kris

Down On The Farm said...

Beautiful song sung by a beautiful lady!! Thank you for blessing us and reminding us to always thank the Lord. Loss is so very hard. I lost my mother 21 weeks and 4 days ago and I miss her every moment. So thankful that she lived her life for Jesus and one day we will be together again. I know she is in heaven, healed and whole and praising Jesus! Sending a hug my new friend! Blessings to you from Missouri! Praying for you!

Darcie said...

What a gift to not only hear your voice but to hear it lifted in a song of thankfulness!! Simply beautiful Lorraine! When I think of December and my blogging friends, I'm reminded of your loss, but it is so hard to think it was 6 years ago...wow. Thank you for all your encouraging words on your blog, and may your heart be wrapped in the warmth of all the memories the two of you shared. Merry Christmas if you I don't make it back around before then. Much love!

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Good song and nice voice, Rainey. Had it not been for Jesus, where would you and I be these last few years? I don't know if it's the 7th year or what, but it's been a huge struggle since first of Nov. I'm doing "some better" but will be glad for the hols to be over.

Rebecca said...

🎶So beautiful, Lorraine! I haven't heard that song for a long time. To hear you sing it gives it extra meaning! Thanks for the gift of this song. ❤️

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely! Merry Christmas. I love this post. Great message. You are such a wonderful example. Love from UT.

Melanie said...

I loved hearing your sweet voice, dear Rainey! It looked like a beautiful day...I'm glad you were able to find joy in that and share it with us. xoxo

Catsngrams said...

Dear Lorraine so good to see you on blogger. I love the song. I lost a grandson quite tragically 13 years ago he was only 14 years old. I miss him every day. I wish we had a grief meeting here in Utah. We are expected to do everything through our church but I find that they are not quite as understanding as they are suppose to be. Have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.
Carla

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Such a beautiful song sung beautifully by you! How wonderful to know that the Lord loves us so! I'm so thankful to hear you are enjoying going to the Grief Share class, such a blessing to encourage each other in the grief and loss that you share. I pray your Christmas is a blessed time and full of peace, joy and love!

Unknown said...

This was beautiful. Thank you for sharing. So thankful and blessed you came to GriefShare. You are a blessing to this group. Love to you this Christmas season and pray you will be abundantly blessed in the coming year.

Vee said...

That was wonderful singing. I love the plummy lights for Plum Cottage, too. Many blessings at Christmastime and all year through.

M.K. said...

Hello, sweet FL! I love that song, and your voice is very pretty, I think. Sweet memories that music brings to use from years ago. Please do stay warm down there. I'm getting back to my blog reading again ... hoping my laptop will stay alive :)

Jean Campbell said...

Rainey! I missed this but it isn't too late. Here's a late present, the music and lyrics to your song, with the second verse.

http://rogerthomassen.blogspot.com/2010/04/thank-you-jesus.html

2018 was not a good year for me. I'm hopeful of better times in 2019 and wish the same for you.

Love,
Nell Jean