Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Still Waters

Hello Friends ~ Here we are almost to the middle of June. We've had some abnormally high temps for May and into June. Since Monday afternoon, we started getting some much needed rain from a tropical rainstorm that has covered and deluged south Florida with rain and more rain. It is 7:56 pm EST and on the weather app it says we've had 3.85" of rain in the last 6 hours, & 1.76 " of rain is expected in the next 24 hours. There has been flooding in some areas, but thankfully not where I am. I did go out this morning and it wasn't raining, but when I started my drive home it was steadily raining, and began raining harder after I made it safely here. I prayed to and from for safe traveling and thanked God when I made it home and settled in before the rains really came down.

I want to thank you all for your kind comments about my losing Miss Tork. It's taken time to get used to the quiet, and the loss of her makes me miss my dear husband all the more. Each day is a gift from my heavenly Father and I want to rejoice and be glad in each one. I do have much to be thankful for, even on down days. He is always with me and has promised to never leave me.

My ladies Bible study has ended the wonderful study of Psalm 23 by Jennifer Rothschild. It blessed and encouraged us in our daily walk with Jesus. Below is part of that Psalm.

The Lord is my shepherd;

I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul; 

~~~

Through life's many ups and downs we have hope in our Savior, Jesus, who is God Almighty. I've been thinking about the 'still waters'. I thought to myself, where are my still waters? Then I saw this bit of my life right here at Plum Cottage. A small birdbath about 12" high, that my husband bought me for a birthday many, many years ago. I recently moved it to it's new location, where I see it coming and going into Plum Cottage. Notice the reflections!!


The end of May I came across a lovely song 'Still Waters' by Leanna Crawford. It was so appropriate after having just finished that Bible study. Below is a link to the song, and below that are the lyrics. I was inspired to write up a post, hoping that it will help and encourage others.


 Still Waters
Leanna Crawford

Great Aunt Maurine said at a hundred and three
Write scripture on your heart for when you need it
Cause anxiety hates Psalm 23
So just say it to yourself ‘til you believe it
And I’m feeling like I’m needing it right now


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He leads me by still waters ‘til my fears are gone
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
O I know You are with me
My father, my friend
Your goodness and mercy will follow me all of my days
I know by Your still waters I’m safe


Lord I believe You can set m? at ease
Turn this broken pi?ce in me to peace and quiet
I know there’s power in Your word
So I’ll say it over and over til my soul’s reminded


Oh The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He leads me by still waters ‘til my fears are gone
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
O I know You are with me
My Father, my friend
Your goodness and mercy will follow me all of my days
I know by Your still waters I’m safe


Still waters run through
Any valley I could find
I’m laying fear down
Here at Heaven’s riverside
Your word has been true
In every season of my life
I believe, yes I believe that
Still waters run through
Any valley I could find
I’m laying fear down
Here at Heaven’s riverside
Your word has been true
In every season of my life
I believe, yes I believe


Oh The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He leads me by still waters ‘til my fears are gone
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
O I know You are with me
My Father, my friend
Your goodness and mercy will follow me all of my days
I know by Your still waters I’m safe.

~~~~

That's it for now.

May God Bless and Keep each of you.

FlowerLady


6 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Lorraine, it is so lovely to see you here again. I think of Miss Tork often and know how quiet it must be for you. Hopefully you still have your outdoor barn cats for some meows. Reflections of life are a bit like your reflections in the bird bath. Stay safe.

Latane Barton said...

What an uplifting poem. Just perfect for my thursday morning.. I lost my husband in 2011. Know the feeling.

ellen b. said...

That is a lot of rain. I'm glad you made it safely home again. What a lovely reflection. Meditating on God's Word really helps us in the good and sad days. Blessings.

Mrs. White said...

It is so nice to see a post from you! Good to know you are doing well. God bless!

Melanie said...

Good to see a post from you again. It is so hard to lose a precious fur baby. My sweet Clementine is still hanging in there. I was at the vet ER with her a few days ago. She's bounced back and is doing OK again. She's 15 years old and in stage 4 kidney disease. She also has hyperthyroidism.

I saw online yesterday about the flooding in Florida. Glad you are safe. It is very hot here too, in northern IL right now. We're having a break today and tomorrow, but then it's back into the mid-90's.

Terra said...

His words and his power are true, and that Psalm reminds me God is in control. Recently when stressed or when ready to sleep I repeat two words "Jesus" and "Trust" as a prayer, many times. Be well dear friend.