Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Hurricane Ian

Good morning folks, where I am, southeast FL, we are under tropical storm watch. The west coast of FL is bracing for Ian. We will see if it stays on the predicted course, or comes more our way. It if turns this way, I'll have to get out the plywood hurricane shutters. SIGH! I wasn't nervous until a little while ago when I saw a you-tube video saying it could be heading our way, as worse case scenario.  I am praying for all in this hurricane's path.

Sorry I've not posted in awhile, summers really drain me of energy, and always make me feel somewhat ill, so I hibernate. Any work I do, is in the morning and only for an hour or two, mainly trying to keep it somewhat maintained around here. My sweet friend Wendy came and weedwacked for me last week and it looks so much better. I need to mow again as it's been a week, and after the rain that we are getting from Ian already, it will only grow higher. ;-)

Hope you are all doing well. It's hard to keep up with blogs since Blogger did away with email notifications. So sorry for not getting to visit a lot of you. I've missed so much.

Enjoy each day you are blessed with and keep Florida in your prayers. I'll post again after Ian moves away from us.

Love, hugs and prayers, 

FlowerLady

15 comments:

Barbara H. said...

So happy to see your post and keeping all of Florida in my thought and prayers. Very stressful, I'm sure.

Lynn and Precious said...

My prayers are with you Lorraine. I do hope it does not get stronger on the path to your home. Lynn and Precious

Nancy J said...

I hope Ian steers clear, and you stay safe.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lorraine will be praying for all of you in Ian's path. I can just imagine how frightening it can be when a huge hurricane is predicted to be coming one's way. Take care friend and stay safe. I take it that they are not evacuating your area as of yet. Hugs!

Melanie said...

I hope you stay safe from this storm. I've followed you through several hurricanes and it always sounds so scary.

I don't know how many blogs you follow, but what I do is list the blogs I read on the sidebar of my blog. You can choose the option to list the newest title of their post, too. So that way you can always see if one of your blogger friends has a new post up. I just go onto my own blog and look at my sidebar and click from there. Hope this helps!

lil red hen said...

Dear Flower Lady,

I think of you every day. I have a redbud tree with heart shaped leaves. Whenever I see a leaf in the yard I think of all the heart shaped items you've shown us over the years and how much they mean to you. And, here's praying God will kept you safe during this storm. Charlotte (aka lilredhen)

NanaDiana said...

I am really happy to see a post from you, Lorraine. I am praying that the hurricane misses you and that it doesn't do too much damage as it hits land. God bless the people in Ian's path. Hugs- Diana

Deb J. in Utah said...

Keeping you and all of Florida in prayer. Sounds like Ian is shaping up to be quite a storm. It's always good to hear from you. I hope you will be able to post more often as the weather cools down. :-)

L. D. said...

I wondered if you had another place to go in case it gets too bad. I hope you and your place can stay safe.

M.K. said...

I've been thinking of you these last few days, FL, knowing how you feel about stormy weather. So thankful that hopefully Ian is going elsewhere and I hope you avoided the brunt of it. What a storm! And what a crazy path it's taken.
I fell exactly as you do about summer. I am in my poorest health, both physically and mentally, by early Sept. I'm perking up now that it's getting cool. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon too!

Pom Pom said...

Praying! Keep safe, Lorraine xo

ellen b. said...

Praying for you and all our bloggy friends and other friends in Florida! Stay safe!

Vee said...

Thinking of you and praying that all is well. If you can, come back soon and let us know how you are faring.

Terra said...

You are in my prayers that Ian will miss your Plum Cottage and will get weaker and weaker and disappear quickly. I am happy to see your post, I've been thinking about you. Stay safe.

vic said...

I'm not sure where in Florida you live but I do hope Ian misses your area. Sounds as though all of you will get a good bit of rain but that is probably the least of it.

Take care and post again once things have settled down a bit.