Monday, October 18, 2021

Thank you!

Good morning Folks, it is just getting light out. Birds have started to sing their greetings to the world. I will be heading outside shortly to do more clearing of overgrowth. Saturday my dear friend Wendy and her husband Mike came over with a dump trailer and we, but mostly them as they didn't want me overdoing things, started loading old lumber, wood, etc. They took that load to the dumping station near me, came back and we proceded to fill the trailer again, but it going to station again will be happening today. This particular station takes anything, so my property should be looking great as each load of 'stuff' leaves. 

 I know my dear Mark is ever thankful and shouting for joy that I have been blessed with so much help this year. All of this accumulated 'stuff' didn't happen overnight, it happened over the years. When he first left this planet for the heavenly plane, I could NOT deal with everything. He had told me near the end if his life here when he was bedridden, "Rainey, get rid of the junk. I know you hate it." He could not pass up use-able things items dumped on the side of the road hence the overload. We used some, sold some and stored some. 

With the help of another female friend a few years back, and her husband's dump trailer, she and I loaded it with metal and took it to the scrap yard. 3,000 lbs equaled $300 back then. Now it is a lot less. That was the start of the clean up. This year, Juvenal took 18 pick up loads of more metal to the scrap yard, he got the $ for his help in clearing away the metal. Now everything else is starting to be cleared out. Mind you, I have kept out decorative iron bits, some things I think maybe I should keep, ha, for what? I am not a builder, I was Mark's helper in all of our projects. I would get ideas and he would bring them to fruition. So most ends up in the dump trailer or will end up there. It feels GREAT, I feel invigorated. A burden is being lifted. I am forever thankful to God for working all things out in His timing, for my good and His glory. I am thankful for helping friends.

Ok, I want to say thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments about my video short. I have a couple more that I took the same morning that I will put here. I will make next ones in landscape mode for wider views. I haven't looked for a free video editor yet, too busy to give it the time.

In this first one you will see a butterfly flit by at the very beginning. That was a treat! 


 The next one is a bit of my front patio area.


 Coffee is finished and I'm ready to get outside and start work for the day while it is cool.

God's blessings on you all and may you feel His nearness. 

Don't lose hope.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

20 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

I enjoyed seeing the purple arbor with the wrought iron gate. Inviting us into the garden to see more. And butterfly, I mostly am seeing the Cabbage whites now. It seems the Monarch migration is over, I did see 2 of them last week while it was 80 degrees. I have 40 this morn, 3rd day in a row, but a least the 20 MPH wind had died down to only 5 today. It is wonderful having friends to help with the removal and that you are feeling so optimistic about it instead of sad. I am sure your DH will enjoy watching over you and seeing the yard turn into a beautiful garden with a few of his treasures around.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It does feel good to clean out some of the stuff that is only taking up space.,I have done some,but it is an ongoing project.

Catsngrams said...

I love your videos. Your garden is beautiful I have been absent for awhile but now all the gardening and canning is done so I have more time to post. I wish my hubby would get rid of some of his junk. He is 79 and slowing down but he will not give up. I think that is a good thing but my kids are going to have a lot of work to do after we both pass. take care

Cat

Thelma said...

Nice videos. I like the white rod iron gate/fence in the second one.
It's good to get rid of things. We feel better when we do. As the saying goes, "Less Is More"
I've never done videos on YouTube. It's something I should learn
Take care Thelma

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello Lorraine. Your videos are great. I am so glad you are getting the help you need to do what you want to do. Your yard and garden are, as always, beautiful!

Olde Dame Holly said...

Your yard is really looking great now. I love the videos. You have a talent! Mine are so choppy they make me seasick.

Ann said...

So wonderful to have people who will help you with the clean up. That's truly a blessing. Enjoyed your videos

Henny Penny said...

Haven't seen you lately which is probably my fault. I have a hard time keeping up. I enjoyed your videos. Your place is just beautiful. I love it! Sure doesn't look like there is any junk there at all.

M.K. said...

That's the sweetest little gate!!
I'll mention it again, in case you don't see it in my other comment last time: I use Open Shot as my video editor. It's a free program you can install/download (whatever) onto your laptop. Then you export it to your laptop after you've finished it, and from there you upload it onto your Youtube channel. Good luck! Yes - use landscape mode.

Kim said...

Nice videos, Lorraine! I subscribed to your channel. I'm so glad you have all that help so you can get your property the way you want it! God is good!

Red Rose Alley said...

It looks like you got so much done, Lorraine. So good of your friends to come and help you and take all the unwanted stuff to the dump. The patio area is looking nice That's great that you are making short videos lately. So creative of you.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, Lorraine.

~Sheri

Sallysmom said...

Rainey, hope all is well with you.

BeachGypsy said...

Miss hearing from you Lorraine, hope all is well, you haven't posted in quite some time. Take care!

Betty said...

Miss your posts hope all is well with you and miss tork. Your cottage and gardens are a bright spot. Wishing you a blessed thanksgiving

Carla from The River said...

Hello, I am happy you are doing well, accomplishing so much, it does feel so rewarding.
Happy Holiday Season to you!

Anne Payne said...

Oh wow, Rainey!!! Your place looks great! I loved the videos, especially your patio area. You've done a lot of work and I'm so glad you've had some great help. Your testimony to God working all things for your good and His glory is encouraging as I walk a difficult period. One of these days I will get to South FL to visit my sister, and I hope to meet you in person. May the Lord bless you and keep you, my friend...xoxo

Lynn and Precious said...

Hope all is well, Lorraine. Thanksgiving over and Christmas soon coming. I know Dec. 9 is difficult and I'll be thinking of you. Lynn

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Dear Lorraine,

I hope that everything is going well for you. I was thinking about you, and your lovely flowers and home and thought I would stop by here. I've been missing seeing all of your pretty flowers and pictures. I hope we will see more of your pretty pictures and calming writing soon.

Take care.

Hootin Anni said...

I saw that you left a comment on Ann's blog and wondered how you've been. It's been a couple months since you blogged. Hope this comment finds you well. Happy Wednesday!!

Rebecca said...

Missing you, Lorraine! Is everything ok? ♥️🙏