Thursday, February 27, 2020

Another bit of chilly weather and some flowers to enjoy

Good morning Folks ~ Here it is a little over a month since my last post. I just haven't felt like posting. We are about to have another little bit of chilly weather, in the 40's tonight and tomorrow night. Temps have been in the high 80's and humidity high, so this is another welcome relief and probably our last bit of winter weather.

Here are some photos to enjoy. Roses below.










Other flowers in bloom. Azaleas and jasmine.


Golden Dewdrop



Keylime blossom


Mom-of-millions.

'Panama Rose'.


'Tecoma Stans' 



Key lime babies.


 Birds visiting in 'secret garden'.





 A little project I worked on yesterday, cutting the legs down of this little bench. There are chives, rosemary and an angelwing begonia on the bench.




I'm trying to get a lot done in my gardens before summer's heat and humidity are here to stay. I work outside 2-3 hours in the morning when it's nice out, after that I hibernate. Key lime and meyer lemon potted trees are full of blooms. I have some small tomatoes growing, cherry tomatoes maybe, I grew them from seeds from grocery store toms.

Remember to count your blessings, eliminate stress from your lives as much as possible, and stop to enjoy God's beautiful creation. Learn and grow through experiences, ask God for help and strength, He is always ready and willing to help us.

Spring is coming ~ FlowerLady

16 comments:

Thelma said...

It's so nice to see flowers and no signs of snow in your photos.
We are expecting a snow storm today. I have a cold and am sick of Winter.
Take care and stay well. Thelma.

lil red hen said...

Interesting post! I'm wondering, how do you keep your roses looking so lush and green? Do you spray? Really like the wall decor and bench.

crafty cat corner said...

Beautiful flowers as usual Lorraine. Don't worry about blogging regularly, I think posts should be as and when you feel like it. I seem to get a boost to post and then a lull.
Briony
x

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It is so cheerful to peek in and see what is growing at your home. Your roses are so lovely and it was fun seeing the baby limes. I always watch for your posts to pop up in my reading list.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers. The only ones I get to enjoy here right now are the half price roses I bought after Valentine’s day .I'm not complaining, as we have had a fairly mild winter and spring is on the way.

Ann said...

The flowers are all beautiful and a welcome sight. We are under a winter weather advisory until Saturday so I enjoyed the flowers.

Kit said...

Nice to see all your flowers! Especially when I am months away from my own. Take care my friend, Love KK 💕

Susie said...

Oh I loved seeing all the pretty flowers. Wow from 80 to 40..what a drop. I loved seeing the statue and the birds, such a calming place. Stay warm. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

It was 59 here today but the wind chill took it down to 39 and it was brisk! I understand about not posting frequently; most days it's all I can do to take care of animals, farm, house and then, me.

ellen b. said...

Lots of pretty color to enjoy in your garden! Here comes March!

Anne Payne said...

I always feel such peace when I read your posts. You have a beautiful oasis there in tropical FL!! I adore the wrought iron with the palm! Rest and stay cool! {{hugs}}

PS... I'm sharing a quote from this post on my FB page today. I love what you said -- "Remember to count your blessings, eliminate stress from your lives as much as possible, and stop to enjoy God's beautiful creation. Learn and grow through experiences, ask God for help and strength, He is always ready and willing to help us."

Lynn and Precious said...

Thank you for the gorgeous flower photos! It is going to be 10 degrees
here in Ohio tonight, must be where your cold air is coming from.
Your last paragraph is inspired. I appreciate the thought and the
truth of believing in Jesus. Hope the cold air is refreshing for you
for a couple days.

Melanie said...

Glad to hear you had a little bit of cooler weather for a reprieve from the heat. As always, your flowers are gorgeous. I really like how you have the side of your house decorated with plates and such. Adds a lovely, creative touch.

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh my Rainey the flowers in your garden are so gorgeous. Love your roses so much. I am so jealous you get to have these flowers now. We have a few months before that will happen for us. Enjoy the beauty of your garden and have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Kris

L. D. said...

You have such a wonderful garden. All the different areas are great to see. The fountain really is bringing in the birds.

M.K. said...

All your blooming roses and high temps are just amazing to me, in February. It's understandable you're wanting to get as much done now, before it gets so hot. It looks great! I love that short bench - it's perfect. 2 - 3 hours of yard work is HARD work! Good for you!