Friday, December 20, 2019

After a rough morning...

Hello Folks ~ As the title says, 'after a rough morning'... here is the rest of the story, something good happened, that I am still smiling about. 

Today is my husband's 72nd bday and he is celebrating in heaven, his 7th bday with his awesome Creator. I'm sure they are having a fantastic time.

Down here, life goes on and sometimes 'stuff' happens that can really get our goat. I was so frustrated and tight I thought I'd start bawling. I thought about stopping by church to see if one of the pastors was there to talk to, but, I felt God telling me to give it to Him. That eased the burden. I then stopped by the bank, but they were so busy, I walked back out and headed on home. Since I pass by the Salvation Army thrift store on the way home, I decided to check them out. I was surprised that the parking lot was empty. 

As soon as I walked in the door I spied a Queen Anne wingback chair, then saw the second one. They were $59.99 each. I've been wanting QA wingback chairs. I got out my tape measure to see if they would fit in my little cottage and even though I was sure they would, I decided to ask one of the ladies who worked there if she would hold them for 15 minutes while I ran home and checked the measurements. She said yes, and I hightailed it home. Did my measuring, and headed back. I asked her if I could get a better price. She said she'd see. Then asked me did I want the matching footstool. I really didn't because I was thinking of space as well as budget.  She got out her calculator and did some figuring and said I could have all three pieces for $99.98. The footstool was $24.99 on it's own. She gave me a discount of 25% off. I didn't hesitate. Merry Christmas to me.

We loaded the pieces into my van, which I am so thankful I have, and I happily headed home. They are made by Broyhill and I knew that was a good name. I've been looking for a pair of matching chairs for a few years now. Today was my day, the chairs had a dated tag on them and they just came in yesterday.



When I got home, I had to open driveway gates, and as I was opening them, I spied a heart leaf on the ground. I got my phone out and took a picture before I drove over the area. 


 And here's a great thing, we've had wet dreary weather for a couple of days, it was sprinkling earlier today but it had cleared up some and just after I put the old chairs out, a lady stopped and asked if they were 'basura', (garbage in Spanish) and I said yes. I showed her how the one chair worked as it was a small Lazy Boy recliner, too small for me or guests. Someone had given it to me earlier this summer. I was happy she was taking it and she was happy to be taking it. I told her 'Feliz  Navidad' and she said it back to me with a huge smile on her face.

 Here's the recliner. It really was uncomfortable to me. 



 Here are the old chairs, covered to match. (Hurricane plywood still on this window. Waiting for help with that. Had to bring in the floor lamp because the bulb is stuck in the hanging lamp and I can't get it out, especially hanging up there like it is.)


 Here are the new chairs in place. I've got to raise the paintings, and maybe turn the table around, too pooped to do that now. I ache from lugging chairs. I'm glad I took the footstool too.

I am so thankful to Jesus for this gift today on my dear husband's birthday, not a coincidence.


Miss Tork has made herself comfortable already. The chairs came with arm covers and a pillow for each chair. I am so happy with these. Hubby would like these also.



 I will close this post and go get horizontal.

Happy Christmas week/day,
FlowerLady


24 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those chairs are beautiful! What a great find! They look great in your place! Yes, God and your sweet hubby were helping you out today. Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

bjn said...

Those look so nice in your space. Kitty approves and has chosen her spot.

Nancy J said...

This was meant for you, and cat approval instantly seals it all with love. Your darling man will be smiling with happiness for you. We had rain last night, a mild earthquake quite nearby at 11.14, and our Boris leapt off the bed in fright. No damage anywhere. I am baking for friends and family this morning, sun is shining, and all is well.XXXX

56steps said...

What a wonderful find your new chairs were.
I'm glad you ended up with the ottoman too. It's always nice to put your feet up. :)

Enjoy your new furniture.

Debra

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your new chairs were waiting there just for you, and the lady who was happy to get the chair you had put out. Two person's prayers answered. Double happiness! I love the way you find hearts everywhere.

Your new chairs look so pretty in your home and the foot stool just adds extra coziness, plus comfort. I'm glad you got it.

Merry Christmas!

Susie D.

Morning's Minion said...

A find such as that is wonderful on any day and especially a blessing when you were feeling a bit frazzled and out of sorts. The fabric is perfect for a lover of flowers--and obviously perfect for your dear cat companion.

silverlady said...

Dear Flowerlady,
I stumbled on your blog a few days ago quite by accident—a few links away from a Google search for Christmas houseplants, I believe. Your post today brought me much comfort. I too am widowed. My husband died of sudden cardiac arrest almost six years ago at age 65. Like you, I experience my husband’s continuing presence and expect to be reunited. And like you, I enjoy gardening and home projects but also have rough days fairly frequently. Today was one of those days, and I can’t tell you how much comfort it brought me to read your post and know I am not alone and to read about your wonderful find of the chairs and the wonderful find of the woman who took your old chair! Many blessings to you this holy season.
Anne O (aka The Plant Lady per my husband)

Ann said...

The chairs are beautiful and what a bargain. I love that you found them on your husbands birthday.

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a wonderful story. Those chairs are gorgeous. The price sounds right as well. It certainly was a special day for you. Merry Christmas.

NanaDiana said...

Those are beautiful, Lorraine. I think God knew you needed a smile and a hug today...and the hug is in the form of that chair wrapping around you when you sit in it. What a bargain. Broyhill makes very good products and the pattern is really pretty. xo Diana

Red Rose Alley said...

The chairs look so nice in your room. I think they were meant just for you. I really like the floral fabric on them and the legs. Sometimes we just have to treat ourselves. ; ) Happy Birthday to your dear husband.

And a Merry Christmas to my new blog friend.

~Sheri

L. D. said...

What a great deal. I real like that style of chair as they are so comfortable. Your covering looks like new. Tough day and a better day. It is a God Smile.

pilar said...

I like the chairs, too, Lorraine. They're a great find! You know, my eye keeps returning to the painting above the right chair...what's the story behind it? It's beautiful. I wish you a Wonderful Christmas, to you and Miss Tork! May God continue to bless you, always : )

Vee said...

What a God wink! I don’t think God wants us to be uncomfortable and it sure sounds as if these were just for you. That you were, in turn, able to bless another is a double blessing. Enjoy them and take your time with the rearranging. Merriest and blessed of quiet Christmases.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great find,the chairs are so elegant and charming!Adorable story...God bless.

Mother Em said...

What a "steal!" So, so happy they "came" to you and look lovely in your home. Have a Very Merry Christmas and, yes, do as you said/wish, feet up and relax in your new chair/footstool.

Mary in Georgia

Kit said...

Oh how perfectly wonderful!! They look great. Enjoy them fully. 😊 KK

Anne Payne said...

Oh Rainey, Those are beautiful!!!! God is the giver of ALL good gifts!!!
Happy Christmas, my friend!

Terry said...

Hi Lorraine,
That post made me smile. I am so happy for you! Happy Birthday to your dear husband.
Terry

A Joyful Cottage said...

Lorraine, the chairs are just perfect with the colors in your living room. I can't get over what great condition they are in. You really got a huge bargain with those lovely chairs. I like the footstool too. It gives you the option of putting your feet up (something I appreciate with my ottoman). God is so loving. As He says in His word, He cares for the widow and the orphan. Hugs,
Nancy

Cheryl said...

As a "house" person, I am so excited about your bargain on those great chairs! As a friend, I love that you were heartened by this gift from our generous Father!

Rebecca said...

No. That was NOT a coincidence! As usual, I am warmed by the photos of the interior of your cottage. ❤️

ellen b. said...

What a nice find and such a good price, too. They look great in your space.

M.K. said...

That is an amazing deal, FL, and they are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Such a pretty print. I think you will be very happy you got the footstool also; it will make that chair even more comfy. And pillows too! God placed those there just for you!