Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Tiny a.c. unit keeping me cool!

Good morning Folks ~ two nights with no a.c., first night not too bad, second night not so good. Since my a.c. man can't get here until Sat., I got out the tiny a.c. unit, still in the box, given to me a few years back. I unboxed it, read the instructions, but could not lift it into the window. So, I let the assistant pastor at church know that I needed help in putting the unit in the window. He and the one young man who had helped get the chair here, came, put the unit in the window, and got it sealed in to keep cool air in. Then, we plugged it in and thankfully it works. I am so thankful for the gift of the little unit and for the help of these two young men. 

It was 84 in the bedroom, furthest room from a.c., outside was much worse, feeling like it was 10 degrees hotter. I went out to an American Sign Language class last night, a thoroughly enjoyable evening, and something I am looking forward to again. It was still warm in the house when I got home, but the humidity was being sucked out and that was a good thing.

In the middle of the night I checked the thermometer in the bedroom and it read 78. YAY!!!! I slept really good, getting almost 10 hours of sleep. 


This morning I need to get a few groceries. Then it's back home to relax. Having two days of no a.c. really drained me. I was starting to get 'grumpy' also. Heat does that to me. 

Yesterday after my Sr's Bible study, a gentleman from the church who feeds the homeless with collected goods from stores, came by to see if any of us wanted anything as he had surplus. I took 4 ears of corn, some butter rolls, and an apple strudel with walnuts, and 4 Fuji apples. Another blessing!! Pray for me as I plan to be more frugal than I already am.

Ok, with that, it's time for some breakfast and get ready to go get some groceries.

Enjoy your day, count your blessings, and thank God for all.

FlowerLady

12 comments:

Kim said...

So glad you're getting some relief! Those guys are building up treasure in heaven! Window air conditioners are such a blessing, aren't they? (when they work!)

I don't know if you've ever heard of this trick, but if you keep some ice water in the fridge and soak a medium-size towel in it, wring it out and lay it over the back of your neck, it can keep you very comfortable in the heat. Just refresh the towel from time to time. I do this for my hubby when he works in the heat outside and it's a lifesaver! Also, if you sleep with a damp towel on you at night you'll be more comfortable. Your kitchen is so cute and quaint!

Terra said...

How good your pastor and young man set up your small A/C, being too hot would drain me, and I like to be cool at night. I don't have/need A/C where I live, and often sleep with a window open even in cold weather. Hurray you got a good 10 hours of sleep.

Betty said...

Glad you were able to put the little ac up. I get grumpy too when the heat is really bad.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am so glad you got that ac hooked up. I would be very grumpy in that kind of heat and humidity.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

How wonderful to have a community that looks out for you, Lorraine!!

Ann said...

So glad you got that air conditioner put in and had thing cooled down a bit.

crafty cat corner said...

Thank goodness for the small ac, better than nothing. How you stand the heat I'll never know.
Briony
x

Vee said...

Yes! Glad for the relief that little AC is providing. Heat makes me grumpy, too. No sleep makes me grumpy and being hungry makes me grumpy. Okay, that’s a lot of things. 🙃 Your post points to the goodness of The Lord and it is good to know that He is helping you. Stay as cool as you can...

Anne Payne said...

It's amazing how being too hot affects our bodies. I'm so glad you got the little a/c working! Praise God for helpers. :-)

Anonymous said...

That sure was nice of them to help you with your air conditioner, those air conditioners can be quite heavy!

God Bless!

Lon

Kit said...

So glad you are a lot cooler. Nice to get help when you need it. 😊 Take care, KK

M.K. said...

Oh, FL, please do be very careful with the heat, and with your AC troubles -- so many older folks (which we are getting to be) collapse each year (or die) because of lack of AC in the home. I'm so glad you asked for help! Take care, dear.